Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Mako the only real useful companion?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is Mako the only real useful companion?

jackalious
01.24.2012 , 11:17 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Dharagada View Post
I really don't understand why people have so much trouble with Mako or her CC ability.

I made great use of it while leveling, I felt no need to turn it off at all, I just made sure she was targeted on the mobs I wanted her to CC and attack when going through her rotation and not in the middle of healing me.
I agree with you here. She hits one with her CC then I hit one with mine then the fight is one on one. He 8 second CC last just long enough for me to bring one down. So after I engage one and take it down her CC is up then I hit hers. After hers there is one left. The whole time its pretty much one on one. Almost no down time between mobs. Doing it this way.

Mako is the way to go. Only problem I have is if I get two mobs together he sometimes runs up to them and CC's one of them. Then I have two mobs to deal with.

ClogMan
01.25.2012 , 01:57 AM | #72
Her CC is great, best use of our Shoulder Slam anyways.
UTINII

Loladarulz
01.25.2012 , 03:15 AM | #73
With my arsenal merc and Mako i almost killed 60k HP boss with my 9k merc on Hoth in those caves where bonus series quest are located. On second try some guy helped and it was easy kill - I think with a bit more selfhealing it would be doable. Should have try it again maybe.

No other BH companion can do that : - )

spicycookie
01.25.2012 , 07:25 AM | #74
Accept no substitutes... Mako

Stun, Heal and some dps... can't be it... having her when you aggro 5 mobs is awesome because you can't die.
Spicycookie Level 50 BH Mercenary
Cookiemuffin Level 20 Sith Sorcerer
CajunCookie Level 15 Sith Juggernaught
FluffyCookie Level 25 IA Sniper

achutor
01.25.2012 , 05:24 PM | #75
I leveled as advanced prototype, and used blizz almost exclusively since I got him. I would send him in first and let him tank everything, then after the fight dismiss/summon him again and bam, he is back to full health instantly with me taking no damage (can also just mount to heal him). Once I started giving him good tank gear he could tank elites no problem and I didn't need mako at all.

Razzur
01.25.2012 , 05:46 PM | #76
I'm in love with Mako ... she's got the smile.. the legs.. Why would you want anything else?
Keggur - 60 AP Powertech

SidewalkofPain
01.25.2012 , 10:16 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Diora View Post
good god no. I ditched her for gault, then torian.

My Torian now has 2 pieces of rakata gear and is pimped out in purples from hard modes...he's beast.

Oh, I'm arsenal specced. I have run with a DPS companion the entire time. Mako was only for the toughest bosses, until I got blizz to be a sacrifice while i nuked them down to about 25%.

Killing is so much faster with a DPS pet, so the heals aren't as necessary.
I've generally found this to be the case as well. As long as you're able to do a quick pre-pull eval and decide the kill order and how best to split the damage between yourself and the companion, running with a DPS companion means things die a lot quicker and healing between pulls takes almost no time.