After playing for nearly 5 years, I am quitting after I post this.

Cyber-Blade

(Don't expect an informative essay, there is no structure, just like in biowares game, RIP this games engine.)

The developers do not care about world PvP. Or PvP in general. They removed the PvP servers, and made it near impossible to go to planets just for skirmishes. The new RNG gearing is garbage. Commendations were fine. Don't fix something that isn't broken. Companions are pokemon. The community cares more than the devs, they are the only reason the game is alive. (shout out to dulfy) this game has become nothing but a barbedoll dress up game with the only content being added that is the cartel market, and even that is recycled content! Just like everything else! I'm paying for a subscription, but the content being added due to my subscription I'd have to pay for AGAIN just to access, and even then you don't always get what is advertised. So, why be subscribed? Why play at all?

But the thing that ticks me off the most, is when developers lie. We were told there would never be a time when a year would not pass with an operation. it took nearly 2 and a half years for ONE operation boss. There are other games with better business models, where you get more bang for your buck. I'm okay with the game being turned into a story-driven MMO, but still resides is the statement MMO. This is no longer an MMO, its an RPG. SWTOR, you were fun, and you had so many chances with me, but each time you let me down. your last chance to keep me stay was with Manaan, but I found myself completely finished with the manaan stronghold withen a couple of days. this game has huge potential for sandbox opportunities in the sense of strong holds, but with decorations not being one unlock each, allowing for infinite usage, it is near impossible for the average joe to enjoy the experience. and the ignorance of not allowing for players to place their hooks where they please is extremely limiting, and counteractive to the creative experience. I tried so hard swtor, I was with you for nearly 5 years. but there comes a point when you give up.

My biggest dissapointment with this game: CONQUEST (besides bugs still from beta in a 6 year old game)

What conquest should have been:

GUILD VS GUILD FIGHTING FOR CONTROL IN SPACE AND ON THE GROUND OF THE PLANET!!!!

What conquest is: THE SAME GUILD WINNING CONQUEST EACH WEEK SIMPLY DUE TO CRAFTER NUMBER ADVANTAGE

EA/Bioware, you really know how to take something AMAZING, and make it lame.

one last thing. dyes should be free and shouldn't break on extraction. one word explanation for why this exists: GREED

The passion of the first developers who founded this game has been long gone. This game's potential will be ever shrouded by greed

Edited by Cyber-Blade

... this game has become nothing but a barbedoll dress up game with the only content being added that is the cartel market, and even that is recycled content! ...

one last thing. dyes should be free and shouldn't break on extraction. one word explanation for why this exists: GREED

Irony?

Yeah, I know. That wasn't the point of the post. I just thought it was funny.

Take the game for what it is. If you dont enjoy replaying vanilla stories, neither you enjoy pvp or repeating ad infinitum old ops, then you are doing correctly by leaving the game.

If you dont find it fun, no matter you were here 1 or 5 years, take your wallet and go. It's the only language they understand.

I still have 4 pub stories to play, and 1 imp stories to replay (only replayed the other 2 imp since i came back), but as soon as i get bored, i'm out. Let's see if the roadmap brings something worthy, and it better bring it, otherwise...

(Don't expect an informative essay, there is no structure, just like in biowares game, RIP this games engine.)

The developers do not care about world PvP. Or PvP in general. They removed the PvP servers, and made it near impossible to go to planets just for skirmishes. The new RNG gearing is garbage. Commendations were fine. Don't fix something that isn't broken. Companions are pokemon. The community cares more than the devs, they are the only reason the game is alive. (shout out to dulfy) this game has become nothing but a barbedoll dress up game with the only content being added that is the cartel market, and even that is recycled content! Just like everything else! I'm paying for a subscription, but the content being added due to my subscription I'd have to pay for AGAIN just to access, and even then you don't always get what is advertised. So, why be subscribed? Why play at all?

But the thing that ticks me off the most, is when developers lie. We were told there would never be a time when a year would not pass with an operation. it took nearly 2 and a half years for ONE operation boss. There are other games with better business models, where you get more bang for your buck. I'm okay with the game being turned into a story-driven MMO, but still resides is the statement MMO. This is no longer an MMO, its an RPG. SWTOR, you were fun, and you had so many chances with me, but each time you let me down. your last chance to keep me stay was with Manaan, but I found myself completely finished with the manaan stronghold withen a couple of days. this game has huge potential for sandbox opportunities in the sense of strong holds, but with decorations not being one unlock each, allowing for infinite usage, it is near impossible for the average joe to enjoy the experience. and the ignorance of not allowing for players to place their hooks where they please is extremely limiting, and counteractive to the creative experience. I tried so hard swtor, I was with you for nearly 5 years. but there comes a point when you give up.

My biggest dissapointment with this game: CONQUEST (besides bugs still from beta in a 6 year old game)

What conquest should have been:

GUILD VS GUILD FIGHTING FOR CONTROL IN SPACE AND ON THE GROUND OF THE PLANET!!!!

What conquest is: THE SAME GUILD WINNING CONQUEST EACH WEEK SIMPLY DUE TO CRAFTER NUMBER ADVANTAGE

EA/Bioware, you really know how to take something AMAZING, and make it lame.

The passion of the first developers who founded this game has been long gone. This game's potential will be ever shrouded by greed

Yeah, seems like devs dont care about pvp. Pve gearing is much faster than pvp, we have no new warzones, they are making stupid decisions, for example when they buffed ranked uc rate instead of buffing uc rate for unranked which results in tonnes of noobs queueing ranked just for gearing up. Devs seems to be incompetent in pvp matters

Edited by omaan

But the thing that ticks me off the most, is when developers lie. We were told there would never be a time when a year would not pass with an operation. it took nearly 2 and a half years for ONE operation boss.

