Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So TOXIC In Ranked Warzone Devs Need To Look Into This

JediMasterAlex
08.22.2019 , 07:22 AM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Maybe one day Iíll see some positive threads that say the toxicity has gone and people will all agree in the thread.
Trixxie, this is that thread lol.

Read through the thread again and read the posts made by all the actual ranked players. We are virtually all saying toxicity isn't a real problem in ranked. The only people saying that it is are people that don't actually play ranked. It's pretty simple. The only way you will ever know whether ranked is "toxic" is either playing it yourself or listening to those of us that do play it. But I guess you'd rather just believe what makes sense in your own head and other nonsense spouted by people that also don't play ranked.

I've already addressed everything else in your post. There's nothing selfish about wanting to protect everyone's free expression from capricious regulation by Bioware, especially when "toxicity" isn't even a problem in the first place.

Flamenfrom
08.22.2019 , 07:31 AM | #182
Quote:
The problem as I see it is peopleís definition of toxic. Whatís toxic to one person is not toxic to others. And itís a losing argument and I think this is losing players from ranked and making toxicity worse because if one person thinks something is toxic and stops playing and some one else thinks it not and keeps playing, then you end up with only people playing who are more toxic to some people or people willing to put up with it.

As that tolerance to toxicity increases or more people leave due to toxicity, that line in the sand of whatís toxic and whatís not goes up higher and higher. Which drives more players from the game. Eventually you will end up with only toxic players or those willing to put up with it or ranked dies completely because not enough people will play it,
People who stop queing for ranked because of toxicity are not suited for ranked play anyway, on the other hand people who stop playing because of throwing,wintrading and noobs who are getting globalled 24/7 have a legit reason to stop.

Quote:
This is something that has been happening for years and years. But now we have the problem where the gameís population is dying, which is a seperate issue, but is also exacerbated by cheaters, toxicity and bad Bioware decisions that make less people play ranked. Which in turns ruins the queue and the ELO matchmaking system.
It's not the 'toxicity' in ranked that is driving the game to ruin, it is bioware unability to caught and punish cheaters,wintraders,thrower and make acces to ranked pvp little more exclusive.It's not the players who are at fault for swtor's poor health.

Quote:
Honestly, I donít really care what line people think is toxic and whatís not. What I care about is the health of the game and I would hope the rest of the players would too.
If you care about the health of the game look no further then to bioware's failure to provide a new content and balance (pvp and pve) on regular basis and stop blaming it on 'toxicity'

JediMasterAlex
08.22.2019 , 08:22 AM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by Flamenfrom View Post
If you care about the health of the game look no further then to bioware's failure to provide a new content and balance (pvp and pve) on regular basis and stop blaming it on 'toxicity'
Precisely.

Floplag
08.22.2019 , 08:28 AM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post

Read through the thread again and read the posts made by all the actual ranked players. We are virtually all saying toxicity isn't a real problem in ranked. The only people saying that it is are people that don't actually play ranked.
Denial, not just a river in egypt, lol
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

JediMasterAlex
08.22.2019 , 08:38 AM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
I really wish I could imagine being ignorant enough to make factual claims about something I know nothing about.

Even with the truth staring you in the face, you still cling to lies just to make yourself feel better about your obvious lack of success in ranked (which, let's be honest, is the same psychology of everyone complaining about "toxicity" in ranked).

Rion_Starkiller
08.22.2019 , 09:40 AM | #186
You must have a really low "toxicity threshold," I think. Because it is mostly silent in solos. Silence is both deafening and toxic, apparently
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(÷,,,,÷)(\/) ¶̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Floplag
08.22.2019 , 09:48 AM | #187
I really wish I could imagine being ignorant enough to make factual claims about something I know nothing about.

Even with the truth staring you in the face, you still cling to lies just to make yourself feel better about your obvious lack of success in ranked (which, let's be honest, is the same psychology of everyone complaining about "toxicity" in ranked).
I wish i could be arrogant enough to make assumptions about what other people know or dont know to suit my own beliefs.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

JediMasterAlex
08.22.2019 , 10:18 AM | #188
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
You must have a really low "toxicity threshold," I think. Because it is mostly silent in solos. Silence is both deafening and toxic, apparently
Exactly. Just people calling strats and playing the game. "Toxicity" is very much the exception.

I wish i could be arrogant enough to make assumptions about what other people know or dont know to suit my own beliefs.
You literally admit that you don't play solo ranked. There are no assumptions needed.

TrixxieTriss
08.22.2019 , 10:24 AM | #189
Trixxie, this is that thread lol.

Read through the thread again and read the posts made by all the actual ranked players. We are virtually all saying toxicity isn't a real problem in ranked. The only people saying that it is are people that don't actually play ranked. It's pretty simple. The only way you will ever know whether ranked is "toxic" is either playing it yourself or listening to those of us that do play it. But I guess you'd rather just believe what makes sense in your own head and other nonsense spouted by people that also don't play ranked.

I've already addressed everything else in your post. There's nothing selfish about wanting to protect everyone's free expression from capricious regulation by Bioware, especially when "toxicity" isn't even a problem in the first place.
The last time I played was 2 months ago. And after seeing 2 people abusing nearly everyone in the queue or degrading them in front of others, I decided I would not be part of that anymore as no one would say anything to them because they were too worried about being the target of their abuse. I was the only one who stood up to those two bullies and asked them politely to stop. Of course when I did, I became the focus of their toxicity, which was reported and nothing done about it.

My experiences have told me that not everyone is toxic, but many people are enablers of It because they stay quiet. That is not the sort of community that I want to be part of and Iím sure Iím not the only one who feels that way.
Your definition of whatís acceptable and what I think is acceptable is obviously very different. I wish you would accept and understand that when you push people who have different values to you out of the game, you arenít doing yourself any favours either.

Rion_Starkiller
08.22.2019 , 10:37 AM | #190
There are definitely jerkfaces out there Trixxie, but I don't understand why we're singling out ranked when it is so much improved in regards to toxicity (my experience) than it used to be.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(÷,,,,÷)(\/) ¶̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?