My sad, whiney story

Subzz

Soooo... this is my first MMO ever, I'm a fan of Star Wars, been all my life so I wanted to get invloved with this game as a fan.

Well after getting to level 32 looks like its over.

I have spent 30,000 credits buying stims, medpaks and repairs only to be defeated time after time by the security guard prior to getting to Angral.

Now I have 1500 credits and have reached a level of frustration that I have never felt in my 37 years on this earth.

I'm all for a good hard/challenging fight, no doubts there but why make it so damn difficult as to wipe ones entire line of credits and basiclly ruin the game.

Make a enemy with a HP that is sooo excessive to my 6000 or so, more than double, and the game has to end there.

It's been 2 days and at least 15 tries and I still have to get thru Angral.

I have read on here where people blow right thru these guys with one try and 80% of their health remaining, I guess I'm one of the idiots (im sure alot r gonna agree).

Same thing with the jumping to get to datacrons, IMO, with no MMO or PC type gaming history to me these type games are really not a "jumping" type game.

So, what I want to ask is can I just skip this part and try to go and level up and rebulild my credits?

Will I still have a stroy line to follow?? I doubt it.

But what can you do when you have been wiped out of credits and can no longer buy med paks and stims and repairs??

Thanks for listening to me whine.:mad::mad:

Subzz! Take a friend along! Make good use of your companion and take another player with you to help you out. If you don't have any friends that play with you (One man wolf pack) then maybe look at joining a guild? There's bound to be one to suit you and plenty of people in them to help you out :)

When things turn for the worst, there's always the option of going back to lower-leveled areas to build up again. Sometimes level really is the biggest factor, and takes a little grinding before moving on.

Just take some time to work on your crew skills, go beat some easier enemies and bosses, and build up your funds. Try a few Flashpoints when you're up to it, too.

Also, do spend some time researching how others make their class effective. Not to make this sound like "learn 2 play", but doing so has greatly helped me as a Shadow Tank. Just last night was my first time tanking in any game at all, and learning the class beforehand really helped.

Go back to a previous world. There are bonus mission chains on most of them (I think) that allow you to get new gear and equipment. A challenge to you now, in 2-3 levels, will be much easier.

Don't bang your head against a wall. Do something else, get stronger, and come back to it.

Soooo... this is my first MMO ever, I'm a fan of Star Wars, been all my life so I wanted to get invloved with this game as a fan.

Well after getting to level 32 looks like its over.

I have spent 30,000 credits buying stims, medpaks and repairs only to be defeated time after time by the security guard prior to getting to Angral.

Now I have 1500 credits and have reached a level of frustration that I have never felt in my 37 years on this earth.

I'm all for a good hard/challenging fight, no doubts there but why make it so damn difficult as to wipe ones entire line of credits and basiclly ruin the game.

Make a enemy with a HP that is sooo excessive to my 6000 or so, more than double, and the game has to end there.

It's been 2 days and at least 15 tries and I still have to get thru Angral.

I have read on here where people blow right thru these guys with one try and 80% of their health remaining, I guess I'm one of the idiots (im sure alot r gonna agree).

Same thing with the jumping to get to datacrons, IMO, with no MMO or PC type gaming history to me these type games are really not a "jumping" type game.

So, what I want to ask is can I just skip this part and try to go and level up and rebulild my credits?

Will I still have a stroy line to follow?? I doubt it.

But what can you do when you have been wiped out of credits and can no longer buy med paks and stims and repairs??

Thanks for listening to me whine.:mad::mad:

You can always rebuild.

Warzones, bonus quests on previous planets, other quests on the current planet/area, etc.

Try a different companion. Try different things with your companion.

Take a little break, work on other stuff, and come back overlevelled a little if you need to.

You can definitely fix it and get through this, just might need to take a little step back and let the frustration subside a bit.

You can grind random mobs on the world you're in for more credits,space missions pay decent as well as level you up. And if you are on Mind Trick server I'll help you out manually. whisper Hanover.

If you solo, you must embrace the interrupts.

The one where you throw a kick to the face stuns and interrupts your opponents special from going off. You have a couple of these at your disposal. You will see his bar rising right above his health, if you are a mouse clicker like me , you'll need to pay attention to that bar, every time you see a special, use an interrupt. Then DPS him for a few until you'll need to interrupt him again.

Those specials are what are killing you,they are usually the most damaging, you must stop them. Once you master interrupting you'll breeze through most of the game.

Sorry I cannot remember the names of all the powers that interrupt but if you hover your mouse over them you'll see in the description what does and does not.

