Showing wrong alignment symbol?

SnakeSinger

I hate to have to post again so soon, but this is bugging me waaaayy too much to just ignore it :mad:

I have a light-sided Jedi Knight/Sentinel toon, but on his name tag it shows the dark-sided symbol? Why? D:

I have the silly Dark V Light thing set to light side (I don't even follow that as I don't bother with PvP) so there's no reason for it to insist he's dark sided when he's very clearly not? XD

Edited by SnakeSinger

Do you mean the golden legendary player symbol that is half imp half rep?

And Dark V Light isn't PVP it's a meta game where everything you do, from killing ops bosses to sending companions on crafting missions, pushes the server's alignment in the direction you chose. When the DvL meter is maxed, the endgame players of the winning side can earn dark or light tokens that can then be exchanged for stuff (armor, weapons, pets, mounts) on fleet. Those of the losing side get some world bosses to kill instead.

Edited by Mubrak

I hate to have to post again so soon

There's already threads discussing the matter. Please consider looking first to see if your topic is already being discussed. Skim through the Game Discussion subforum and the subforums under it. The icons are already being discussed

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

Edited by dr_mike

There's already threads discussing the matter. Please consider looking first to see if your topic is already being discussed. Skim through the Game Discussion subforum and the subforums under it. The icons are already being discussed

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=255

I did look, thanks, am still looking and have yet to find a helpful answer. I'm not a complete idiot (also where is this "Game Discussion" forum you're talking about, all that's on that link you've provided is "Suggestions", "Cartel Market Suggestions", "Bug Reports" and "Off Topic Discussion" so idk where you get game discussion from o,o)

I did look, thanks, am still looking and have yet to find a helpful answer. I'm not a complete idiot (also where is this "Game Discussion" forum you're talking about, all that's on that link you've provided is "Suggestions", "Cartel Market Suggestions", "Bug Reports" and "Off Topic Discussion" so idk where you get game discussion from o,o)

It's called 'General Discussion'...

I have a light-sided Jedi Knight/Sentinel toon, but on his name tag it shows the dark-sided symbol? Why? D:

I have a light side Jedi Knight/Sentinel as well. The only thing I could find even remotely close to what you are describing was the class symbol above her name. And I'm guessing that's not what you mean. (I have "show class symbol" turned on in Preferences.)

Is there any way you could perhaps post a screen shot of what you are seeing? It might make it easier to figure out what's going on.

Edited by Trynitris

When you talk about the name tag, what UI element are you talking about? Your name next to your face and close to the hp and power meters? Or the one floating over your head? Or are you talking about the one on the character selection page? Edited by Dragondog

When you talk about the name tag, what UI element are you talking about? Your name next to your face and close to the hp and power meters? Or the one floating over your head? Or are you talking about the one on the character selection page?

The one above the head when you're actually running around doing stuff. And it definitely SHOULD be the light side symbol cause on my Consular/Shadow (who's even less light-sided than the Knight/Sentinel toon in question with the problem), it's the light sided Republic symbol so I don't understand why he's getting the dark side symbol at all o.o

I can find only two types of icons there. Class icons and Character Flair. The Class icon is above the name and Character Flair is to the right of the name. But neither of them look like the Imperial symbol. Though there is a selection icon too, above the class icon, for the character you are targeting. Edited by Dragondog

The one above the head when you're actually running around doing stuff. And it definitely SHOULD be the light side symbol cause on my Consular/Shadow (who's even less light-sided than the Knight/Sentinel toon in question with the problem), it's the light sided Republic symbol so I don't understand why he's getting the dark side symbol at all o.o

I think you might be talking about class icons.

Each class has a particular icon, indicating what class the character is (in your original post, that would be Sentinel). It doesn't have anything to do with light side or dark side. A light side Sentinel and a dark side Sentinel would each still have the same class icon.

Here is a link to a dulfy.net page that shows the different class icons:

http://dulfy.net/2012/03/17/class-icons-for-1-2/

Note: The Sentinel and Guardian icons are mixed up on that chart. The color for the Sentinel icon is red, but the design of the icon should be the design that is showing for Guardian.

Are those the symbols you are talking about, or is it something else?

EDIT: That link is from some time ago. I don't know if there is an updated version. You can do a search for SWTOR class icons if you want to try to find something more recent.

Edited by Trynitris