Crafting +10 crit mods are not working.

Banthabreeder

I have managed to get the complete set of 9 x (+10 crit Synthweaving amplifier mods) and after crafting a total of 6 Advanced Critical Augment 74 on a companion that has maxed their Influence level to 50, along with Legacy perks/upgrades, I have exactly 6 Advanced Critical Augment 74.

On another character, same stats, 9 x (+10 crit Armormech) crafted 5 Advanced Alacrity Augment 74 and received exactly 5 in return.

6.0 crafting is broken.

Before 6.0, It would crit almost 1/3 the time. If I crafted 5, I would get either 6 or 7 in return.

Are you guys going to look into this or is it just going to be ignored and that's that?

UPDATE 2/29/2020

Well golly gee, I finally got a crit after making 3 more Advanced Critical Augment 74 in return, 4 were waiting for me in my inventory when I logged on.

So to date, after crafting 14 augments, I've received 15 in return. Will update next week when I get a few more Solid Matrix Resources from conquest rewards.

UPDATE 3/3/2020

Just crafted 6 more Advanced Critical Augment 74s and surprising enough, I got back 9. Not what I was expecting. Pleasantly happy. :o

To date I've crafted 20 augments and received 24 in return.

Edited by Banthabreeder

i have managed to get the complete set of 9 x (+10 crit synthweaving mods) and after crafting a total of 6 advanced critical augment 74 on a companion that has maxed their influence level to 50, along with legacy perks/upgrades, i have exactly 6 advanced critical augment 74.

On another character, same stats, 9 x (+10 crit armormech) crafted 5 advanced alacrity augment 74 and received exactly 5 in return.

6.0 crafting is broken.

Before 6.0, it would crit almost 1/3 the time. If i crafted 5, i would get either 6 or 7 in return.

Are you guys going to look into this or is it just going to be ignored and that's that?

thats that, I says!

Edited by Lhancelot

I have managed to get the complete set of 9 x (+10 crit Synthweaving mods) and after crafting a total of 6 Advanced Critical Augment 74 on a companion that has maxed their Influence level to 50, along with Legacy perks/upgrades, I have exactly 6 Advanced Critical Augment 74.

On another character, same stats, 9 x (+10 crit Armormech) crafted 5 Advanced Alacrity Augment 74 and received exactly 5 in return.

6.0 crafting is broken.

Before 6.0, It would crit almost 1/3 the time. If I crafted 5, I would get either 6 or 7 in return.

Wow that is some really bad RNG, but that doesn't prove the +10 Crit doesn't work. It's not +10%, it's just +10. We don't know how much it actually affects our critical chances. +90 points (if using all 9 at +10) could only be an additional +1% critical increase or less for all we know. Without knowing the math behind the critical % for crafting there is no way of actually knowing the truth if they are working or not.

Must be nice to not have to provide the numbers behind the math.

Right? I mean it’s not like we’ve been asking about those amplifiers for months now. But there are so many possibilities:

1). Critical chance could be capped or suffer from diminishing returns behind the scenes in ways we don’t know, such that +90 Critical Biochem does something noticeable for someone with a rank 1 influence comp but nothing for a rank 50 comp because it’s capped behind the scenes

2.). As someone else said, we don’t know exactly what the units are for +90. I think there are enough player reports to know it doesn’t work like the presence amplifier which is 1:1. Does it work in the same way as like 1% medtech, increasing critical chance by 90%? Or, is it divided by 100 and adds percentage points to a companion’s current critical chance? Or is it a modifier, increasing critical chance by some percentage, the way supercritical works?

There’s no clear communication to allow us to Test these amplifiers to see if they are actually working.

OP, I have full crafting sets of all six crafting skills and I don’t see any difference in critical outcomes, so clearly what I hoped +90 meant has no basis in reality. I am clearly delusional to expect that +90 critical biochem means anything other than increasing the critical chance by 0.90%.

