How do I access Scavenging Level 17+

Ladic

each of the level brackets for mission (I believe that is what you asking about) is about 50 skill points more or less. so the level 24 mission bracket is I think the 3rd(sorry i just woke up so I might be off) that would be 150-200 skill. You gain still by salvaging world nodes or running missions with titles colors other then grey.

Mission and Gathering Skill Quests/Missions are derived from your actual Crew Skill level for that given Mission or Gathering Skill. Like mentioned above, it is generally based around a 50-75 skill level range. Once you hit around 75 Scavenging you should have access to the 17-24 bracket. Just keep leveling Scavenging manually (by actually gathering on Coruscant) until you hit the magic number that unlocks the Tier. You will quickly know, because the highest Tier you have access to, will always populate first when you open your Crew Skill Missions (much to my dismay as I frequently do lower Tier missions).

If you are sending your companions on scavenging missions you are doing it wrong.

Just scavenge as you quest and your skill level will increase along with your level.

The only time you should send your companions on missions is for the mission skills like Treasure Hunting, Underworld Trading, and Diplomacy.

Unless you like being broke.

You will quickly know, because the highest Tier you have access to, will always populate first when you open your Crew Skill Missions (much to my dismay as I frequently do lower Tier missions).

Not always true there has been a few times I've unlock a new tier of missions only for it to be empty for awhile. Seems to take a few lower level mission runs before it starts to fill in slowly.

And yes the lower tier missions do get better with more Rich mission as you get higher skills it is indeed a good way to make some cash running lock box missions form lower levels. Nothing to write home about but still fairly nice. I normally have one guy running high stuff for skill gain and one guy running low stuff either for crafting supplies or lock boxes.

My toon is already level 24 but still can't access the second level of scavenging.

My scavenging is at 49 right now.

How much do I need to access the next tier?

I left Coruscant with Scavenging 100+ just by nodes and droids.

Not sure of droid population in Dromund K. but surely should have enough nodes to level up fairly well the crew skill.

Yeah, investigation requires sending them out, which requires money. I'm not able to keep it up to my other 2 skills, either.

Ironically, just hit lvl 25 and need 40k + 8k (training + bike), but can't quite afford it as I've been pushing my investigation as well.