[Panel Discussion] Economy and Crew Skills (4:15PM CST)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thycetis

Schematics need an 'already known' label so players are not constantly flipping back and forth between their bags/GTN and their crew skill window to see if they already have a particular schematic.

I would really, truly appreciate this feature. I find it very annoying to search for schematics on my host of crafters.

Its annoying. Here is how I do it - still kind of annoying but once you get the windows set up it works.

Open the crew window - at the top is the section that lists your crafting/crew skills and what skill level you have for each. On the left of that is an Icon for each skill - in my case its an armormech icon - drag that to a hotkey.

Now open the GTN terminal - it will rudely close your crew skills window or whatever you had open - and open the GTN and inventory windows. Close the inventory window and hit your new 'craftskill' button and it will open your schematics list beside the GTN window. The header of the schematics list has an option to show/sort by level. Set the GTN set to show schematics for your craft, sort that alphabetically so you can easily see and skip all the duplicates. Go thru each - when one looks interesting you check your schematics list - heavy armor level 35 - and its pretty easy to find where it ought to be to see whether you already have it or not.

Other annoyances -

I don't usually buy stuff for my inventory - I buy it for me or my companions and would rather look at the gear screen instead of inventory - but it opens inventory every time and closes any gear or craft window thats already open.

The crafting schematics list can't remember that I like it to show and sort by level. Neither can GTN remember any thing like my favorite sort orders or that I always use 2-days when I sell something.

Spend too much time shopping and the game tries to log you out for inactivity - even though you are scrolling, paging, chaging departments and such.

It seems to dim out schematics on GTN that you don't yet have the skill for - it couldn't do the same for recipes you already have?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On top of that, we full mod customization of all purple gear in 1.2, including the ability to extract and transfer endgame set bonuses onto custom gear.

While we are at it, maybe you can give us a confirmation on some of my current assumptions:

- Extracting all pieces from a purple item effectively makes them equivalent to an orange item, i.e. you can put in anything you want (for example, fill a Sith Juggernaut piece with Bounty Hunter mods)

- Not only set items from vendors, but all (or just high level?) purple items allow extraction of mods; I further assume this means you can take one of the many purple belts or bracers and empty them out or partially modify/upgrade them. This would provide a welcome end on the very limited situation regarding moddable belts and bracers, particularly since for some ACs there aren't any at all.

Yes. :)

So does it really mean that all purples (clothing and weapons, not implants, ears or shields, focus, etc...) will be moddable ?

Craftables as well, from all levels ?

Say a lvl 33 crafted pistol that is green before RE won't be moddable, but when REed twice into a purple version (endowment, fervor, whatever) will then become moddable ? And of course same for synthweaving or armormech belt, chest, boots, etc of all levels ?

I'd really want to be sure before I start dancing around in glee...

Thanks in advance !

:jawa_smile:

Edited by Shoogli

Well patch notes for 1.2 have been posted and I don't see anything about purples items being fully moddable as per the answer of Georg seemed to suggest, maybe there is something I didn't understand :/ :

Anyone cares to tell me what they think they understood from the post above please ?

I'm pretty sure the purples he is talking about are the ones that you get through Flashpoints and Operations. Currently, if you get some Columi gear, you can't remove the Armoring from it and are, therefore, stuck looking like Queen Amidala if you're a Sage. But I don't think it applies to the purples you get through RE. It does mean that, if you don't want to wear what drops, you're going to have to spend something like 100,000 credits per piece of armor to change your look.

Well patch notes for 1.2 have been posted and I don't see anything about purples items being fully moddable as per the answer of Georg seemed to suggest, maybe there is something I didn't understand :/ :

Anyone cares to tell me what they think they understood from the post above please ?

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. He did say all purples and then "yes" to a person's question about it as well right here on this thread. I don't see how he could have meant just the set bonus ones. If it's true then 1.2 customization is going to be even worse than it is right now, you'll need a set of the ****** looking crit orange crafted armor(which doesn't seem like they added ANY new sets of in the patch notes either) instead of being able to get a set of any crit epic crafted armor.

You mean this ?

- Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

You mean this ?

- Players can now remove Armoring modifications from items with set bonuses and transfer those set bonuses to Custom (orange) items. These modifications can only be transferred to an item that is equipped in the same slot.

Yes, those are the patch notes that we are referring to. They indicate that you will be able to remove the armoring from the Tier sets which we have known about for a little while now, but there is no indication of the patch notes that anything Georg said on here is true.

Quotes incase you haven't read what he said a few pages back:

Incorrect.

For one thing, we allow individual piece matching against chest color in 1.2.

On top of that, we full mod customization of all purple gear in 1.2, including the ability to extract and transfer endgame set bonuses onto custom gear.

-- Georg

The part "including the ability to extract and transfer endgame set bonuses onto custom gear" suggests that he was talking about more than just the Tier sets.

And if that quote didn't do it for you, his response to:

While we are at it, maybe you can give us a confirmation on some of my current assumptions:

- Extracting all pieces from a purple item effectively makes them equivalent to an orange item, i.e. you can put in anything you want (for example, fill a Sith Juggernaut piece with Bounty Hunter mods)

- Not only set items from vendors, but all (or just high level?) purple items allow extraction of mods; I further assume this means you can take one of the many purple belts or bracers and empty them out or partially modify/upgrade them. This would provide a welcome end on the very limited situation regarding moddable belts and bracers, particularly since for some ACs there aren't any at all.

was:

Yes.

So basically everything he said on this thread in regards to the subject has indicated that we would be able to have all epics being fully moddable, which is not what we are seeing from the patch notes. Hoping that the patch notes are just incomplete at the moment(which is possible since it is just starting the testing phase) and they haven't added this part in yet. Otherwise this whole change is rather pointless as we're trading 1 set of ugly gear for another 2 sets of even uglier gear that we will be heavily encouraged to get as it will have augment slots attached unlike the current set of gear.

So basically everything he said on this thread in regards to the subject has indicated that we would be able to have all epics being fully moddable, which is not what we are seeing from the patch notes. Hoping that the patch notes are just incomplete at the moment(which is possible since it is just starting the testing phase) and they haven't added this part in yet. Otherwise this whole change is rather pointless as we're trading 1 set of ugly gear for another 2 sets of even uglier gear that we will be heavily encouraged to get as it will have augment slots attached unlike the current set of gear.

Yes you understood my point :jawa_smile: !

Now : anyone on the PTS (sorry not enough hard drive space to go there myself) can confirm what is happening for purple lower lvl crafted stuff please ?