Assylum bug?

gottaloveme

I had killed Scion Helak or Halek when Valkorian's ghost shows up offering help. I declined and suddenly Halek was full strength and I'm without Senya's help. Is this a bug? My rifle and armour are all around 200+ and he is still handing me my butt.

I have tried googling this but no luck. Any help would be appreciated.:o

This is on Asylum meeting Senya's friends

Edited by gottaloveme

:cool: Thank you @jediquaker.

Now do you have any actual tips to defeat this guy? Am I supposed to fight him without Senya?:eek:

Hit him repeatedly until he falls over, and make sure you do it faster than he does it to you.

I know that's not the most helpful response ever, but it's the best I can offer without knowing:

* Your class

* Your discipline

* Your level

* Your "Item Rating" from the top-left of your character panel ("C")

You mention a rifle. Four classes can use rifles:

* Sniper (Agent)

* Operative (Agent)

* Vanguard (Trooper)

* Commando (Trooper) (Should use the HBG instead of a rifle.)

ok. Thanks Steve. My trooper is vanguard; plasmatech; level 70; with item rating 200. She should be able to do this, but.....:t_rolleyes:

ps as returning player i now have shae with me. is it worth giving her the points or influence rather than the usual companions?

Edited by gottaloveme

ok. Thanks Steve. My trooper is vanguard; plasmatech; level 70; with item rating 200. She should be able to do this, but.....:t_rolleyes:

ps as returning player i now have shae with me. is it worth giving her the points or influence rather than the usual companions?

I believe that 200 should be sufficient, provided that you have the *right* 200-rated set. In particular, KotFE is meant for characters who start it at level 60 (either by being a start-at-60 or by levelling up a start-at-1 and jumping in at level 60), and historically, 200 was a reasonable item rating at that point.

But at level 70, you can trivially wear 228-purple (which shouldn't be grossly expensive on the GTN), and you'll eventually start getting worthwhile 230-purples from your level 70 command crates.

Hop to the fleet and get yourself a gear upgrade as the first priority, and include relics, implants, and an earpiece in your purchases. Note that at a particular tier number (the "25" in "Lethal Mod 25"), the rating will be higher on blue than on green, and higher still on purple. Do not buy "tank" gear, though. Anything with Defense, Shield and/or Absorb is meant for tanks, and those stats won't help your Plasmatech Vanguard *at*all*. In fact, they will *hinder* you because they add nothing and take away what you could have had. If you're using moddable gear, buy Lethal Mods, Versatile Barrels and Armorings, and Quick Savant/Initiative/Adept enhancements.

Shae is supposed to be slightly better as a DPS than some of the other companions are in DPS mode, but the difference is small, but don't forget that you aren't required to focus on just one (and if you like to craft or gather materials from crew skill missions, it's better to train up the influence of at least nine different companions anyway.

thanks Steve. :) Worked like a charm. Got the goods and ended up also resetting the mission. it was a little different so maybe there was a glitch too. :p At any rate, we are moving her along.

Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know you've been able to beat it.(1) Good luck for the rest of the story!

(1) You'd be surprised how many people get advice and go away and never come back, so we have no idea whether they succeeded and were just rude, or they still couldn't get it and deleted the game, or something else.