Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consistently Dying

RubberKal
01.25.2012 , 05:32 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sookster View Post
As immortal you shouldn't have problems at all until Belsavis, on Belsavis is where it starts getting hard.
The most difficulty I've had as Immortal was on Hoth and straight after when u return to DK and Quesh.

I have now switched to Vengence to try it out, and am regearing all of my companions. I've never used Quinn as a companion, mostly used Vette early on then Jaesa, then Pierce and lately Broonmark who seems to be the toughest, although now Pierce is better geared.

Am focused now on gearing Quinn and Jaesa.

RubberKal

RubberKal
01.25.2012 , 05:36 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Harmsed View Post
i was also strugling, but tried different things and this is what worked for me.

1. I actually took the Vengeance spec.
2. Jaesa as companion.
3. Have pots as backup if needed. (hardly ever used them)
4. GEAR YOUR COMPANION.
5. Be 1 - 2 lvls higher than the mobs you are facing.

Double dps teams (you and Jaesa) really cut through mobs like a hot knife through butter.
When facing elites, just pop your cd's, and it is easy mode.

next, with regards to gearing your companion. I cannot explain how much it helps. See you and your companion as one, so if you only gear one and gear your companion with greens, its like you are running around in half good gear, and half not. Go to the GT and buy your companion gear.

Your flight missions and the bonus missions really help to be the right level for each area you tackle. Everyday i log on, i first do my space missions, and the amount of xp you get is insance! just be sure to keep upgrading your ship. Also do the bonus missions. it helps with not only xp, but also with your cashflow.

Lastly, as double dps, you know that you are softer, but your dmg output is massive, so each and every pack you take on, see it as a dps race. Whipe them out as fast as possible. (It actually makes the leveling process more fun!)
I used to do the flight missions everyday but I've been pretty slack with that lately. I quite enjoy them, and my ship is reasonably well geared, so I'll get back into them - I didnt realise they had such a large effect re xp/credits. Thanks for the reminder :-)

Currently Jaesa is too Squishy but I'll fix that with better gear :-)

Q: Popping CDs? I guess you mean blowing cooldowns, but I dont know what that means. Would you mind explaining please ? Thanks in advance.

RubberKal

MoonsLightV
01.25.2012 , 05:42 PM | #23
I play an immortal specced jug and I didn't really have any issues staying alive. I used quinn a LOT during areas where there were a lot of strongs, or when i had to go up against an elite during a class quest or bonus. With Quinn, i just didn't die, and was able to withstand a lot of punishment. With invincible, endure pain, and shield generator it was a great combination. Sure, i may not have the DPS a maurader has, but I still pretty much plowed through a lot of the content. In fact, I had several friends who were playing as a jug or maura ask me to come help them kill some elite for their class story which i was able to solo.
I was even able to do SOME 2 man heroics solo, i just had to be careful how i pulled. I could kill 2 elites but not 3.
Just use Quinn while questing, or respec more into the immortal tree, its the tanking tree and meant to keep you alive longer.

Acocan
01.25.2012 , 06:16 PM | #24
Cooldowns are you longer abilities.

What I typically do with an elite...

Force charge
Force Scream - gives shield
Sunder - lowers armor
Force Choke (cooldown) - disables them temporarily
Smash - reduction to hit chance
Retaliation
Backhand (cooldown) - Disables them temporarily
Sunder
Force push (cooldown) - shoves them back, disables temp.
Force charge
Force Scream

by this time they are usually half dead. I;ve not used defensive cool downs so I still have the option to and just take them down. I use Vette as companion.

Inelastic
01.25.2012 , 09:34 PM | #25
As immortal spec, you don't really need a healer companion. The only time I really bring out Quinn is when I solo the heroic 2+ missions. Just use your stuns and interrupts when the mobs are in the middle of casting, and use your damage reducers. Also, have your companion in the right stance for what you need; as in ae dps for groups and single dps for strong/elites.

For vengeance, I was still able to solo elites by sending my companion in to start to soak up some initial damage, but having a healer for them made it easy. I never needed a healer for regulars. I also used a ton of medpacks.