So when we get to kill Satele Shan?

Lxkane

She falls into the god-mode style Mary Sue classification for the following reasons: DBZ style blasts of force energy, danced through a dozen sith like they were red-shirts, and (let's not forget) she blocked a lightsaber with her hand. Who does that? In my experience watching the movies... when hand meets lightsaber hand loses. The hand loses badly. This reeks of god-mode Mary Sue. I'm willing to listen to any points you might have to make, though.

It's been done before in the EU - Jedi with particular skill in energy absorption can absorb a lightsaber's energy and momentarily drain the blade.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Hmm... that would negate one of my three points (and admittedly one of the stronger ones). Got a link I can check this out with?

I know it happens in I, Jedi, but I have no clue what the power is actually called. It's supposed to be a rare power, allowing Jedi to absorb energy and channel it into Force powers they otherwise don't have the strength for like big telekinetic tricks. It's used to absorb blaster fire and the like, but at one point in the book it's used to briefly drain and short out a lightsaber.

I know it happens in I, Jedi, but I have no clue what the power is actually called. It's supposed to be a rare power, allowing Jedi to absorb energy and channel it into Force powers they otherwise don't have the strength for like big telekinetic tricks. It's used to absorb blaster fire and the like, but at one point in the book it's used to briefly drain and short out a lightsaber.

But that wasn't a swing Shan blocked. It was stab. A prolonged stab that Malgus focused his own energy into.

Edited by Lxkane

Um... are you actually saying that the CREATOR of the series is wrong? Because he does make the point very clear in his explanation of the Chosen One prophecy. In Lucas' eyes, the Sith were destroyed, and no new Sith Empire was ever going to emerge, because the story is over.

Also, the Light Side and the Jedi are two separate entities. The Jedi TEACHINGS are extremist, but a number of Grey Jedi were very devoted to the Light: Qui-Gon Jinn, Jolee Bindo, and Revan as examples (Jinn and Revan may have still been a part of the Order, but were considered grey because they made no efforts to hide their disagreements with the Jedi Council and even defied them if they believed the Council was wrong)

The Light Side of the Force represents purity and balance, and the Dark Side represents corruption and imbalance, that's just how George Lucas wrote it. If you have a problem with that, take it up with him.

Obviously some internet troll knows better than the author himself.

Thats common internet knowledge tsk tsk tsk

She falls into the god-mode style Mary Sue classification for the following reasons: DBZ style blasts of force energy, danced through a dozen sith like they were red-shirts, and (let's not forget) she blocked a lightsaber with her hand. Who does that? In my experience watching the movies... when hand meets lightsaber hand loses. The hand loses badly. This reeks of god-mode Mary Sue. I'm willing to listen to any points you might have to make, though.

I should also note that this is just my personal opinion. Don't think I'm trying to force it down your neck. I sometimes feel like I gotta point this out so nobody gets their frilly little pink panties in a knot reading my posts.

By that definition alone Superman, Deadpool and all other "super heroes" should be called Mary Sue/Gary Stu because they can to more then the "commun des mortel". I mean Yoda stopped LIGHTNING with his hands and redirected it back at Palpatine.

To be fair said Sith red shirts also danced trought alot of troopers with their glow stick.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shatterpoint That is the force power she used for the lightsaber block and as you see other Jedi Masters could do the same To name one Mace Windu.

Just because she is powerfull or that she can hold her own against Darth Malgus doesn't make her a mary sue. Does she have to be kidnapped and need to be rescued every darn 5 minutes for her not to be considered a mary sue?

these days people threw words around like mary sue/gary stu around without even knowing their proper definitions.

did you just say she held her own against Malgus? Malgus completely overpowers her both times we have seen them fight, and both times she was saved by another's intervention.

Malgus would wipe the floor with her, he is a bad *****.

did you just say she held her own against Malgus? Malgus completely overpowers her both times we have seen them fight, and both times she was saved by another's intervention.

Malgus would wipe the floor with her, he is a bad *****.

