Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Remove kolto probes from operative DPS

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Remove kolto probes from operative DPS

Benirons's Avatar


Benirons
05.13.2019 , 09:49 PM | #1
So i had an arena match on my merc healer with 3 dps vs 4 dps, one of them fully decked out 258 operative.

After the first round they ended up doing two thirds of my healing. some 600k v 400k. We lost, i died first i think, no im not great, but im also not a trash can.

That is a lot of *********** healing on a DPS.... y is kolto probes not an exclusive operative healer ability? Insta cast, low energy cost. At the very least a DPS should not be able to cast kolto probes on group members unless they r specced heals.

Operative can simply do too much, basically acting as a healer and a very very slippery DPS as well.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.13.2019 , 09:59 PM | #2
So you would also suggest that Sorc and Merc should lose the equivalent?

How about dps who can tank, taunt or off guard?

What about tanks that setup themselves up to skank tank?

All of them are a hybrid setup. Why should Operatives lose something and not the others.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
05.13.2019 , 11:11 PM | #3
sigh. trixxie, you do realise operative kolto probe is signifacantly stronger than any offhl in swtor?

they can pop 2 on everyone in the wz with a 15 sec duration for 5k hl every second. compare that to sorc. they can cast 1 dot hl on one person then it goes on cd for as long as it lasts. about 5 second. no, mercs have legit no equavilant. not even kolto shot because they have to sacrafice signicant dps to use it for pathetic hls on one target. when people say nerf ops there is a very good reason, Everything they can do, they do it better than every other class. they may not be able to do everything in swtor, but what they can do, they do better than everyone else.

Benirons's Avatar


Benirons
05.13.2019 , 11:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
So you would also suggest that Sorc and Merc should lose the equivalent?

How about dps who can tank, taunt or off guard?

What about tanks that setup themselves up to skank tank?

All of them are a hybrid setup. Why should Operatives lose something and not the others.
What is the merc equivalent? Sorc bubble does not do nearly as much as a kolto probe, and sorc DPS normally dont have the presence to bubble others in an average game.

Feels like u r upset at ur fav class being targetted? Operative DPS can do way too much healing by pressing a few buttons. Healing is way better than a lousy amount of absorb. Sorc bubble has a lockout too, longer on a DPS, it is perfectly fine. imagine 4 DPS operatives. They r unkillable if they just keep throwing a hot on the others every now and then, cause guess what, all the kolto probes in the world stack.

Suzsi's Avatar


Suzsi
05.13.2019 , 11:20 PM | #5
PVP nerfs also nerf PVE which most forget. Every time they nerf PVP they break PVE.

Yes. They never should have joined the two, should have remained separate but it didn't so now this is what we deal with.

-

~~ Always looking for more Theron Shan and Aric romance. ~~

BRKMSN's Avatar


BRKMSN
05.13.2019 , 11:28 PM | #6
I'm not sure what the problem is. Your team should have focused on him and won the match.
We have a zero tolerance policy for intolerance of any kind.

Benirons's Avatar


Benirons
05.13.2019 , 11:33 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Suzsi View Post
PVP nerfs also nerf PVE which most forget. Every time they nerf PVP they break PVE.

Yes. They never should have joined the two, should have remained separate but it didn't so now this is what we deal with.
This wont do much to PVE, if anything. DPS operatives need to do dmg, not heal. That is the healers job. If ever they do NEED to heal, it is a nicher scenario or something went horribly wrong aka outlier case and can be ignored as an adverse impact.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.13.2019 , 11:33 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
What is the merc equivalent? Sorc bubble does not do nearly as much as a kolto probe, and sorc DPS normally dont have the presence to bubble others in an average game.

Feels like u r upset at ur fav class being targetted? Operative DPS can do way too much healing by pressing a few buttons. Healing is way better than a lousy amount of absorb. Sorc bubble has a lockout too, longer on a DPS, it is perfectly fine. imagine 4 DPS operatives. They r unkillable if they just keep throwing a hot on the others every now and then, cause guess what, all the kolto probes in the world stack.
Off healing vs off healing is all that’s needed here. If you want to remove off heal on one class then you need to do it for all. Same as all hybrid specs.

If your problem is it is too powerful, then you don’t ask to have the ability removed, you ask for the ability to be nerfed. Then you provide numbers to support your case.

Just because someone over healed vs your own performance, doesn’t mean an ability needs a nerf. It might mean you need to get better. And considering your post is the first I’ve seen (in this meta) to complain about this ability, I have a feeling it’s most likely your own perception when compared to your own ability.

Also, while I have an Operative. I’m less than mediocre on her, so I mainly use her to farm mats. If I’m going to pvp, I’ll be on my Jugg, Sin, Sorc, Mara, Sniper or Merc. I don’t play a PT or Operative in ranked or regs.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
05.13.2019 , 11:37 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Benirons View Post
This wont do much to PVE, if anything. DPS operatives need to do dmg, not heal. That is the healers job. If ever they do NEED to heal, it is a nicher scenario or something went horribly wrong aka outlier case and can be ignored as an adverse impact.
LoL, maybe you should talk to some good Operatives before making such statements. They are by far the number one at 1v1 pvp in this game and you want to give them more dps, lmao.

Seterade's Avatar


Seterade
05.14.2019 , 12:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
LoL, maybe you should talk to some good Operatives before making such statements. They are by far the number one at 1v1 pvp in this game and you want to give them more dps, lmao.
bangs head against wall*

trixxie... do you know why "nerf ops" is a swtor meme? its because bioware refuses to nerf their dcds. instead they nerf dps. why do they do this and what effect does it have on pvp? they do this because the deciding factor in pve is dps, but the deciding factor in pvp is dcds. this is why "nerf ops" is a comic meme in swtor, the devs hae 0 clue how or even why.

what this guy is suggesting is give ops viable dps and nerf their cds. this is exactly what needs to happen because pve operatives are suffering right now because of low dps and pvp operatives are on top of the food chain because of their dcds. bioware is just too afraid to nerf dcds because thats coming to close to the sun of not holding pvers hands.