The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Yes, but the Vanguard was new. That's why I wanted to be extra careful. I don't like alienating newbies by going super fast and expecting them to know what to do without any knowledge of the mission. I've seen that before and it always ends in drama. This is meant to be fun.

I'm just now glad I'm not the only one who ever initiated a vote kick for attitude issues just before last boss. :D That was the right thing to do though, if you ask me.

She may have learned how to use spacebar (and wanted to teach you a lesson), but you taught her a lesson about manners and team play. Who knows, maybe she'll be smarter next time.

And for all the supposed time-saving she thought she'd get from forcing everyone to spacebar, she's got nothing to show for it.

It's like trying to force new players through precise shortcuts and mob-avoidance and someone ALWAYS pulls the mob or gets stuck or has to be led. It all wastes more time than if you just kill the damn mob in less than 10 seconds and be on your way.

Why I check now I have no idea. I try to trust players. Too much apparently. He's 224, no augs.

Wow. Highlighted weekly EV?

Why be nasty right off after one death? Does that really work for people? When I dps I work my tush off so the healer doesn't have to heal me or very little.

Some snowflakes are brought up in a way never to own up to their crap...

Just imagine this guy as a life partner or coworker or even on holidays as a buddy.

The few times I've tanked I consider healers a bonus perk but never a necessity.

It's players like this that give tanks a bad name. But I've been with too many great tanks and know better. They'd be appalled at his reliance on the healer. I guess I'm trying to justify my role but I don't know why. Human nature. I've healed that FP several times on MM with ZERO problems.

Yup. It's actually taken me a LOT of time to understand as a tank in non-solo that sometimes I can't help but melt and it's someone else's job to keep me alive then and there. Too used to DCDing and watching out placement. I'll even go as far as keeping my boots of self-heal from 3.0 :D

Edited by BenduKundalini

They shouldn't let pre-70 characters anywhere near Umbara. Even SM was a marked step up from the other FPs, especially the add free for all at the end.

Nah, Vet is not that bad... A couple of days ago we cleared it with two people + companions (me - 248 rating sorc with lvl 50 Ranos and 50-something Mara with Vette) when two GF folks felt urge to kill adds during bonus boss fight and left without a word after two wipes.

I'd go further and say that all veteran flashpoints accessed through Group Finder should have level restrictions based on the minimum level required for that FP at launch. Sure that level 18 can probably make it through Korriban Incurion or Assault on Tython, but only because a level 70 healer is continually topping him up as he melts, or the level 70 tank is guarding him, or because the level 70 DPS are putting out the damage that he sorely lacks. No matter how skilled a player at low levels their characters are a drain on the group and need to be carried.

Players that are lower levels than the content should be restricted to story mode and the God bot companion until they reach an appropriate level for Vet or Master, at least with Group Finder. Manually entering flashpoints is another story. If guild mates or grouped friends want to carry them that should still be viable.

I admit I'm guilty of doing FPS way under level, basically the moment I reach level 15 and even before I reach the capital world. This is mostly because I want to grind for gear and abilities first before doing the class story as I like to make my personal story along with it. Say I wanted to get the Tribal Hermit set off of GTN, but given their extreme price I had to grind for it. So I did FPS as they're a easy way to farm xp and credits.

Nah, Vet is not that bad... A couple of days ago we cleared it with two people + companions (me - 248 rating sorc with lvl 50 Ranos and 50-something Mara with Vette) when two GF folks felt urge to kill adds during bonus boss fight and left without a word after two wipes.

I'll take your word for it. Vet and up will be a guild only activity.

That bonus boss being the main issue and the burly brawl on the final boss.

This week I did half of the Master mode Umbara with a companion healer. The real healer had dropped out before everyone had even zoned in and as there didn't pop a replacement, we just started with a rank 50 companion.

The two DPS were new to Umbara but we agreed, there is nothing wrong about at least trying the bosses we came across.

The first boss we had one wipe, because that shadow kicked Lana from the train at one point, the second try I used my own companion (Rank 50 Pierce) and being the tank myself took better care of the positioning of that kick this time. Another reason to use my own companion was, if he died I would have used stealth to quickly get him back.

At one point the shadow one shot me, but the sorc DPS, just rezzed me immediately and with Pierce coming back with full health then too, we killed the 5% health remaining with the shadow.

Well we just moved on then, still waiting for a healer to join the queue, but no one came.

Then the bonus boss, which honestly I didn't expect to fall, but the others would have at least seen it once, learning what is important there.

To my great surprise we killed it. Again with me dying at one point near to the end and the sorc getting me up fast once more, but a dead boss is a dead boss, isn't it?

The rest of the FP a guild mate healer helped out, so I don't know how well those would have worked. Maybe i'll try another time.

But truth be told most of the time one player dies too with a real healer there, the companion was, at least with those two bosses, as good as any real player healer I have met there so far.

Not diminishing real players here, sometimes people just die and there are a lot of bad burst attacks in Umbara. I just hadn't expected a companion would work that well at all, especially with their sometimes pretty stupid KI, but somehow it did.