Wow that is some really bad RNG, but that doesn't prove the +10 Crit doesn't work.[...]

the math doesn't matter.**... the do not work now, nor have they worked ever. period. it's been extensively tested over tens of thousands of runs. yes really*

* it takes 2,500 pieces to craft conquest by "inventor", and I've done it on a dozen+ toons, multiple weeks.... to literally no difference in crit rate.

** crew skill crit rate is amazingly stable, even over short runs. I suspect it uses some sort of normalization function

the math doesn't matter.**... the do not work now, nor have they worked ever. period. it's been extensively tested over tens of thousands of runs. yes really*

* it takes 2,500 pieces to craft conquest by "inventor", and I've done it on a dozen+ toons, multiple weeks.... to literally no difference in crit rate.

** crew skill crit rate is amazingly stable, even over short runs. I suspect it uses some sort of normalization function

How many crits did you get that you wouldn't have gotten? How many crits didn't you get that you think you should have? After the 2500 items are done, how many extra did you have? Lots of speculation, very little information here, and w/out that information, we don't know any more after this than we did before.

How many crits did you get that you wouldn't have gotten? How many crits didn't you get that you think you should have? After the 2500 items are done, how many extra did you have? Lots of speculation, very little information here, and w/out that information, we don't know any more after this than we did before.

^

Not to mention when your crafting the 2500 items for the Crafting inventor, also remember it is also counting the extra ones you get from a critical, so in reality your not actually crafting 2500 times, just getting 2500 items which includes the crits. Going off of the fact we usually crit about 30% of the time using rank 50 companions it's more likely we actually Craft just over 1800 items, and get about 600 extra's free from Crits that all count towards more crafting inventors for conq.

Edited by Toraak

Well, regardless of that, the vast majority of other amplifiers have quantifiable results.

1) You can equip/de-equip a piece of gear with a Repair Cost Amplifier and see the results.

2) You can use StarParse to see your damage output with or without 9% Force Sensitivity (7 armorings + MH/OH)

3) You can look at crew skill completion times and see a difference with or without [blank] Efficiency amplifiers.

4) You can see your companion's stats in the character sheet change when you equip or de-equip gear with Presence amps.

Obviously you're going to have a range of, say, dps parses, but you can do a paired t-test to determine if the results are significantly different with or without 9% Force Sensitivity amps. If the p-value is very low, then the results are unlikely to be the result of random chance and more likely to be attributable to the amplifiers, and if the average of the dps parses with the amplifier is 1.09x the average of the ones without, you pretty much confirm the results.

The trouble with the Critical [skill] amps is that we don't have any visual (tooltip or UI) indication/confirmation of how that amp is modifying the critical chance, so we have no prediction or expectation of what we might observe. Just like with Force Sensitivity amps, you would have to conduct a test run of several crafts with and without, say, a full suit of +90 Critical [skill] and do a paired t-test to see if the results are statistically different. If there was a statistically significant difference in results, you would then be able to compare # of crits in the group of runs wearing the suit with the # of crits in the group of runs not wearing the suit and then see if that comparison relates in any way with the number 90. For example, is that critical rate in the "suit" group 1.9x that of the non-suit group? 1.09x? Etc.

I can say that without having performed the aforementioned analysis, there is no sense of a huge difference in critical rate with or without the suit. If the effective critical rate without is usually around 25-30% as Toraak suggests (and I concur), then changing that effective critical rate to 27.25-32.7% is obviously not going to be noticeable. These intervals overlap too much and could be explained by random chance. I think you probably wouldn't really notice it in usual gameplay unless the critical chance was effectively increased to at least 35-45%, maybe even higher. That requires a multiple closer to 1.4 (instead of 1.09 in the prior example.)

I can say that from my perspective, as a player and a crafter, the amplifier bonus should be significant enough that I should notice the effects of wearing the suit.

Edited by phalczen

Well, regardless of that, the vast majority of other amplifiers have quantifiable results.

