Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tier 1 3 Changes Coming in 5.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Tier 1 3 Changes Coming in 5.2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
03.03.2017 , 10:22 AM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Oh! Someone asked me this on Twitter and I wanted to make sure it is captured here as well. The contents of your Command Crates is determined when you open them (think of how it works with Disciplines). So any Tier 1-3 crates you have prior to 5.2 will have the adjusted drop rates if you open them after 5.2 goes live.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TUXs
03.03.2017 , 10:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
This is a step in the right direction, but the following need to be added as well. Otherwise, this is still going to be a frustrating experience:

1. "On Use" relics must go. At the very least, they should not be part of BiS gear of any tier. That is just a cruel joke and a total misunderstanding of what BiS gear means.

2. A player should be guaranteed a complete set when they reach the top of the tier. When I hit 300, I should have one complete 242 Legendary set.

3. There should be protection against duplicate BiS items dropping in the crates; at least until player has received a complete set for that tier.

It amazes me that people seem to think the problem is that "the grind does not feel rewarding". That misdiagnoses the problem, so no wonder that the solutions proposed are inadequate and incomplete. The problem is that "the grind does not gear the player currently." Solve that: try to find a way to gear the player fully in 230s, 236s, 242s and 248s by the end of each of the corresponding tiers. You'll receive (nearly) universal praise.
Excellent post! It is a step in the right direction, I give them credit for finally making substantial changes, but there's still the elephant in the room, the same one that's been here since 5.0 dropped...RNG.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

bdatt
03.03.2017 , 10:28 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
This is a step in the right direction, but the following need to be added as well. Otherwise, this is still going to be a frustrating experience:

1. "On Use" relics must go. At the very least, they should not be part of BiS gear of any tier. That is just a cruel joke and a total misunderstanding of what BiS gear means.

2. A player should be guaranteed a complete set when they reach the top of the tier. When I hit 300, I should have one complete 242 Legendary set.

3. There should be protection against duplicate BiS items dropping in the crates; at least until player has received a complete set for that tier.

It amazes me that people seem to think the problem is that "the grind does not feel rewarding". That misdiagnoses the problem, so no wonder that the solutions proposed are inadequate and incomplete. The problem is that "the grind does not gear the player currently." Solve that: try to find a way to gear the player fully in 230s, 236s, 242s and 248s by the end of each of the corresponding tiers. You'll receive (nearly) universal praise.
I disagree.

1) While on use relics aren't BiS for dummy parsing, there are fights where more concentrated dps is better than overall fluff during non-critical part of fights.
2) BiS should not be guaranteed by grinding easy content. The possibility of getting there with good RNG is fine. If you want to guarantee non-set bonus and "A" mods fine, not BiS.
3) Debatable but you then approach the guaranteed BiS from grinding KOTFE chapters. I'd prefer a random unassembled piece, so it can be shared with an alt if duplicate, not elimination of duplicate pieces.

Costello
03.03.2017 , 10:45 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Oh! Someone asked me this on Twitter and I wanted to make sure it is captured here as well. The contents of your Command Crates is determined when you open them (think of how it works with Disciplines). So any Tier 1-3 crates you have prior to 5.2 will have the adjusted drop rates if you open them after 5.2 goes live.

-eric
So its best to stockpile crates as your moving through the GC rank to maximize the chance of getting good drops. That would be to wait to GC level 60 or so and then start opening tier 1 crates etc.

This just seems that it is going to make galactic command feel less rewarding as for the first 60 or 70 levels in any new tier your best off not opening any crates so for these levels you wont be getting any reward.

FtWorthJim
03.03.2017 , 10:49 AM | #25
I understand that there isn't full clarity without all of the details, but let me see if I can get one step closer.

In the example from above, if there are 3 item grades each with a medium'ish drop rate, you could make infer that medium in that context means around a 33% drop rate (since there are 3 and they are relatively equal).

Again, that isn't the 100% actual drop rate, things are subject to change, and my other community manager disclaimers. Still, that walks one step closer to the actual drop rate line for you!

-eric
Is there any benefit to NOT opening Command Crates until the release of these changes?

Which rule set will a box earned under the current rules, but not opened until the new rules follow?

K_osss
03.03.2017 , 10:53 AM | #26
Thanks for listening to your players! This is a movement in the right direction.

DarthDymond
03.03.2017 , 10:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by FtWorthJim View Post
Which rule set will a box earned under the current rules, but not opened until the new rules follow?
Rule set is determined by when they are opened, not when they were generated:

-eric
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

docbenwayddo
03.03.2017 , 10:58 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Excellent post! It is a step in the right direction, I give them credit for finally making substantial changes, but there's still the elephant in the room, the same one that's been here since 5.0 dropped...RNG.
IT's quickly becoming the most polished turd in history. look at that shine, you could comb your hair in that reflective gleam. It still stinks, mind you, but oh would you look at that sparkle!.

ottffsse
03.03.2017 , 11:21 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by mmmbuddah View Post
Im sorry, but you should not have access to top end gear doing heroics. They are ridiculously easy, and you dont NEED that gear for it. And this would cause people to just do senselessly easy content in order to get the best of the best gear, which should NEVER be possible.
for once I agree with this elitist sentiment. this would make certain endgame NiM content even more pointless...which it already is really to a large extent. Not pointless, but even less people would do it (Hm/ Nim) as I think most would hide behind "farming" easy mndless content which they already are doing.

Eli_Porter
03.03.2017 , 11:25 AM | #30
Still need something to make T1-T3 competitive with T4, so playing alts doesn't feel like I'm slowing down progression.