#healercompanionstoostrong

I'll take your word for it. Vet and up will be a guild only activity.

That bonus boss being the main issue and the burly brawl on the final boss.

Just asign one player on the boss, one on the adds and you should be fine (the adds don't hit vety hard on vet so it's just a matter of keeping their numbers in check).

We lost Ranos near the end because I failed to pull her out of stupid spot in time but other than that it went smoothly.

The Battle of Rishi VM. Lvl 40+ Operative, refusing to do objectives in stealth. Perhaps he does not know how to switch off terminals. He demanded that the group go with him and kill mobs previously. He left the group after that. Edited by xRohanx

The Battle of Rishi VM. Lvl 40+ Operative, refusing to do objectives in stealth. Perhaps he does not know how to switch off terminals. He demanded that the group go with him and kill mobs previously. He left the group after that.

I hardly ever get Battle of Rishi on my Operative so I haven't had a good chance to test how easy it is to get the terminals without accidentally picking fights. On my other characters I prefer to keep the team together.

Edit - my point being that I don't know if the Operative was being unreasonable or just overly cautious.

Edited by JediAkemi

I hardly ever get Battle of Rishi on my Operative so I haven't had a good chance to test how easy it is to get the terminals without accidentally picking fights. On my other characters I prefer to keep the team together.

Edit - my point being that I don't know if the Operative was being unreasonable or just overly cautious.

I have completed this task many times with my operative. This character can switch off terminals quite easily (like objectives on Tython too), while your group moves forward and waits. It's intuitively simple. You can use your Stealth, Sleep Dart, go behind the terminal and just turn it off. When you can not get behind the terminal (2'd terminal, if I remember correctly) you can use a Sleep Dart (the nearest mob, elite), get on the terminal (jump on it) and turn it off. 3-5 minutes, mission complete. So, I do not understand when an operative is forcing all group to clear mobs, which he can avoid easily.

Edited by xRohanx

You can click the button from behind the console?

That's news to me. I'll have to remember that next time I get Battle of Rishi on my Operative.

Last time I tried it, even though I Sleep Darted one enemy, others were still in range when I dropped out of stealth to press the button, and of course they all jumped me. Probably what the Operative in your run was afraid of.

I have completed this task many times with my operative. This character can switch off terminals quite easily (like objectives on Tython too), while your group moves forward and waits. It's intuitively simple. You can use your Stealth, Sleep Dart, go behind the terminal and just turn it off. When you can not get behind the terminal (2'd terminal, if I remember correctly) you can use a Sleep Dart (the nearest mob, elite), get on the terminal (jump on it) and turn it off. 3-5 minutes, mission complete. So, I do not understand when an operative is forcing all group to clear mobs, which he can avoid easily.

It's not intuitively simple if you're new or new to stealth. Level 40 hasn't access to SoR yet either so it might very well have been their first time there ever.

You can click the button from behind the console?

That's news to me. I'll have to remember that next time I get Battle of Rishi on my Operative.

Last time I tried it, even though I Sleep Darted one enemy, others were still in range when I dropped out of stealth to press the button, and of course they all jumped me. Probably what the Operative in your run was afraid of.

Sleep Dart to nearest mob (1-3 consoles), hide behind the console and just click console. You don’t need click a button, because there is no button, the entire console is clickable. For 2'd Sleep Dart, jump amd click.

It's not intuitively simple if you're new or new to stealth. Level 40 hasn't access to SoR yet either so it might very well have been their first time there ever.

A novice with a Manhunter title, who never did any flashpoint, especially Battle of Rishi? I doubt it. By the way, he could say that it’s he’s first performance and just take our advice. I learned to play with my group mates and asked them questions. It's just coordination and communication.

Edited by xRohanx

3 pugs who joined us on a guild run of ToS (sm). I healed (244 gear). Wiped 6 times on both the underlurker and the commanders because the pugs did not move when the ceiling came crashing down.

Hardly ever used other attacks then the basic ones. The slinger was a pain to communicate with because didn't speak at all via chat.

I don't mind teaching new players tactics, but they should at least know how to use their rotations and try to listen to veteran players when they point out how they could improve their playstyle (in a constructive way of course).

After 6 wipes I've had enough and quit the OPS. No more runs with more then 2 pugs for me...

Hammer Station Veteran Mode/ 70 tank, 68 DPS, 25 DPS, 70 sor cor me

I type: " Go fast. you have healer. :)" Tank jumps first 2 bots, ignoring big droid. Alright! Tank gets it. After we clear them, I drop Phasewalk... we clear next 2 droid groups.

Tank types: "Please let me pull..."

Me: "it's vet mode, we're all dps. :)"

Someone has scavenger. On to big droid boss; the tank pulls, I clean, done. More trash after and the tank say to the 25... "You're not the tank. Stop pulling."

The 25 replies: "It's vet mode. Let's just kill them." Or something.

We get to the 3 bosses that overlook the mining area ( I love that area. Always want to explore down there. :D).

