95%+ of folks misunderstand my anthem. Can SWTOR Off-topic forumgoers do better?

TheRealKingCrazy

A bit of background:

Some time ago (at least a year ago, probably was longer), I was browsing through Spotify's "Discover Weekly" playlist when I came upon a song which, after listening to it a few times, I decided to "adopt" as my personal anthem...especially since I have a lot of haters in my life and I am looked down upon by certain folks.

Unfortunately, in the time since I have "adopted" this as my personal anthem, I have shared this with around 500 folks, including family, coworkers, online communities (Discord groups and the like), and at least 2 online forums. Of those 500 folks, a staggering 95%+ of folks completely misunderstood the underlying message of the song, and as a result I have been permanently barred from 2 trash talking Facebook groups and 2 online game forum communities despite the song, lyrics, and underlying message being practically something a 10-year old could listen to and not be permanently affected (and I say, good riddance to those groups, considering all of those groups have faced action from higher authorities in the past). Can the SWTOR forumgoers (and mods) be like the 3 in 500 who actually understand the underlying message?

I will include a link to the lyric video. Let's see who actually understands the underlying message.

The lack of response so far is possibly due to your combative attitude. I'd also suggest that if 95% of people form an understanding that's not the same as yours, it might be that *they* aren't the ones in error.

To return to the topic, the message seems pretty clear. The singer is rejoicing in the fact that people think that he is a freak, that they don't like what he does, etc. It certainly isn't an anthem of tolerance, but of rejoicing about others' *in*tolerance. That is, it's almost like he's saying, "I do this stuff *because* you hate that I do it," rather than my version, which is, "I do this stuff(1) because I like doing it, and I don't give a flying (...)(4) what you think of it."

I also don't give a flying (...) what you think of my answer.

(1) In my case, a handful of tattoos that were inspired by life-changing events(2), and a collection of bits of metal (including an industrial(3)) in my left ear that are there just because I liked the idea of having them.

(2) https://i.imgur.com/w3tfXHO.jpg for example was inspired by my acquisition of French nationality.

(3) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_piercing and yeah, that stings a bit when they put it in.

(4) I'm not quite as indifferent as that might imply. My tattoos are in places that, if the situation truly calls for it (most don't), I can cover them with "ordinary" clothes, and although, in such a situation, I won't go out of my way to show off the piercings, I won't draw attention to them either. If it's clear that someone is going to turn me down because of them, well, probably I didn't really want to do business with / work for / whatever that person anyway.