1) You can equip/de-equip a piece of gear with a Repair Cost Amplifier and see the results.

2) You can use StarParse to see your damage output with or without 9% Force Sensitivity (7 armorings + MH/OH)

3) You can look at crew skill completion times and see a difference with or without [blank] Efficiency amplifiers.

4) You can see your companion's stats in the character sheet change when you equip or de-equip gear with Presence amps.

Obviously you're going to have a range of, say, dps parses, but you can do a paired t-test to determine if the results are significantly different with or without 9% Force Sensitivity amps. If the p-value is very low, then the results are unlikely to be the result of random chance and more likely to be attributable to the amplifiers, and if the average of the dps parses with the amplifier is 1.09x the average of the ones without, you pretty much confirm the results.

The trouble with the Critical [skill] amps is that we don't have any visual (tooltip or UI) indication/confirmation of how that amp is modifying the critical chance, so we have no prediction or expectation of what we might observe. Just like with Force Sensitivity amps, you would have to conduct a test run of several crafts with and without, say, a full suit of +90 Critical [skill] and do a paired t-test to see if the results are statistically different. If there was a statistically significant difference in results, you would then be able to compare # of crits in the group of runs wearing the suit with the # of crits in the group of runs not wearing the suit and then see if that comparison relates in any way with the number 90. For example, is that critical rate in the "suit" group 1.9x that of the non-suit group? 1.09x? Etc.

I can say that without having performed the aforementioned analysis, there is no sense of a huge difference in critical rate with or without the suit. If the effective critical rate without is usually around 25-30% as Toraak suggests (and I concur), then changing that effective critical rate to 27.25-32.7% is obviously not going to be noticeable. These intervals overlap too much and could be explained by random chance. I think you probably wouldn't really notice it in usual gameplay unless the critical chance was effectively increased to at least 35-45%, maybe even higher. That requires a multiple closer to 1.4 (instead of 1.09 in the prior example.)

I can say that from my perspective, as a player and a crafter, the amplifier bonus should be significant enough that I should notice the effects of wearing the suit.

Which is all I was saying, we have no way to tell what it's actually doing, so saying "it doesn't work" isn't any more quantifiable than saying "it does work". Even with the example given in the previous post, we have no numbers other than "it takes 2500 to get conquest". That doesn't tell us anything, because it takes 2500 to get conquest, even w/out the amplifier being in game. We need:

How many you get, over the course of several crafting runs with, and without the amplifiers. How many it takes to make conquest is static, that's how many it's going to take no matter what. Stating that doesn't tell us anything. "I don't think I got what I should have gotten" doesn't tell us anything. Crits are RNG, are you having a good run with it? A bad run? Are you having a good run with it w/out the gear? All of this factors in, and claiming "it doesn't work" because one didn't get the results they thought they should have gotten is speculation, w/out something concrete to work from.

Right? I mean it’s not like we’ve been asking about those amplifiers for months now.

[snip]

There’s no clear communication to allow us to Test these amplifiers to see if they are actually working.

I suspect, considering it's BioWare, it's a broken as the luck stat used to be in Anthem. If you went over a certain percentage (100%) then it would reset itself.

Considering we've asked for further information in regards to crafting amplifiers and there has been absolutely no recognition nor further information supplied, I'm going to go with it's broken and isn't working as intended. Unless BioWare want to prove us otherwise? Because at this point we're correct and they're wrong, the amplifiers don't work properly, we don't even need to provide the mathematics to back it up, because they can't be bothered to either.

Edited by Transcendent

you question the testing environment? fair question

the environment is rather simple, alternating weeks with and without the ampliers, counts are done by materials used vs products achieved, which is easy to track because I start with a cap of 5kof each material so it's simple subtraction to see how many materials were used. I've done both rolling window checks, individual total comparison, and even cross character avverages. comparisons are made on equal bonuses.

variability is less than 1% between with and without amplifiers, for total averages, with no bias for or against.

