Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

Red_rocks

I play a jedi sage, and I'm up to level 30 now.

I rely heavily on Qyzen Fess to tank for me while I blow stuff up and keep him healed.

Initially I manually targeted tapping F1 twice to heal and then tab target back to keep casting damage, then I discovered focus target and focus target modifier.

Alt-f to set Qyzen as focus and then all i had to do was hold down my focus target modifier button and press heal/force shield on him without losing my damage target.

In the last day or so however it seems to be doing some odd things.

The first heal after a force shield heals me instead of qyzen, which tends to get qyzen killed a lot because I force shield him in order to give myself enough time to drop a heal on him. The force shield and the following heal are cast without letting go of the focus modifier button so I know its not that I'm holding the button wrong. The force shield casts on qyzen but the heal casts on me, without letting go of the modifier button.

This didnt seem to do it a few days ago, maybe something in the new patch?

(I use the tilde key next to the 1 as my modifier and 123 as my heals so I can just press the 2 buttons together, and yes I am careful to depress the ` key first before pressing the heal key)

I play a jedi sage, and I'm up to level 30 now.

I rely heavily on Qyzen Fess to tank for me while I blow stuff up and keep him healed.

Initially I manually targeted tapping F1 twice to heal and then tab target back to keep casting damage, then I discovered focus target and focus target modifier.

Alt-f to set Qyzen as focus and then all i had to do was hold down my focus target modifier button and press heal/force shield on him without losing my damage target.

In the last day or so however it seems to be doing some odd things.

The first heal after a force shield heals me instead of qyzen, which tends to get qyzen killed a lot because I force shield him in order to give myself enough time to drop a heal on him. The force shield and the following heal are cast without letting go of the focus modifier button so I know its not that I'm holding the button wrong. The force shield casts on qyzen but the heal casts on me, without letting go of the modifier button.

This didnt seem to do it a few days ago, maybe something in the new patch?

(I use the tilde key next to the 1 as my modifier and 123 as my heals so I can just press the 2 buttons together, and yes I am careful to depress the ` key first before pressing the heal key)

This has been happening since early access for me, sent in a few tickets and all were closed with the response of it being looked at.

And it happens at the the worst possible times as well! Happens on my sorc and sage. I make sure i press the modifier first, cursor is purple then cast, and it will heal me 4/10 times. I noticed that if im doing it real fast it will constantly heal me instead of my focus. So I slowed it down and made sure im doing it real precise and it will still happen. I was hesistant to make a new topic on it because I thought I was the only one because searching didnt show others having the same problems I was. But this is exactly what I am experiencing.

It happens so often that Im able to recognize the different motions in the cast animation so I know where the heal is going, so I can cancel and recast. I dont think this function is working as intended and have since stopped using the focus target for questing and I just started to manually switch in between targets and my companion.

For groups, WZ, FP's I will never use it in it's current state as it is far too unreliable. And I just click my raid frames to heal.

Edited by Rygah

just the 3 of us have this problem?

I didn't even know this function existed :o I've seen it in the settings panel but didn't bother to check what it actually did.

I hope that you are correct (only broken for three people) since I will definitly start using it now, but it could also be that all the other players are as ignorent about this function as I was so no-one has tried it ;)

I haven't had this issue. It might be because I don't keep the modifier held down for all. I press it, cast shield; depress it, press it again, cast heal.

OP: I don't think you are doing it wrong. I think it is borked and not working as we think it should.

Same problem as OP. Hopefully it gets fixed soon as the modifier would be a nice feature. Also, the cut scenes and vehicle mounting/unmounting remove your focus target which is also a pain in the butt.

EDIT: For me, the modifier gets stuck sometimes after shielding and a heal or two (cursor stays blue) even when not pressing the modifier button. Is this the way it's supposed to function?

Edited by Shoxs