Edited by HanoverFist

He's a bit tough but you can indeed level elsewhere and come back. Que up a warzone in the bottom right hand corner of your screen, and you can level through pvp. It might be tough in the beginning but you will learn over time and get experience whether you win or lose. You can pickup a daily mission for the warzones and get a lot of experience through that. Also, make sure to do the daily space missions. Another method of leveling is Flashpoints. Find one that suits your level and you can do those a couple of times. Once you are a couple levels higher you will breeze through that boss.

G roll an SI or JS. By the time I was lvl 30 I had 300k and I had never bought a medpack. Use the alt to make some cash and send it to yourself. It's really easy. If you're having a hard time finding groups/people to play with hit me back with a PM. I'm sure we could find you a spot and boost you up pretty quickly.

Thanks for the replies guy's and all were positive, I thought I was gonna get flamed.

I have not done space missions or any heriocs etc...

So I'm going to take the advice and go and complete space missions, thankfully I bought all my grade 1 stuff for my ship.

Also I'm going to go and hang out on previous worlds and help others out in Heriocs etc, I always see people LFG so I can help them out in my crappy situation and make someone else happy which in turn will bring back my happiness which will help me level up build some credits and WHUP THE PISS out of that security guy!!!!

Thank you again everyone for the support and advice.

by the time i was that lvl i had half a million credits thru world auction house and quest turn ins and loot.. i dunno about your class but i rarely had to eat a health pack as an assassin.. If you are having trouble playing that class maybe u should try another class? or learn to use your pet teamed withyourself better

Thanks for the replies guy's and all were positive, I thought I was gonna get flamed.

So I'm going to take the advice and go and complete space missions, thankfully I bought all my grade 1 stuff for my ship.

Also I'm going to go and hang out on previous worlds and help others out in Heriocs etc, I always see people LFG so I can help them out in my crappy situation and make someone else happy which in turn will bring back my happiness which will help me level up build some credits and WHUP THE PISS out of that security guy!!!!

I'm sorry for your aggravating experience, but just think, once you've rebuilt, re-paired/re-geared, and leveled up, you're going to feel so good when you finally destroy this mob. And you will destroy it, as long as you don't give up.

Hello there,

You might also find this information helpful. Georg Zoeller posted this awhile back about challenging fights:

A few general notes on challenging fights.

One of the most important aspects of higher level fights against elites is to counter their special abilities. You are required to use your interrupting abilities (e.g. Distraction on the Imperial Agent) in these fights to prevent these enemies from gaining the upper hand. In the short term, stuns and ballistic attacks/knockback will also help, but your interrupt abilities have the added benefit of preventing the target from using their special abilities.

Make sure your companion is properly equipped and that their signature abilities are enabled. For example, if you rely on your companion to take the brunt of the beating in a fight, make sure their 'defensive stance' is activated. Turn off their area of effect abilities when you're fighting single enemies - they are not efficient for these fights. You can enable/disable abilities by opening your companion panel (~ by default) and right clicking the ability. The green indicator on an ability tells you if a companion will consider the ability for use in their AI rotation.

Do not underestimate the benefit of stims and relics as short term efforts to turn the tide. Same goes for your 20 minute 'heroic moment' ability (the one that only works with your companion and triggers the music).

This sounds obvious, but make sure that your skill points (k) are distributed and that you've trained primary your abilities to level.

Finally, if all else fails, gaining additional equipment, levels or bringing a friend along to help with a challenging fight can be used to overcome temporary blocks. However, be advised that if you run into constantly very challenging fights, it is a good indication that your equipment might need updating.

All these notes aside, we are looking at difficulty issues constantly. If we find a trend that indicate a certain fight is broken or a specific advanced class has issues, we will act accordingly. If you want to provide additional insights, such as your character's spec, your approach to combat, your companion or a particular fight you would like us to look at, please feel free to do so in this thread.

regards

Georg

Hope this helps and good luck!

It must be hard for new comers to come to this forum amongst the rants. Things are doable and the advice you got was good. Doing some space missions, and extra quests then going back. Or selling your crafting items that your companions can gather for you is one way. Flashpoints are another. Good luck you will progress I am sure of it.

Really wish I could help you but I'm not sure what boss you are talking about. As a healer class I found a few personal story bosses to be quite challenging, and the bane has always been bosses who can heal themselves. During those fights, I have succeeded by using every interrupt ability at my disposal every time I saw a heal being channeled. With only 3 interrupt abilities, I couldn't possibly prevent them all from being cast but I interrupted enough to win the fights.

Perhaps there is something about this fight that makes it tough for your particular class, and you have abilities that may help tip the scales in your favor, even if they aren't main damage or healing abilities. If you can't think of anything you haven't tried differently or noticed the boss doing something that really messes your chances up, then go grind out an extra level, its amazing what one single level can do to tip the favor in these encounters. ;)

Edited by Ituhata