How do I send things to my character on light side?

Kboogle

Once you unlock your 'legacy' (finish Chapter 1 on one character, around level 30), you can send items between your characters on different factions.

I found that I had to log in on each character and bring up the Legacy panel before they would show up as assignable in Legacy and let me send items around. Not sure if that's a bug or what.

He didn't mean that YOU would abuse it, its just easily abused in general. Getting pub side items on the GTN (schematics and the like) for dirt cheap, then sending them over to the pub side to resell for absurd amounts is just one of the ways. It's not even viable so it's a waste of time, but stuff like that nobody really wants to wait till 30 to go and do it.

And technically, you'll be around 35ish before you finish Act 1 depending on how many of the quests you do in each previous world. I just finished act 1 on my assassin at lvl 36, and only did maybe 15 quests on Alderaan and decided to go get it over with then come back, so I'd really be around 38-39 before it was 'time'

There is no rush to get through it, just enjoy the story and sadly you can't send items to the other side. With 1.2 and the 'legacy items' are the only things you'd be able to send over to another side, as its 'bound by legacy' so any character on your legacy family tree will be able to use it.

He didn't mean that YOU would abuse it, its just easily abused in general. Getting pub side items on the GTN (schematics and the like) for dirt cheap, then sending them over to the pub side to resell for absurd amounts is just one of the ways. It's not even viable so it's a waste of time, but stuff like that nobody really wants to wait till 30 to go and do it.

And technically, you'll be around 35ish before you finish Act 1 depending on how many of the quests you do in each previous world. I just finished act 1 on my assassin at lvl 36, and only did maybe 15 quests on Alderaan and decided to go get it over with then come back, so I'd really be around 38-39 before it was 'time'

There is no rush to get through it, just enjoy the story and sadly you can't send items to the other side. With 1.2 and the 'legacy items' are the only things you'd be able to send over to another side, as its 'bound by legacy' so any character on your legacy family tree will be able to use it.

Actually mate I've just finished my Inquistor act 1 story yesterday and reached legacy had some normal everyday items such as rifle and heavy armour for my new trooper in the same legacy and sent it over via mail and my trooper got them fine. I also sent like 70k in credits for my trooper to start out with. So even with legacy items in play you can still send normal items across your legacy as well.

sadly you can't send items to the other side. With 1.2 and the 'legacy items' are the only things you'd be able to send over to another side, as its 'bound by legacy' so any character on your legacy family tree will be able to use it.

You can send any item to any of your characters as long as it's not 'bound' (regular 'bound'. 'bound to legacy' is basically bound to account so those can be sent)

You can send any item to any of your characters as long as it's not 'bound' (regular 'bound'. 'bound to legacy' is basically bound to account so those can be sent)

^ this..

Legacy doesn't matter, I have sent items from a Republic to Imperial on a server where one character is lvl 19 and the other was lvl 1.

^ this..

Legacy doesn't matter, I have sent items from a Republic to Imperial on a server where one character is lvl 19 and the other was lvl 1.

How? Everyone else says you need to have your characters in Legacy to do that... and when I try otherwise it says you cannot send mail to characters on the opposite faction...

How? Everyone else says you need to have your characters in Legacy to do that... and when I try otherwise it says you cannot send mail to characters on the opposite faction...

The ones you are trying to send mail to, have you logged them in since the update?

• 2 years later...