Why I hate 70% of Sith Players

TriggerBlade

Mute means unable to speak. In my early days of role-playing on City of Heroes (may a chorus of mighty baritone angels sing her to eternal sleep), I rolled a sonic blaster who couldn't speak without unleashing a torrent of destruction. Fun on paper, most annoying RP ever for everyone involved.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mute means unable to speak. In my early days of role-playing on City of Heroes (may a chorus of mighty baritone angels sing her to eternal sleep), I rolled a sonic blaster who couldn't speak without unleashing a torrent of destruction. Fun on paper, most annoying RP ever for everyone involved.

See! I'm not the only one!

Mute character = Bad.

Mute character + slow and/or overly verbose typists = Spawn of satan.

I've been a fly on the wall but I've got to talk about the whole Sith act that was in the OP.

The post said that there's a problem with Sith that act over the top evil, abuse their positions as Sith and so on. Well I don't know what server he's on because it's actually a struggle to find those Sith on mine! I've only found one after six months! Playing an Imperial Spy, my character is very respectful of Sith, but all too often I come across those who don't even want to be referred to as 'Lord', let alone saluted to.

I've been a fly on the wall but I've got to talk about the whole Sith act that was in the OP.

The post said that there's a problem with Sith that act over the top evil, abuse their positions as Sith and so on. Well I don't know what server he's on because it's actually a struggle to find those Sith on mine! I've only found one after six months! Playing an Imperial Spy, my character is very respectful of Sith, but all too often I come across those who don't even want to be referred to as 'Lord', let alone saluted to.

Well, that's a natural result of this RP community trying to neuter Sith RP because they can't stand the idea that their Bounty Hunter or Imp Agent could get ragdolled around at will by a Force Sensitive.

It's simply a fact of the universe. When you have fellows that can MURDER YOU WITH THEIR MIND, they're going to... be pretty dangerous, and you should probably not stir the pot. But nooo. Because Jimmy the Bounty Hunter's player feels his character should be able to solo a Jedi/Sith one-on-one because he can do so in game mechanics. The natural result, of course, is RP that's as bland and uninteresting as fighting trash mobs out in the world.

It's a large part of why walk-up RP can be so bland at times. You're trying not to step on any oversensitive toes, and nobody wants to play the submissive/servile Imperial (which is what most ought to be). Personally, when I play my Imps, I get tons of bites from Sith precisely because I'm not disregarding their power level. And I have fun, they have fun. Then again, I'm not in RP to show how bad my character is, so perhaps there's that.

Edited by Whillwynn

Um no I havn't declared that all RP must conform to what I want. I havn't in anyway done that... My problem is that these people talk to me as if it's fact that Sith are evil psychopathic monsters that can do whatever the hell they want and the council can't do anything about it, which is simply not true. For the second part. I meant the way they acted. They raged at me like a immature 13 year old kid(Not all are like that, but most I've met) or they raged like a no life fanboy who rages at the slightest smallest thing they don't like.

This is what /ignore is for.

Seriously. Ignore, move on.

You're not going to change anyone. The best you can do is remove their stupidity from your sight.

Edited by DoctorJest

It's a large part of why walk-up RP can be so bland at times. You're trying not to step on any oversensitive toes, and nobody wants to play the submissive/servile Imperial (which is what most ought to be).

It doesn't have to be submissive or servile, just respectful of their title, position, and power. The problem is that for many people showing respect is the same as being submissive, because they're RPing for a power fantasy.

And similarly, a Sith can be respectful of the abilities of others without lowering themselves. Sith aren't independent monomaniacs, they are at the top of a society. For that society to function, there has to be an awareness of the value Imperial agents and Bounty Hunters and others offer, and while their position may be superior, they shouldn't just be instantly abusive to everyone.

Edited by DoctorJest

• 2 weeks later...

I know this post is kinda old but it brings up some good points. Note that I mainly come from RPing in EQ2 but we have the same problems.

1. This is a problem on a personal level. This has to do with the person playing the Sith character and not the alien. Meaning you can't control what other people do. Besides, they are not worth RPing with (the Sith) if their OOC person cannot separate the line between IC/OOC. It might be something in their stories, but I suggest anyone to find other venues to RP. If a person ignores you, it's their loss on a great RP experience.

3. Please see my comment in #1. But those people are also ones that enjoy god modding - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=god%20modding in theat what they see their character doing everyone should do. And not only is that wrong, that is just rude. You are in a game with different pele and backgrounds. Embrace that. There are some interesting stories.

For those reading this, if you even try to say OOC to kill off my character, I will flat out ignore you. You can whine and scream all you want, you are just an attention w---- and you know it. You aren't making the game any more fun, you are making it worse.

4. It's kinda sad reading this, as I have come across level 90s in EQ2 who still RP like a young soldier since level does not come into the RP equation for many. Another form I would gladly ignore.

I think that's what makes it hard for some people, and to me, I think many new RPers or those to MMOs think "I'm Imperial so I have to act evil etc" which is not true. You can just be Lawful Evil and spend time working the strings of politicians, and gain more respect than a whacko Sith lopping heads off people.

Communication is important in any RP situation. If one cannot separate IC/OOC or refuses to listen and stomps their foot for "my RP or no RP" then move on. It isn't worth the hassle or heartburn.

• 4 weeks later...