Skip rank 2 Speeder Piloting?

Jybwee

Just hit 40 and only have 227k, i work my slaves.. er.. i mean companions pretty hard on gathering missions. Question is does anyone know for sure if you need to buy Rank 2 Piloting in order to buy Rank 3? I dont really care all too much for the minor boost in speed atm, would rather just wait til rank 3 if it's possible.

I wouldn't think it's possible but has anyone tested to be sure?

Edited by Jybwee

Well, when you skip any other skill, it doesn't show you the next rank until you purchase the last one. IE there's only one "slot" on the vendor for that skill. I wouldn't imagine speeder piloting is any different.

Also, in addition to the speed increase, you get increased knockoff protection.

Well, when you skip any other skill, it doesn't show you the next rank until you purchase the last one. IE there's only one "slot" on the vendor for that skill. I wouldn't imagine speeder piloting is any different.

Also, in addition to the speed increase, you get increased knockoff protection.

suppose that makes sense... I did a forum search before starting thread and didn't find anything. Just did a google search tho and got -

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=82121

Someone says basically what you said.. and it does make total sense. Isn't gunna stop me from waiting til Rank 3 just to find out tho :p. Unless someone confirms that they actually tested :)

Just hit 40 and only have 227k, i work my slaves.. er.. i mean companions pretty hard on gathering missions. Question is does anyone know for sure if you need to buy Rank 2 Piloting in order to buy Rank 3? I dont really care all too much for the minor boost in speed atm, would rather just wait til rank 3 if it's possible.

I wouldn't think it's possible but has anyone tested to be sure?

Yes Rank 2 is a prerequisite for rank 3 so it is necessary to pick up.

Also while it seems rather subtle (100% vs. 90%) that does not outline the true key difference for a rank 2 speeder against a rank 1, and that is how much more abuse a rank 2 speeder can take before you are dismounted.

I begrudgingly picked up the training figuring I might as well spend the money since I would eventually at some point anyway-- but it took all of 5 minutes buzzing across Hoth for me to be thankful I did.