Weapon Enhancing Troubles

Richheartv

As a Sith Inquisitor, I looked into the Crew Skills of Artifice, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting. I have been using Artifice to improve my light-sabers, however I have only been able to successfully customize one , the double-bladed light-saber given to me upon becoming an Assassin. Every other light-saber, even when I know for sure it is customizable, opens in a window where it shows overlapping text that I can not read and a blank screen. I have tried with multiple light-sabers and it has never worked. Since then, I have only been able to enhance my cloaks. If any one has suggestions or possible fixes, they would be greatly appreciated.

you can only enhance items with the slots available for mods, armoring, enhancements and augments also barrels for blasters, theses are only orange and purple items I believe. the overlapping text modification screen is what you get when you open the mod screen on an item with no mod slots

You can only modify modifiable weapons/armour.

It's easy to tell which are modifiable as they have orange borders around them the item Icon in the inventory screen.

You can normally buy new orange Lightsabers for commendation vendors or they also drop from flashpoint bosses (normally the final boss is the one that drop weapons).