TL;DR

+Critical Amps do absolutely nothing

all of which is easily testable for yourself... it's not even expensive... a stack of jawa junk and a few credits for flux to start. recyles the products to cut ongoing costs for repetitions.

ETA:

in case it wasn't clear, the number of crits I got that I wouldn't have is exactly zero with a non-biased variability of less than 1%

Edited by Void_Singer

you question the testing environment? fair question

the environment is rather simple, alternating weeks with and without the ampliers, counts are done by materials used vs products achieved, which is easy to track because I start with a cap of 5kof each material so it's simple subtraction to see how many materials were used. I've done both rolling window checks, individual total comparison, and even cross character avverages. comparisons are made on equal bonuses.

variability is less than 1% between with and without amplifiers, for total averages, with no bias for or against.

TL;DR

+Critical Amps do absolutely nothing

all of which is easily testable for yourself... it's not even expensive... a stack of jawa junk and a few credits for flux to start. recyles the products to cut ongoing costs for repetitions.

ETA:

in case it wasn't clear, the number of crits I got that I wouldn't have is exactly zero with a non-biased variability of less than 1%

Essentially stats shown are proven to not be in affect. :confused:

So, where else is this happening that people are unaware of?

I also am paranoid about "secret stats" or the opposite, which is stats shown in the game are actually not accurate and in reality the character's performance is less than what it ought to be mathematically speaking.

An example just to be more clear is this: On the character sheet it shows the mainhand blaster hits for 10k, but in reality it actually only hits for 8k. Obviously performance cannot be accurately calculated and the character sheet numbers are not in-line with what the stats actually are.

These kinds of discrepancies really make me distrustful of a game and it's development! If you can't trust the character sheet stats to be an honest representation of actual performance numbers, you can't trust anything, lol.

Edited by Lhancelot

Essentially stats shown are proven to not be in affect. :confused:

So, where else is this happening that people are unaware of?

I also am paranoid about "secret stats" or the opposite, which is stats shown in the game are actually not accurate and in reality the character's performance is less than what it ought to be mathematically speaking.

An example just to be more clear is this: On the character sheet it shows the mainhand blaster hits for 10k, but in reality it actually only hits for 8k. Obviously performance cannot be accurately calculated and the character sheet numbers are not in-line with what the stats actually are.

These kinds of discrepancies really make me distrustful of a game and it's development! If you can't trust the character sheet stats to be an honest representation of actual performance numbers, you can't trust anything, lol.

Fully agreed, and there's too much of this nonsense in 6.0

One of the popular Sage/Sorc armor sets tells us that if Resurgence is cast upon a target a second time that "some" energy is returned.

The Entertainer armor set tells us that teammates stats are "improved" when we enter combat, but nothing about how much.

At this point my level of trust in BW is hitting an all-time low.

Fully agreed, and there's too much of this nonsense in 6.0

One of the popular Sage/Sorc armor sets tells us that if Resurgence is cast upon a target a second time that "some" energy is returned.

The Entertainer armor set tells us that teammates stats are "improved" when we enter combat, but nothing about how much.

At this point my level of trust in BW is hitting an all-time low.

Quite a few of the new sets are rather ambiguous in their descriptors. It's like BioWare don't want players to know how awful those sets truly are.

Quite a few of the new sets are rather ambiguous in their descriptors. It's like BioWare don't want players to know how awful those sets truly are.

Based upon my personal (wretched) experience of the corporate environment, I strongly suspect that these decisions to which we object so strongly are being made at a very high level of management. Furthermore, I suspect that the individual devs, the line animals that do the real work, are just as bitterly unhappy about it as we are. Let us spare a moment of sympathy for those men and women, who must be hating this **** with a passion.

