Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Am I missing something?

thebeernana
01.24.2013 , 12:37 AM | #1
Ive read in a lot of places that GS is one of the most mobile classes in the game... and honestly i dont feel mobile at all in pvp. I dont have an escape (yet) and I dont feel like I can control my attackers very well.

am I missing something or is mobility just not that great in this game overall.

tbn

Synavix
01.24.2013 , 01:09 AM | #2
In terms of PvE we are fairly mobile compared to other ranged classes (depending on spec, of course) because of our various instant cast abilities. I'd probably rank us "slightly above average".

I probably can't give the best answer in regards to PvP, but we're definitely not highly mobile there. In fact, excessive movement actually ruins some of our classes best abilities, such as leap immunity while in cover and CC immunity while Hunker Down is active. We're a lot better off than Commandos, but we don't have many ways of getting around the map like other classes. Most of our "mobility" is usually limited to LoSing when needing to or simply staying out of range.

thebeernana
01.24.2013 , 12:21 PM | #3
thanks for the feedback.

Maybe i need to try a different spec than SS. If left alone I can cause a ton of damage but have no real answer when i get a melee on me.

thanks again
tbn

Talyndor
01.24.2013 , 01:47 PM | #4
I only PvE....having said that:
DF is a far more mobile spec than SS. I leveled on SS, but I now do end game content in DF. I cannot speak to the Sab spec or hybrid sab/df spec in terms of mobility, but I think those are fairly mobile as well--compared to SS. I can tell you for sure that SS is our least mobile spec.
I also don't know that i agree that we are the 'most' mobile spec; I think all ranged classes have more mobility than melee classes b/c we can switch targets without moving, where as a melee has to move to his/her next target after they have downed whoever they are currently fighting...and sometimes that can be a ways away.

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

AngelFluttershy
01.24.2013 , 05:26 PM | #5
If you want to stay mobile in PvP and effective, try Saboteur. Dirty Fighting and Hybrid are a bit slow and Sharpshooter is more about being stationary and providing an area of denial.

Here is a spec I like to tool around with in PvP: 2/31/8
Angelfluttershy | Goopy | Smack'my | Lick'my | Tangy | Glossy

Uber_the_Goober
01.25.2013 , 04:46 PM | #6
We're mobile because of instant cast abilities.

Drop cover, instant charged burst. Move.

Drop cover, instant cast trickshot. Move.

Drop cover, instant cast speedshot. Move.

Drop cover, instant cast sab charge, wait 1.5secs, then instant cast charged burst. Move.

See? You have to get up after going into cover to get the mobility...kinda nice in pvp. Drop in/out of cover so fast it doesn't look like you're ever in it. The cover doesn't respect the global cooldown either - so there's literally no wait between entering cover and activating an ability as long as your PC doesn't lag a bit bringing up the "Cover Bar". Or you could jsut bind those skills to a separate cover bar and get rid of "Cover Bar".

Tasel
01.31.2013 , 12:39 PM | #7
You don't need to be in cover to fire trickshot. I use the drop cover -> charged burst and get up and fire trickshot on the run to keep me mobile.

Uber_the_Goober
02.03.2013 , 08:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tasel View Post
You don't need to be in cover to fire trickshot. I use the drop cover -> charged burst and get up and fire trickshot on the run to keep me mobile.
I didn't know that. Yay! Learning is fun.