Yeah but she still fought him :p

Yeah but she still fought him :p

Shes a good jedi, dont get me wrong. Very skilled in the force and a good acrobatic fighter, but if you watch the trailers it seriously looks like Malgus is easily besting her in their duels, especially in the Return trailer where he rocks her and is about to kill her when her master tosses his light saber over to save her.

Even after that she tries to jump at Malgus' master and once again gets thrown away by a lightning blast, i dont think shes anywhere near the level of Malgus.

Ever since I saw that cinematic "Hope" with her blocking a lightsaber with her hand I've wanted my character (sith warrior) to put her head on spit.

Cool story brah!

SPOILER]And since we empire players are forced to kill Malgus in False Emperor. If given the option any half sane empire player would choose to help Malgus not kill him.

Ya, because falling down a chasm with a quarter of his health left leaves absolutely no leeway to bring him back. None.

Zilch.

You really don't know these things work, do you?

Edited by Callabhan

But that wasn't a swing Shan blocked. It was stab. A prolonged stab that Malgus focused his own energy into.

The established example from the book, the first instance to my knowledge of anyone doing this (and long before this game), was a man stabbed through the heart with a lightsaber using his final moments of life to drain the energy out of his killer's lightsaber and then kill him by telekinetically crushing him and flinging him into a wall.

More to the point, it's a completely separate ability from that Shatterpoint nonsense - it's simple energy drain, and it can briefly disable a lightsaber. Kieran Halcyon, Corran Horn, and Darth Vader are all noted in the book as skilled at energy absorption, and it was Kieran Halcyon that used it to take down his own killer before he died.

Edited by Cythereal

You don't understand the theme of balance in Star Wars. The Light Side of the Force is balance. The Dark Side is a parasitic imbalance, a cancer. I'm not making that up. That's Lucas. As for the outcome of the game, well, not to spoil the movies for you, but

the Sith lose.

This guy says it all.As a sith its your destiny to lose in the end anyways.Yeah you get to take over the galaxy and kick *** every now and then but in the end you get boned.

This guy says it all.As a sith its your destiny to lose in the end anyways.Yeah you get to take over the galaxy and kick *** every now and then but in the end you get boned.

Nah, it's all part of the grand plan and marely a deception.

By that definition alone Superman, Deadpool and all other "super heroes" should be called Mary Sue/Gary Stu because they can to more then the "commun des mortel". I mean Yoda stopped LIGHTNING with his hands and redirected it back at Palpatine.

To be fair said Sith red shirts also danced trought alot of troopers with their glow stick.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shatterpoint That is the force power she used for the lightsaber block and as you see other Jedi Masters could do the same To name one Mace Windu.

1: Superman and Deadpool actually do meet that criteria even in a setting where superpowers are commonplace.

2: Well that's Yoda. I'll allow it with him.

3: Those unnamed sith danced through a bunch of force insensitives... in most cases that's what force users do (With the occaisonal exceptionally hardcore mundane standing toe to toe with 'em).

4: Good lord the woman has shatterpoint too?! >.<

1: Superman and Deadpool actually do meet that criteria even in a setting where superpowers are commonplace.

2: Well that's Yoda. I'll allow it with him.

3: Those unnamed sith danced through a bunch of force insensitives... in most cases that's what force users do (With the occaisonal exceptionally hardcore mundane standing toe to toe with 'em).

4: Good lord the woman has shatterpoint too?! >.<

She is likely the only thing keeping people playing Republic, we better just let her have everything! :D

You dont kill revan at the end he dissapears revan was the most powerful jedi in history.

Where do you get that from?

Because you played him in a game and you think he was ******??

Revan had knowledge of both light and dark, and was very powerful booth as jedi and sith, but most powerful jedi?? no

actualy she did not use shatterpoint. She used absorb energy much like Darth Vader did when he blocked a blaster bolt with his hand and Corran Horn did when he abosorbed energy from a thermal pool about to erupt to save other aprentices with telekinesis and used his own lightsaber to abosorb the energy to crush a yuazhon vong with telekinessis on another occasion.