Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iheaca
07.16.2018 , 10:58 AM | #6131
It looks like the end of the incoming chapter of my fiction fits quite well.... POV is Arcann but the story is Nyx's.

Spoiler

Edit: Reworked it a bit...
The Leviathan - Nyx-Nocturna, Ihrae, Del'Ihrae, Shanti-Adamanta, Ainlanna
From Ashes We Will Rise - fanfiction (Chapter 11 available)

Lord_Thorne
07.17.2018 , 09:53 AM | #6132
A little delayed, but you get what you pay for, ha! Actually, it took some extra time to figure out how to formulate this.

Story prompt: Set the Standards

Spoiler
Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
(If this game has taught me anything, it's the incredible immaturity, bitterness, and selfishness of a sadly large segment of the MMO and Star Wars communities.)

Lunafox
07.17.2018 , 06:22 PM | #6133
@Frauzet

As always I enjoyed seeing Thorns and Ciner in action. I like that you always have something that most people wouldn't think of, like what side to stand on to avoid getting decapitated by a Sith lord when you're following him. I'm glad Thorns asked 'why' In a way, it'll be sad if they part company, they make a good team. I look forward to seeing what will happen with Baras.

Lady_Thorne
07.20.2018 , 02:23 PM | #6134
Hi, all. Just dipping my toe into the water here. I intended to cover more of what happened "Then" in the piece below, but it ended up as mere allusion to Then. Sorry this seems longer than many pieces; I have this grand epic about the whole family and various associates, and I write bits and pieces in fits and starts. I started reading Lord_Thorne's recent posts, and decided to turn my hand to it as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hidden Talents / Look Behind You (-ish)
Lt. Maioni Savage - Vanguard/Trooper

Spoiler

bright_ephemera
07.20.2018 , 06:57 PM | #6135
Whirlwind round of comments!

@drug_cartel Ahh, Pansey's problem-solving with the novel Willsaam solution - I love it.

@frauzet Thorns sass. I love that he's alert, he has a full appreciation of the gravity of his situation, and he still wonders about sugared nerfs.

@Iheaca "Getting closer to a former enemy bore unpleasant consequences, it was making everything more personal, too personal perhaps." *winces* Yeah...he had to ask, but man is it an unpleasant question.

@Lord_Thorne !! Photin!! I liked the almost tunnel vision of this sequence - very few elements outside the awareness of body and body.

@Lady_Thorne Quite the breakdown! I like (in a "what a shame" way) the...distinction...of being a Cathar singleton. A piece of worldbuilding beyond what the game handed us.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

frauzet
Yesterday , 05:17 AM | #6136
Hiho,

just a short break from gardening to copy the new prompt from Tumblr.
It's great to see so many people share their stories here again. <3 to all of you.
Thank you to Luna and bright for your kind comments. <3

Week of July 20, 2018

Once in a Lifetime: Some things only come around once. A show, a natural phenomena, an opportunity. Grab it, enjoy it, experience it while it’s here or available, because your character won’t ever have another chance. What is a once-in-a-lifetime event for your character? Are they able to take advantage of, appreciate, or participate in it? What happens afterwards?

This week’s prompt not for you? Look for something more to your taste in the Prompt Archive. Consider all the prompts active and waiting to inspire you.

This week’s featured previous prompts are:

First Impressions - Our characters meet tons of people on their journeys. What are their first impressions of each other like? Are they accurate, or did someone put up a front? Write about it!

Failure - Our characters have flaws. They have bad days. They do it wrong. And sometimes they don’t win. What failures have your characters experienced? What, if anything, did they learn from it?
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order