how strong 55lvl jedi or sith compare with movie or noble hero?

chldbghd

This post contains spoilers of the Jedi Knight story.

Hero of Tython (and, I suppose, his Padawan) is up there with the greatest, as that person crippled the Emperor and his plans. Keep in mind the Emperor was/is one of the greatest powers in the galaxy that ever existed, and to even overcome the hold he had on their mind (both the Hero and Padawan) would automatically place him up there with Revan, and then surpass him by defeating him.

I have yet to do the Sith story, though.

Hero of Tython (and, I suppose, his Padawan) is up there with the greatest, as that person crippled the Emperor and his plans. Keep in mind the Emperor was/is one of the greatest powers in the galaxy that ever existed, and to even overcome the hold he had on their mind (both the Hero and Padawan) would automatically place him up there with Revan, and then surpass him by defeating him.

It wasn't the Emperor.

Jedi Consular,

The Consular at the beginning of chapter 3 finds out that someone close to her is actually the Son of The Emperor. She has to fight the children to get to the Son. After you defeat him then you will made a member of the council (this is also dependent on your alignment).

Nothing has been shown, written, or suggested that would imply they are in any way equal to the major force-using characters in the SW movies.

There just isn't yet sufficient evidence for (read "material about") the JK and JC to make any conclusions about their power in comparison to the movie characters.

Jedi Knight and Counselor story spoilers below

The JC seems reasonably strong considering what they achieved in lieu of being severely drained throughout their story, but the JK seems more powerful as they directly resisted the Emperor and killed his voice. Neither, however, beyond these achievements have displayed enough power that we can confirm as cannon to place them at the level of movie jedi who have greater backstory.

As for Noble Hero... I have no clue what you're referring to.

Yeah but, JK can't defeat Darth malgus with single hand.

Then, Malgus stronger than emperor?

Yeah but, JK can't defeat Darth malgus with single hand.

Then, Malgus stronger than emperor?

This is why we can't make any accurate judgements. Gameplay and story are so intertwined in this game that it hard to say what is and isn't cannon (who killed who, how, when, ect...) short of BW or Lucasarts/Disney coming out and giving a cannonized account of the lore in the game.

Malgus probably isn't more powerful because Vitiate has displayed superior power routinely, so how then do we explain the need for 4 heroes in the False Emperor flashpoint... This is the reason in-game (particularly player characters) have very ambiguous levels of power. We just don't know enough yet to make a solid judgment.

i think its entirely fair to compare the four TOR force users to movie characters. It's just difficult to rank them. Based SOLELY on the movies and not the expanded universe stuff it might be easier...

Hero of Tython and Barsen'thor are mentioned during the game to be extremely powerful individuals, both of which are mentioned to be the most powerful in decades if not generations (particularly barsen'thor). As is The warrior and inquisitor. particularly the inquisitor. Voice of the Emperor and the First Son were both incredibly powerful opponents.

I'd think the Old Republic and before produced more powerful Force Users, with the occasional prodigy appearing, like Anakin.

HoT could easily be ranked with Mace Windu and Obi Wan. Barsen'thor with Dooku possibly for power and in combat could rival Maul. Certainly neither are challenging Anakin/Vader or Yoda. the Darths would compare too. though i'm not as familiar with the Sith Storylines.

Edited by devilsgrin

Hmmm....

This may sound convoluted but my feeling is that our individual legacy story characters are "not" on par with what you see in the movies, but the canon class characters (as told through the class content and flashpoints and operations) clearly are on par (if not more power than some of the movie characters) and are part of the EU. (i.e. there was a Sith Inquisitor, etc. who accomplished X, Y & Z).

Your personalized character, and whatever unique storyline you may have crafted, is not necessarily of that level (that is really up to you and the story you are telling). The overall class story that you participate in? THAT aspect of the character is 55 would be able to go toe to toe with most of the movie characters.

Confused? ;)

- Arcada