really slow game!!

sleepinjac

so my game is REALLY slow in ALL aspects. when creating my character is took 3-5 seconds for the selections to change. by the time i got into the game even moving is simply impossible because my character wont move the same time as my keys.

i live in australia and i have a good internet connection, i'm playing on a light european server and i'm just wondering if i should be trying other servers to see if they're faster or something??

any help would be appreciated since its just a massive waste of my money if i cant even play!

And to find easily dxdiag:

First Press Start button in windows

Then Search programs and files ---> write dxdiag then enter

Then click save all information and save it to easily found location.

Then just copy/paste results here so we can see it.

Then we can try to help you.

Hope this help.

-Joonas

Example for Graphics:

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68B8)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68B8&SUBSYS_22881787&REV_00

Display Memory: 2805 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB

Shared Memory: 1791 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

Monitor Model: VE247

Monitor Id: ACI2493

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)

Output Type: DVI

Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1107 (English)

Driver Version: 8.920.0.0

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/10/2011 05:15:20, 927232 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-2BF8-11CF-6470-8202BEC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x68B8

SubSys ID: 0x22881787

Revision ID: 0x0000

Driver Strong Name: oem71.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_Evergreen:8.920.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_68b8

Rank Of Driver: 00E62001

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

D3D9 Overlay: Not Supported

DXVA-HD: Not Supported

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

I use an HD 5700 Series as well, and can say unless the card is failing, it is not the card. I would recommend checking that your drivers are up to date, however.

Also, reading over your dxdiag, I'm curious how much RAM you currently have installed. If you don't know, you can check this by clicking Start > Right click 'Computer' > select Properties.

I use an HD 5700 Series as well, and can say unless the card is failing, it is not the card. I would recommend checking that your drivers are up to date, however.

Also, reading over your dxdiag, I'm curious how much RAM you currently have installed. If you don't know, you can check this by clicking Start > Right click 'Computer' > select Properties.

That's not the OP. That's someone helping the OP understand how to get and paste the dxdiag.

And to find easily dxdiag:

First Press Start button in windows

Then Search programs and files ---> write dxdiag then enter

Then click save all information and save it to easily found location.

Then just copy/paste results here so we can see it.

Then we can try to help you.

Hope this help.

-Joonas

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9200M GS

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E8&SUBSYS_3603103C&REV_A1

Display Memory: 1758 MB

Dedicated Memory: 495 MB

Shared Memory: 1262 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

Driver Version: 8.17.0012.8562 (English)

DDI Version: 10

BGRA Supported: Yes

Driver Date/Size: 10/15/2011 19:53:00, 13205312 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

WHQL Date Stamp:

Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-45A8-11CF-FE52-0F161FC2C535}

Vendor ID: 0x10DE

Device ID: 0x06E8

SubSys ID: 0x3603103C

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Revision ID: 0x00A1

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C ModeVC1_C ModeWMV9_C

?????

is that what you meant?

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 9200M GS

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E8&SUBSYS_3603103C&REV_A1

Display Memory: 1758 MB

Dedicated Memory: 495 MB

Shared Memory: 1262 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll

Driver Version: 8.17.0012.8562 (English)

DDI Version: 10

BGRA Supported: Yes

Driver Date/Size: 10/15/2011 19:53:00, 13205312 bytes

That card is pretty darn ancient. And it's a laptop apparently. Not sure if that's your ONLY problem (only know your gpu) but updating drivers couldn't hurt.. nvidia.com.

Also i believe it's ctrl+alt+F to show fps? It should then show in lower left and latency should show in lower right by default, hover over those little "connection" bars. Will give you a better idea of what's goin on

Edited by Jybwee

That card is pretty darn ancient. And it's a laptop apparently. Not sure if that's your ONLY problem (only know your gpu) but updating drivers couldn't hurt.. nvidia.com.

Also i believe it's ctrl+alt+F to show fps? It should then show in lower left and latency should show in lower right by default, hover over those little "connection" bars. Will give you a better idea of what's goin on

i've tried to update the drive from nvidia website like 3 times but doesn't seem to change anything..?? it downloads and installs and all that crap but nothing seems to change.

what else do you need to know from the dxdiag?

i'm beginning to think that it'll never work on my computer

4.00 GB Ram

Just to confirm mate, cos I couldn't see in the thread where this has been asked. Have you tried turning all of the graphics options to off or low to make sure that isn't the issue? The patch aded the antialiasing feature, and although that usually only cripples high resoltions, this faeture gave me the exact issues you described. Also, I'm running an ATI 46xx which is lower than what was previously stated by someone, and it runs the game fine.

Jst a side note, was this antialiasing feature enabled by default for anyone else? My machine was crawling after patch day, but my mates had this disabled and he didn't know it was there.

i've tried to update the drive from nvidia website like 3 times but doesn't seem to change anything..?? it downloads and installs and all that crap but nothing seems to change.

what else do you need to know from the dxdiag?

i'm beginning to think that it'll never work on my computer

I just ment that the only info i had on your system is that crappy gpu. With just the gpu to go on i can guess pretty safely that your cpu is not all that good also and contributing to your problems.

Also it didn't appear that your drivers were up to date just going by the date it showed in the dxdiag. I'm just gunna throw this in here because not enough people know...

The Real Way Your Suppose To Update Your Drivers -

1. Easiest way is to get a program like Driver Sweeper (it's free)

2. Go to nvidia.com or amd.com and download the latest drivers using their system to pick the right ones based on your card. Save it to the desktop so you can get to it easily.

3. Use Driver Sweeper to get rid of all driver information on your computer.

4. This is usually followed by a restart.

5. As soon as your computer gets back to windows - Install the latest driver that you just downloaded and should be sitting on your desktop. When your computer starts back up it will most likely be at some default resolution and look pretty funky.. dont worry about it and just continue to install those fancy fresh drivers.

6. Probably another restart.

7. Play some games, and your system will thank you for it.

Alot of people just download new drivers over and over and over never getting rid of the older ones. Eventually this WILL lead to issues that can show up in many forms from strange textures to fps problems.... all kinds of things.

Edit: went ahead and looked it up and i guess 285.62 is actually the latest drivers (i thought they would have put out a new driver by now) . So does look like your up to date, tho doing a fresh install and getting rid of any old data may still help.

Edited by Jybwee