Fast Dark Side points at 50?

DankNuggs

Hi there, I'm Dark Rank IV and am trying to buy the Dark speeder which is Dark V but I still need 2700 dark points to get up to rank V.

What I'm wondering is if there is a way to quickly farm dark side points. I assume I could just do the repeatable Heroic or Flashpoints quests, but is there one which is faster or gives you more dark points?

Thanks

I think you can do BT normal, and get about 200 DS points each time. Not fast, but it works...

Do not try this. My brother ran BT the other day, trying to get one of the pieces of gear for his companion. He was lvl 50, dark V, selected the negative alignment options as usual and upon completing the FP GAINED 500 lightside points, which dropped him back down to Dark IV. So, not only does BW prevent you from farming lowb fps for alignment, but apparently they will punish you severely for even trying.

Do not try this. My brother ran BT the other day, trying to get one of the pieces of gear for his companion. He was lvl 50, dark V, selected the negative alignment options as usual and upon completing the FP GAINED 500 lightside points, which dropped him back down to Dark IV. So, not only does BW prevent you from farming lowb fps for alignment, but apparently they will punish you severely for even trying.

That can't be right, I raised my Dark Side points this way and I got 200 Dark Side points everytime I finished it. Each run took about 5-10 munites if you spacebar you way to the end.

There's no need to do the Bonus quests. From start to finish just run to each boss and it'll be quick.

I can also confirm that normal BT gives 200 dark side points per run. I must've done it about 6 or 7 times. Got it down to 9 minutes flat.

There's also a good guide on torhead that tells you which conversation options to pick to get Khem's affection up.

Well, I just ran BT normal as a level 50 Dark III and received 200 DS points as well as 350 Kaliyo affection, so I don't really know what happened to my brother. He says he was capped at 10,000 DS points when he ran it and gained 500 LS points dropping him to Dark IV and then when he ran it again he chose the lightside options, hoping it would give him his 500 DS points back and instead got an additional 500 LS points... must be a bug.

Quicker way if you need lots of dark side points is get to the bridge choose dark side (i.e. kill captain) exit reset repeat then on last run finish you get all the dark side points for each time you killed the captain + the dark side from killing the general at the end but you dont get your points until you have finished the whole flashpoint.

Thats how I did dark IV to V at 50 as we dont seem to have enough dark side points to max dark side by 50 unless you do every side quest possible.

Quicker way if you need lots of dark side points is get to the bridge choose dark side (i.e. kill captain) exit reset repeat then on last run finish you get all the dark side points for each time you killed the captain + the dark side from killing the general at the end but you dont get your points until you have finished the whole flashpoint.

Thats how I did dark IV to V at 50 as we dont seem to have enough dark side points to max dark side by 50 unless you do every side quest possible.

Smooth.

I did the Slave-killers trick on a char.

Cheapened the whole mechanic.

Fastest way? Black Talon After level 25 (I know the OP said 50 but I figure the method is good for anyone who is trying to do it)

note:

You can solo it after 20, better at 25.

You can gain UPTO 455 affection on your PRIMARY companion (that means your first one only which apply to Kaliyo, Khem, Vett, and Mako only)

You can gain 200 light/dark per run.

you will NOT gain any social point per run unless you are doing due BUT you will lose affection divided by 2 (I test this out with my wife)

So how to do it?

Dark side - need a vehicle

After talking to the robot, go to the first guy and do your choices. Attack, kill, then hop on the vehicle and ride pass everything (thus skipping the bonus series) until you reach the captain. If you navigate correctly, you can usually make it with very little kills.

choose kill the captain (100 dark) and do the rest (whatever to gain affection)

get on vehicle and ride down to the elevator

kill the giant robot (and the two side adds which will be easy for 25+) and ride back up.

Talk, get on vehicle and go to the brental starr

YOU WILL have to fight the first fight (can't skip it) and kill them BUT after kill 3 mobs, you can ride to the sergeant. YOU WILL HAVE to fight him (he will aggro you) and kill him. you can actually skip the the two robots easily.

go down and skip all until you meet the padawan. Fight her and ride pass everything else to get to the general and kill him (100 dark)

ride all the way back to the bridge and finish. It should take less than 10 minutes (I did it with a BH around 9 minutes)

Light side

Same as above except you save the captain (100 light points)

you must fight the invading drop ship boss (the 4 mobs which I can't remember the name) and go back to the bridge

board the brental starr and do exactly as above except in the end SAVE the general (100 light) and done (I did this run to get Mako to 10k easy)

Neutral. you can combo it with kill the captain and save the general (0 points since they cancel each other out) or save the captain and kill the general.

Note: certain choices to max gain affection you have to pick certain path. Killing the captain, general and correct conversation for khem is all dark. Mako is all light base. I haven't done for Kaliyo but Vette is light base also.

Has anyone done it this way recently?

I've got about 800 DS points to go til Dark V that I've been putting off for way too long. I'd prefer just repeating the first part as described above, but haven't tried this yet....

Last I checked you don't actually get the darkside points until you complete the mission they came from, in this case the flashpoint itself. They show up on your screen, but you don't actually get them (your darkside meter won't actually move, you gain no titles or such) until you complete the flashpoint mission in it's entirety.

Last I checked you don't actually get the darkside points until you complete the mission they came from, in this case the flashpoint itself. They show up on your screen, but you don't actually get them (your darkside meter won't actually move, you gain no titles or such) until you complete the flashpoint mission in it's entirety.

Indeed, works the same for affection points.

• 3 years later...