Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consnstency in Ranked

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Consnstency in Ranked

DavidAtkinson
05.19.2019 , 01:46 PM | #1
Ok..

Man, I am not consistent... I have games that I carry or play very well and then other times I mess up so badly, It's incredible.

Not sure what to do... to become more consistent like whenever you que you break havoc.

Any tips ?

sharkfishman
05.19.2019 , 05:42 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Ok..

Man, I am not consistent... I have games that I carry or play very well and then other times I mess up so badly, It's incredible.

Not sure what to do... to become more consistent like whenever you que you break havoc.

Any tips ?
What is causing you problems? Going against certain classes? Do certain arenas give you more problems than others?

On my sniper, I've noticed that knowing where to position yourself in the new arenas has a HUGE effect on the end result of the match. That and not queuing as a Jugg, lol.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

JediMasterAlex
05.19.2019 , 06:27 PM | #3
Ok..

Any tips ?
I assume the lack of consistency depends on whether you're focused or not. Try to anticipate when you're going to get focused and prepare accordingly. You can delay when you engage, kite, etc.

Seterade
05.19.2019 , 06:53 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
What is causing you problems? Going against certain classes? Do certain arenas give you more problems than others?

On my sniper, I've noticed that knowing where to position yourself in the new arenas has a HUGE effect on the end result of the match. That and not queuing as a Jugg, lol.
I like to eat snipers. on rage jugg.

also, can we please get the missing "I" in the subject. its irking me.

sharkfishman
05.19.2019 , 07:15 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post

It's there. It's just a chic, fashionable "N" version, kind of like a perfume or cologne name.

New Calvin Klein FNVE & ENGHT

ETERNNTY by Calvin Klein

DNAMOND by Nina Ricci.

Nnna by Nina Ricci.

Nllegal by Carolina Herrera.

Brnlliant by Versace

"Don't get cocky."

DavidAtkinson
05.19.2019 , 09:59 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post

You are just way too old fashioned... Times change bro.

DavidAtkinson
05.19.2019 , 10:02 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post

I think some arenas give me problems, Orbital Station and Rishi Cove.. On mara for me these are a pain always.

And the other thing, when you focus someone and he starts burning his dcds... You hit them through those or you switch target until they wear off and switch back again. I noticed when this happens my hits are chicken like obviously...

Note: I don't hit merc reflect... or jugg ED, tho jugg ED is harder to avoid.

WayOfTheWarriorx
05.19.2019 , 10:12 PM | #8
I think some arenas give me problems, Orbital Station and Rishi Cove.. On mara for me these are a pain always.

And the other thing, when you focus someone and he starts burning his dcds... You hit them through those or you switch target until they wear off and switch back again. I noticed when this happens my hits are chicken like obviously...

Yeah that thing lasts for 15 seconds. That's a lot of time to not be able to hit someone who is hitting you.

Only a 90 second CD to boot. That's friggen nice.

TrixxieTriss
05.19.2019 , 10:18 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Yeah that thing lasts for 15 seconds. That's a lot of time to not be able to hit someone who is hitting you.

Only a 90 second CD to boot. That's friggen nice.
Stun and cc are your friend

sharkfishman
05.19.2019 , 10:45 PM | #10

It can be tempting to rush a match, but there's nothing wrong with LOSing a player whose using their DCD's or CCing like Trix said in the case of Juggs. The idea is to get them to burn their DCDs but NOT allow them to DPS you while doing so. Of course, you probably already know that, which is why I asked about the arenas.

Some arenas tend to feel cramped, which can cause you to panic under pressure. The best solution is to scout out good "safe" spots to fall back to/attack from ahead of time. Like you should always know in Rishi where your best spots to attack are, and where you can go to LOS someone without falling into a trap. If you have 3 or 4 spots that are your go-to's, it gives you an edge.

As a sniper, I absolutely despise Rishi because of how targeting works with ramps. Even if you can see someone, you may not be able to hit them with straight shots, lol. Imagine, just by taking a few steps back, suddenly you have a second to recoup.

"Don't get cocky."