HM EC - Stormcaller and Firebrand

My guild has recently just downed HM Zorn and Toth for the first time and is working on Stormcaller and Firebrand now. The major thing holding us back right now is that the majority of the time, right before we enter the first defensive phase, a lightning spire will drop onto the Stormcaller tank usually where the DPS are standing. This is while the healer for Stormcaller is on the ground and within clear sight of both bosses. Is there any way to prevent this from happening (i.e. is there a mechanic we're missing) or is this inevitable and something we just have to deal with?

When we did story mode EC, we had a similar problem in that sometimes the lightning spire would drop INSIDE one of the shield generators, usually because the tank on Stormcaller failed to grab aggro sufficiently during that phase. Our problem now is that a lightning spire is dropping ON Stormcaller's DPS'ers BEFORE defensive phases, while the person on the ground is still alive and running around.

Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

General consensus on here is that this happens because Firebrand's health is lower and it's going into the next phase of the fight while Stormcaller is still on the current phase. Watch their health closer and make sure Stormcaller is the lower of the two (though not by much) and you should avoid this issue. Easiest way to do that is probably to have a ranged DPS on Firebrand start the fight by shooting Stormcaller for a bit.

If you drive the fight with Stormcaller's health and beat out the second Double Destruction before Defensive Systems, this will never happen.

What I do is have a ranged DPS sitting on Firebrand burn Stormcaller (so three DPS attacking him). Once he hits 20% health and the final defensive system is over, all DPS burn Firebrand (one RPDS needs to remain sitting on Stormcaller to take DD with the healer) until they catch up, then we balance out and finish them both off.

Edited by Aurojiin