I totally get what you're saying and I cannot blame you for quitting. At the same time I do want to put a bit of nuance in the example you give here. I do agree that BW have been less than forward about things on various occasions. Stealth nerfs have happened various times without mention in the patch notes because they were "forgotten". They seem to have some major memory issues.

However, the operations situation as you describe it, I wouldn't characterize as lying. I do think that was their original plan but I think in light of a downsized team and operations not being as popular as they should be, they changed their plans. They also said this before 4.0 came out when they explained the change of direction. I do not see it as lying if people change their plans and say so openly, which they did. If they hadn't said anything at all before 4.0, then yes, you would have a point. But that's not the case.

Now I think that how they changed their plans was not the best direction for the game. I understood the game needed overhauling but I also remember they pulled in devs from another game to help out with 4.0 and then to see the limited new content that came out from that, well that was very disappointing.

And yes, PvP hasn't had a lot of love over the years. They never really properly developed it. It's a shame but it's a reality.

I hear you, original poster (OP).

The SWTOR staff for a few years now seems only capable of doing one thing at a time, and usually that one thing is of lukewarm quality.

I think because this game is just another source of revenue, BW/EA doesn't care alot about this game and can easily move onto other games to mess up.

Sometimes, I get the feeling that one of two things is happening behind the scenes.

BW/EA no longer wishes to have this game alive, so they are intentionally trying to drive away enough customers until they can justify shutting down the game because not enough profits are made (or no profits are made).

BW/EA see this game as a place to experiment and us as a test audience. They're not sure how certain features will work or be received. So, they implement them in SWTOR, see how it works, both how well it's received by the players and how hard it is to implement and maintain from a technical stand point and then decide if they will port it over to future games or not.

Also, this might be a "proving ground" for employees or a place for BW/EA employees to "build their resume". If they do well, they get moved to important projects. If not, they are let go or allowed to just continue in SWTOR for some length of time.

I still like the game for what it used to be. It's the 1.x- 3.x content that keeps me here. That stuff is still good, in my opinion.

I don't expect things to drastically change. As much as I'd like to see a continuation of class stories, I don't want Charles writing class stories if he was the creative talent behind the KOTFE/KOTET/ Iokath and Umbarra stories. I won't go so far as to say Charles needs to go, but I will say he needs help in writing creative, good stories. He does have a spark. Maybe he just needs a partner in crime so to speak so that between the two of them, they can churn out something that will be well received.

PVP can be fun. I'm not saying it doesn't have it's problem (Unkillable Mercs!) You just need people who guard or capture the nodes, be team players, aren't away from keyboard (AFK), and don't engage in 1v1 battles when they should be trying to carry the huttball over the goal!

Irony?

Yeah, I know. That wasn't the point of the post. I just thought it was funny.

for me sir, you won the internet today! you u have my upvote!

it was really funny to read one complain about space barbie and then talk about dyes..he completly destroyed his point of view.

so i wonder, is space barbie a part of this game or not? when i wipe or get rekt in pve or pvp, at least i hope i do it with style :D

Yeah, sorry to see people go.

I am similar opinion as the OP, but I just love the game too much to leave. Can only hope more ppl come than leave.

More people haven't come than left in ages and the trend has been downhill since a few weeks after launch. The problems with the game aren't new. It has been incompetently managed from the get-go. IT's just worse as they promote more internally instead of looking outside for someone who might actually try to fix the mistakes instead of compounding them.

I don't expect things to drastically change. As much as I'd like to see a continuation of class stories, I don't want Charles writing class stories if he was the creative talent behind the KOTFE/KOTET/ Iokath and Umbarra stories. I won't go so far as to say Charles needs to go, but I will say he needs help in writing creative, good stories. He does have a spark. Maybe he just needs a partner in crime so to speak so that between the two of them, they can churn out something that will be well received.

I'll say it, Charles needs to go, but not by himself. The entire decision making team, top to bottom, needs to go. Unfortunately, without a large investment by EA even that won't save the game at this point. There are a lot of bad design decisions that need to be reversed, a lot of really bad story that now needs to be retconed out and a huge number of players who have to see real change before they'll even think about coming back.

I don't blame the OP in the slightest or any of the other players who have announced they are leaving, or who quietly have gone. The game is no longer fun, the devs are clueless and there are other options out there that, while not perfect, are a LOT better. (That is not a hard bar to meet at this point.)

I'm sorry that you leave, OP. But then again, it's obviously what BW wants you to do.

If BW would be interested in keeping anyone of the MANY players that have been leaving just alone in this year, they would do something about it.

Instead, they focus for months on nerfing each and everyone. Which is something which is proven to NOT keep anyone from unsubbing. I don't understand their priorities. Unless that deleted thread about why they are doing it, is true. Then it all makes sense.

I don't think they do.

There are people (whales) that spend many times more than $15 per month on cartel coins. ( I've heard of people spending hundreds of dollars on CC.) So, unless the OP is one of those "whales", it probably doesn't even register as a "blip" on EA/BW's radar.

At least you made it 5 years, I didn't make it 3 months.

I wish I would have started playing years ago when the game was fun, I guess I missed out on a lot.

Honestly, the first three chapters (starting planet through Corellia) are still pretty good. It's definitely the best story in the game. They're worth playing if you haven't done them all yet.