Developer Update: Bomber Class Starfighter

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like they have not seen any fundamental change from closed beta, which means they're about to ruin GSF again.

I think you're jumping to conclusions. Yes, the bombers in beta were monstrous killing-machines, but they specifically pulled them from the subscriber launch to revamp.

It is BW......but I can't see them not nerfing.

I think you're jumping to conclusions. Yes, the bombers in beta were monstrous killing-machines, but they specifically pulled them from the subscriber launch to revamp.

It is BW......but I can't see them not nerfing.

Monstrous is an understatement...They completely broke the entire game lol.

Unless these drones have 50% accuracy, half the rapid fire laser's damage and fire rate of the regular laser cannon, they are really... making me angry.

Same goes to mines, if the strongest of them will make stronger explosion than a single rocket from rocket pods, or maybe a cluster missiles, they are making me angry.

How much will they cost in Cartel Coins?

Hazarding a guess that a ship with auto defences, high shields, missiles and unbalanced in beta with no clear changes come live is going to be a way for BW to make money rather than cause its going to make GSF fun.

Looks like they have not seen any fundamental change from closed beta, which means they're about to ruin GSF again.

90% of the time any nerf that happens in an MMO consists of reducing the stats of an ability, not removing entire mechanics altogether - I'm taking a 'wait and see' approach to what the final product looks like in play.

I know that admitting to have made a mistake is hard, but please... PLEASEEE!!!! :mad::mad:

When will you stop with this GS nonsense and come back to the game? :(

Again... PLEASE!!! :mad:

Judging from the queue times on my server at least, there was no mistake. Many people, myself included, greatly enjoy this "nonsense." You can pretend that we don't if it makes you feel better, but all you're doing is pretending.

Judging from the queue times on my server at least, there was no mistake. Many people, myself included, greatly enjoy this "nonsense." You can pretend that we don't if it makes you feel better, but all you're doing is pretending.

Or it's taking forever for people to queue up and fill a group.

Or it's taking forever for people to queue up and fill a group.

No, I mean the fast queue times. I barely ever have to wait more than a minute in the queue before it pops. In other words, GSF is actually quite popular, at least on my server.

Is anyone even playing this ****? I don't know anyone who did anything other than try it once and never bother again. lets have some ground game updates please.

I love them... now you know at least one that loves the space game.

Oh and the ques usually pop in a minute... less during peak hours.

That doesn't mean that there are just a few people playing.

No, I mean the fast queue times. I barely ever have to wait more than a minute in the queue before it pops. In other words, GSF is actually quite popular, at least on my server.

Yeah, I think the only servers it is less popular on are the PvP servers.

Seems to be some sort of link between liking the ground PvP game and disliking the space PvP game.

One is gear based, the other is skill based... hmm... what could that link be... I wonder...

Yeah, I think the only servers it is less popular on are the PvP servers.

Seems to be some sort of link between liking the ground PvP game and disliking the space PvP game.

One is gear based, the other is skill based... hmm... what could that link be... I wonder...

I don't think I've ever had to wait more than 5 min for a queue pop on POT5, although I admit I'll usually only play between 3-5 GSF matches a day, so my experience may not be that representative overall. I think the biggest factor on PVP servers is that right now queuing for one locks you out of queuing for the other.

Disparage ground PVP all you want, but a lot of people are on PVP servers because that's an aspect of the game they enjoy - if getting involved in that aspect locks them out of GSF, then of course the GSF queues are going to be longer.

Eric says that 2.6 is going to allow us to queue for both at the same time, so I think we'll see queue times on PVP servers shorten pretty significantly once that happens.

Edited by DarthDymond

I'm afraid of the same thing. The numbers were unbalanced in testing, which didn't help, but the main problem is that getting hit with passive, non-skill based damage was not fun. It takes skill to aim and shoot someone with blasters, and it takes more skill to lock onto someone with a missile, with a lot of opportunities to escape. Dropping mines/drones takes no skill, and is way too easy. With some adjustments (that they hopefully made) experienced players will be able to work around them, but they are especially punishing to new players, as the result is often just blowing up for no discernable reason.

Right now GSF is amazingly fun, and I just hope they don't ruin it with this.

I don't think I've ever had to wait more than 5 min for a queue pop on POT5, although I admit I'll usually only play between 3-5 GSF matches a day, so my experience may not be that representative overall.

Queues for the Imperial side are never that long, but after primetime there aren't enough Republic players to pop the queue very often. Imperial players end up fighting each other 4/5 matches in the off hours, which isn't a bad thing, as it means the teams change a lot instead of having the same core people roll everyone over and over. I do wish the matchmaker would make more of an effort to wait for 12v12 though, the current maps aren't balanced for 8v8 very well.

Edited by XavinNydek

I have to agree with the above poster, the notion of a class of ship that doesn't require some sort of skill to do damage is not a very good one. More importantly, those auto turrets and mines are going to be disproportionately dangerous to scouts. We already get one shotted by some gunships and don't dogfight very well against heavy scouts/strikers. Bombers might just put us out of business for good, especially if they have a strong shield/armor since it means we won't have the firepower needed to chew them up before their turrets chew us up.