Coming back to the game but vanguard is a complete different class...

arnaclevs

Hello i played the game at release and lvld a a vanguard 50 and i can say that the vanguard/powertech class was the best gameplay of any mmorpg ever. (with the wow shaman elem 3.3.5)

i mean really awesome to play with some distance abilities and melee, a true hybrid, which i agree was quite broken in my memories.

So i took back a subscription to play specifically this awesome class again, that really was the only reason i downloaded the game and i just discovered that all abilities are now 10metters.:mad::mad::mad:

So disapointing.... they could hardly nerf the damage but keep the gameplay and the identity of the class.... why did t hey change this awesome gameplay ? it was so perfect...

Anybody knows if they are planning to change the class and make it like it was back in the days ?:D

Sry for my weak english

why did t hey change this awesome gameplay ? it was so perfect...

Anybody knows if they are planning to change the class and make it like it was back in the days ?:D

Sry for my weak english

Why, because BWA combat team has no clue what the hell they are doing. It's been years like this, hell, it's not even the only issue vg has. To this day, it hasn't been addressed in any way.

Because people are not smart, and no I'm not talking about BioWare.

Yeah, you could play Vanguard's and Powertechs as a hybrid ranged class. And you were completely gimping yourself and your team by doing so.

If you're not within ~4m, you can't use any of your hardest hitting abilities or the ones that proc your most important passives.

This has NEVER changed for the class. It was like this at launch.

Yes, you could sit at 30m and Incendiary Missile into Railshot. Good for you. It was absolutely worthless.

And the thing is, you still CAN play the class like this, we have a utility that directly enables it in the form of Pressure Overrides. While Explosive Fuel is active, all of our primary damaging abilities get bumped to 30m range.

The problem was there were TONS of people who just outright refused to play the class as it was designed, while complaining that it sucked in the process. BioWare simply forced people to stop sitting back and being useless Rapidshotting into Railshot.

Edited by JohnAntilles

Yeah, you could play Vanguard's and Powertechs as a hybrid ranged class. And you were completely gimping yourself and your team by doing so.

If you're not within ~4m, you can't use any of your hardest hitting abilities or the ones that proc your most important passives.

Yes, you could sit at 30m and Incendiary Missile into Railshot. Good for you. It was absolutely worthless.

And the thing is, you still CAN play the class like this, we have a utility that directly enables it in the form of Pressure Overrides. While Explosive Fuel is active, all of our primary damaging abilities get bumped to 30m range.

The problem was there were TONS of people who just outright refused to play the class as it was designed, while complaining that it sucked in the process. BioWare simply forced people to stop sitting back and being useless Rapidshotting into Railshot.

Man is this dead wrong. You really think people aren't enjoying PT because they play the class at 30m? They aren't enjoying it is because they're getting global'd by better tuned classes. PT hasn't been tuned in 3 years. But oh sure mate, just charge into 4m and wreck.

Man is this dead wrong. You really think people aren't enjoying PT because they play the class at 30m? They aren't enjoying it is because they're getting global'd by better tuned classes. PT hasn't been tuned in 3 years. But oh sure mate, just charge into 4m and wreck.

I believe the comment on distance was brought on by OPs assertion that the class was fun because it was a hybrid class, and it is now a melee only class.

I believe the comment on distance was brought on by OPs assertion that the class was fun because it was a hybrid class, and it is now a melee only class.

Correct.

No clue why that guy thought that was related in the slightest towards how PT's perform in PvP in terms of the current meta.

Maybe if he actually read the OP and didn't attempt to hijack the thread, he'd be less triggered.

Correct.

No clue why that guy thought that was related in the slightest towards how PT's perform in PvP in terms of the current meta.

Maybe if he actually read the OP and didn't attempt to hijack the thread, he'd be less triggered.

The reading comprehension of some people! :D

Some people are triggered by things that are not even there, that they create themselves.

Edited by KWONRYU
Edit

First of all, you're speaking of bygone 1.x/2.x era. Back then classes didn't have that many movement boosters, stuns, roots, etc. Which was indeed an issue. I too remember how pt's under HTL wrecked everything and everyone. And yes, HS and HIB were abused. But, with 3.x it was changed: range was limited to 15-20m, whereas other classes got needed abilities and utilities to stop pt/vg's.

Honestly, after coming back after a long time, vanguard sucks now.

In pvp I could actually catch people or last longer then 10 seconds in pvp, but now? Everyone and their *********** mother have extremely strong cooldowns yet the best we get is a 25% damage reduction.

Honestly, after coming back after a long time, vanguard sucks now.

In pvp I could actually catch people or last longer then 10 seconds in pvp, but now? Everyone and their *********** mother have extremely strong cooldowns yet the best we get is a 25% damage reduction.

In regards to PVP it can be frustrating, PT/VG has the weakest and least amount of DCD this is well known and undisputed unless you are insecure in your own ability on your class. Some refuse to admit other classes short comings so they dont get put on par with their own. It is quite sad but it is what it is.

In saying that you should be proud if you are managing to make it work against all other classes as it requires actual skill and dedication and when the time ineviatably comes that PT/VG gets some love you will be in a good place as you managed when they where weakst of the bunch so god help those in front of you when they are FOTM.

One thing we do have is we can dish out some punishment to those that choose to tunnel us cause we are an easy target, Stack your firefall and procs run up to them like a suicide bomber and unleash some hell. I also remember a Hutt Ball where i enjoyed setting one such person up for at least 5 grapples into fire.

This is the way.

Edited by NateCrazy