I pull! Hehe.... I bubble everyone and we take little damage. Clear bosses.

The 68 pops up: "We have a tank, why not use him?"

" We are all DPS. It's just vet. Just go! :)" I reply. 68 makes some snarky comment... I reply: " Just chill. The 25 and I will solo the rest. You guys wait here."

We get to the 2 turrets before the bridge. The 68 pipes in. " Let's see you and the 25 solo the turrets!" I almost spit my soda on my screen. It's actually only one turret as you can stun the other. I tell them we'd be happy to.

68 shoots back... " I don't wanna see that as it would take too long. Well, which is it? Take too long or get this done?.

Start final boss... I'm healing everybody, FP done.. Gawd I love pugs, sometimes! :D

Edited by Zerileth

I type: " Go fast. you have healer. :)" Tank jumps first 2 bots, ignoring big droid. Alright! Tank gets it. After we clear them, I drop Phasewalk... we clear next 2 droid groups.

Someone has scavenger. On to big droid boss; the tank pulls, I clean, done. More trash after and the tank say to the 25... "You're not the tank. Stop pulling."

We get to the 3 bosses that overlook the mining area ( I love that area. Always want to explore down there. :D).

" We are all DPS. It's just vet. Just go! :)" I reply. 68 makes some snarky comment... I reply: " Just chill. The 25 and I will solo the rest. You guys wait here."

We get to the 2 turrets before the bridge. The 68 pipes in. " Let's see you and the 25 solo the turrets!" I almost spit my soda on my screen. It's actually only one turret as you can stun the other. I tell them we'd be happy to.

68 shoots back... " I don't wanna see that as it would take too long. Well, which is it? Take too long or get this done?.

Start final boss... I'm healing everybody, FP done.. Gawd I love pugs, sometimes! :D

I get that you wanted to go fast (it's Hammer Vet, it's not long anyway), but why cause drama? Did it really kill you to let the tank do his job when he asked? Sure, one can just walk in and solo Vet Hammer, but you decided to queue for a group, so maybe you all should work as a group. The 68 maybe overreacted (leaving an easy FP is silly), but they both had a point. If the tank wants to pull, just let him/her pull, don't be petty about it.

And people are still surprised why tanks are in short supply, and good tanks are rare these days.

He had every right to be angry. He was being denied the role he queued for. If he wanted to come as dps, I'm sure he would've.

And people are still surprised why tanks are in short supply, and good tanks are rare these days.

He had every right to be angry. He was being denied the role he queued for. If he wanted to come as dps, I'm sure he would've.

I'm a tank main. I stopped pugging veteran mode fp for this reason. There's just no point as a tank. The ideal combo for veteran anything fp would be 3 dps and a healer I think.

I've since they did it that making all sm tactical was bad. Oh well that's all history though and hey I can vigi now.

I get that you wanted to go fast (it's Hammer Vet, it's not long anyway), but why cause drama? Did it really kill you to let the tank do his job when he asked? Sure, one can just walk in and solo Vet Hammer, but you decided to queue for a group, so maybe you all should work as a group. The 68 maybe overreacted (leaving an easy FP is silly), but they both had a point. If the tank wants to pull, just let him/her pull, don't be petty about it.

Stow your condescension. I'm not going to go through HS vet waiting for the tank to pull every group. If a tank wants to tank do MM. Way too many HS runs these days getting Conquest done for alts. You want trinity do the real trinity, not HS vet mode.

He should do MM if he wants to tank in an actual trinity. And all FPs are not the same. Had it been BH or DofM... sure I'd let him tank. He can still taunt and learn his class. Storymode will help that too. This is not why tanks are in short supply. I wasn't rude to him either. He wasn't denied anything. Enough drama, wake up.

Heya,

Long day, me just wanting some peaceful grinding hours. Battle of Ilum pops, Merc, Sniper, Assassin and me. People seem nice, we get to the double bosses at the entrance to the crystal caves nice and easy. That's where the fun begins. Boss fight with pretty much zero problems but then the other sniper accidentally pulls some mobs down the stairs on one side and dies. Quits immediately. Like he saw the notification to rez and nuked his PC. The three of us are somewhat confused but continue with a comp. The enemies in the caves hit too hard for the comp to keep up so we requeue and get a replacement after those 2 Mining Spider Droids. We wait for him but notice that he pulled the pack in the first cave that you can skip and dies. The Assassin gives us a "**** this" and quits. The replacement probably is a new player though, as he is level 19, so I tell him to follow us through the caves. He walks back outside into the imperial camp, stays there for like 30 secs and just quits. The merc and I decide to call it a day and just try our luck again.

This isn't particularly funny or interesting, but why on earth did they quit :rak_02:

This isn't particularly funny or interesting, but why on earth did they quit :rak_02:

My guess:

Sniper had bad experience with people yelling at him after such mistakes, and quit before you could kick him.

Newbie had no idea where he was, where you were, and what what to do, so he quit to avoid getting yelled at.

Assassin had only 10 minutes to do the FP, and there was nobody left to yell at.

Edited by Mubrak