• 7 months later...
Because of this being broken is exactly why I'm not renewing my sub. No point when crafting naked gives better results than when wearing the gear I shelled out millions of credits to reroll only to find it has a negative effect. If this gets fixed I may renew. Yep sub runs out in 20 days.

mechanics = Broken vs (bad) RNG - doubt we will ever get a straight answer on either side, let alone anything comprehensive detailing of 'the system'

Is crafting in general in a bad spot? undeniably. Will it ever get 'fixed'? Maybe™... Soon™ - but i doubt anyone is holding their breath

My own experience is that it feels like only the current rank of crafting /crewskills is getting any real benefit from the relevant +# crit, though I discover that it vastly improves the success of reverse engineering G11 to get schematics.

Heaven knows that the +success is broken as hell when i50 comps still fail at grey missions, regardless of grade (but especially bad when its very low grade), even though that toon is wearing a full set of gold +success for that specific mission skill (vs the half rate generic +mission success).

The only consistent performers are the +efficiency (no RNG = working as intended)

Its also very annoying that they provide these 'wonderful' (on paper) +harvesting amps, yet they seem to only work on G11 nodes - all lower grades seem to have been intentionally left out of the bonus tables.

TBH, many discussions on this over the last several months all lean toward hating/ignoring the bulk of the QoL amps. Between the aimless drudgery and credit sinking of just getting them, most feel they are a waste of effort and resources. Do they have benefits? yes, sometimes, maybe™.

One thought that was generally liked was to away with the bulk of the QoL (specific vs generic skill success /efficiency, activity rewards (mission /PvP /FP /Ops, etc.) amps from the gearing system, instead putting it into the much asked for revolving legacy system so that all your toons benefit from them, regardless of who is wearing what when - would also make the +legacy rewards amps useful to those of us who have had max legacy for years, with zero benefit from any of the new legacy amps... you get the idea.

Because of this being broken is exactly why I'm not renewing my sub. No point when crafting naked gives better results than when wearing the gear I shelled out millions of credits to reroll only to find it has a negative effect. If this gets fixed I may renew. Yep sub runs out in 20 days.

Spending the time fixing the crafting system would have been better than introducing new augments

Spending the time fixing the crafting system would have been better than introducing new augments

Or fixing some other bugs. There are more than enough. I really don't understand what they spend their time on and/or how they prioritise their time. I'm wondering for example why they don't fix the bug that armor pieces you buy from the vendors other than Kai Zykken don't count for the achievements. This doesn't seem too complicated to correct. It's been a year...

But messing around with Conquest three times this year, that's relevant for them. I simply don't understand them.

amen to that!

Or fixing some other bugs. There are more than enough. I really don't understand what they spend their time on and/or how they prioritise their time. I'm wondering for example why they don't fix the bug that armor pieces you buy from the vendors other than Kai Zykken don't count for the achievements. This doesn't seem too complicated to correct. It's been a year...

But messing around with Conquest three times this year, that's relevant for them. I simply don't understand them.

Many never understood BW's compulsion to go back and meddle with old gear with every expansion or content release instead of focusing on bugs and actual improvements. Complete waste of resources on many levels.

Evolution, certainly.

Reinventing the wheel with every turn, hell no.

They come out with new tiers of gear because that motivates a lot of players...the proverbial carrot if you will.

I look at it this way: They spend resources where it matters to them for making more money. Since content is virtually free (no paid expansions), content is not in their focus. The Cartel Market is and adding the bare minimum to the game and "shaking things up" from time to time is enough to keep most people playing and paying.

That's why I always felt that there should be paid expansions because then they'd have to make content to make money and that is more effort for them.

There are bugs in game and systems that don't make a whole lot of sense, but in the end most people still play in spite of those. And that's the key. As long as we come back and spend money in the CM, they do not need to bring out more content or fix bugs because we accept them each time we log in.

And this works because the alternative is that the game dies and generally people here don't want that. It's a form of emotional blackmail if you will. But that's the reality of it I think. This game is still alive because people spend money at the CM, but I would much rather it was because they would spend it on more content and quality of the game.