Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

April PvP Report

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fortom
05.08.2019 , 07:33 AM | #11
One Question. How do you guys know a person is cheating? As i have wondered. Just if someone reports it. Do they have proof? LIke screenshots? Or videos. But it is good that the Cheaters are getting what they deserved

Nmyownworld
05.08.2019 , 09:03 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeBradley View Post
Punishing Cheating in Unranked PvP

Iíve seen stated concerns that we are not doing enough to catch or punish those who cheat in unranked PvP in addition to our efforts in ranked PvP, and Iíd like to talk about that. To be clear, some of the accounts that we catch for cheating, hacking, botting, or exploiting are from unranked and we punish those cases just as severely. We certainly see less win trading behavior in unranked, but I absolutely agree that we could be more transparent about what we are doing to combat cheating behavior in both areas. I will work with our analytics team to see what additional information I can provide in these reports that is specific to unranked punishments or that would in some way share insight into how we try to deter cheating there as well.
Although I'm not currently a PvPer, I've read your posts. One question I have is in Unranked, would you distinguish a cheater from someone who is woefully unfamiliar with, and bad at, PvPing? I'm not asking for specifics because I get that posting such things would show what you look for. I'm just wondering because if I were to try PvP in Unranked, my new-to-PvP ineptness could, likely would, be interpreted by at least some other players as cheating. Not obvious cheating, like going AFK, but just "I don't have a clue what I'm doing" type of PvP mistakes I can guarantee I'd make.

PuLzZiOn
05.08.2019 , 10:49 AM | #13
My opinion in all this would be good to stop ban people without proof If you are based on the reports made in games, Ca may cause problems, should at least have a direct contact with the player to really see if he cheats or not

omaan
05.08.2019 , 11:12 AM | #14

Hey All,

It took a few extra days, but I wanted to gather some extra information and address some additional points here. Several topics to touch on, so letís get started.

Win Trader Report

In April, we caught and punished 15 accounts for win trading or cheating in PvP. We have:

• Suspended the accounts
  • Reset all ranked ratings of every character on those accounts
  • Removed all of their Ranked PvP Reward Tokens

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to submit reports, evidence, or contacted CS directly. I know we can do a better job gathering these kind of reports which leads me toÖ

Improving Ways to Report Cheating

I have seen a number of you mention that youíd like an easier or better way to report cheating in PvP, and we agree. Iím currently in the process of having a new @SWTOR.com email created specifically for reporting cheating, hacking, or win trading in PvP. This inbox will be managed by myself and a handful of others who can take appropriate actions based on our analysis. Adding this additional method of reporting should make it easier for those that want to submit screenshots or video evidence, and will allow us another avenue of investigation.

I want to reiterate that any reports of cheating that go through the existing in-game tickets are gathered by our CS team, are reviewed by myself and others, and do inform actions that we take against cheating accounts. These existing methods for reporting will not go away, but I do want to also add new and easier ways to report this kind of behavior.

Punishing Cheating in Unranked PvP

Iíve seen stated concerns that we are not doing enough to catch or punish those who cheat in unranked PvP in addition to our efforts in ranked PvP, and Iíd like to talk about that. To be clear, some of the accounts that we catch for cheating, hacking, botting, or exploiting are from unranked and we punish those cases just as severely. We certainly see less win trading behavior in unranked, but I absolutely agree that we could be more transparent about what we are doing to combat cheating behavior in both areas. I will work with our analytics team to see what additional information I can provide in these reports that is specific to unranked punishments or that would in some way share insight into how we try to deter cheating there as well.

Death Volumes

This one may seem like a bit of a tangent, but bear with me, I promise itís related to PvP. We have areas in our game that are called ĎDeath Volumesí, we place these specifically in areas of the world that, for various reasons, should not be accessible. I have seen a thread or two on these forums discussing situations of instant death that several people have theorized are being caused by cheating or hacking. What we suspect is actually happening is that players are coming into contact with a death volume in a place that they would not expect one (up against a locked door on Voidstar for example). I can completely understand how this is an unpleasant or confusing experience, and after speaking with the level designers, we will be working to not only ensure that future volumes are being sized correctly, but also going back to review previously placed ones that may be a bit larger than intended so that they are not exploitable in any way.

There have also recently been reported instances of players hacking or exploiting to get to areas of a PvP map that should never be possible to get to. On top of punishments for the accounts that do this, we are looking at adding death volumes to these places so that even if new hacks or exploits are created, these areas will automatically kill players who cheat to get there.

Yeah, but when?

I realize that there may be some level of frustration regarding the previous threads that have been made for gathering feedback, and the fact that Iím not regularly popping back in those threads to let you know that they are being read or that we as a team are actively discussing the feedback that has been offered. I am reading them (and others), we are actively discussing the ideas, and as we solidify plans, I will absolutely let you know what to expect and when. For context, right now the vast majority of the team is working on the expansion thatís coming later this year. Larger PvP changes are not likely to happen until after 6.0, as there are large, systemic changes coming with it.

I know that the timeline from gathering feedback to actually implementing changes in a huge game is longer than any of us would prefer. I appreciate your patience, and am grateful to all of those that have offered ideas, advice, or suggestions of any kind.

All of the points that Iíve mentioned above in this thread are areas that I can work towards improving now, during this season, and Iím expecting to have demonstrable results to prove it. Iíll have more updates for you in the report next month.

Until next timeÖ

you allowed one bot user to ruin solo ranked on DM for 4 days..... what about this?

TrixxieTriss
05.08.2019 , 05:30 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
you allowed one bot user to ruin solo ranked on DM for 4 days..... what about this?
Wasnít most of that time over the weekend?

Lundorff
05.09.2019 , 12:42 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Wasnít most of that time over the weekend?
It is still taken place, and not only on DM. I played 1 match on SF yesterday, and our tank promptly left when both teams was at 4 players. We got a DPS backfill and we won because they were clueless. I didn't bother reporting any of them as I don't care anymore.

merovejec
05.09.2019 , 01:47 AM | #17

a new @SWTOR.com email created specifically for reporting cheating, hacking, or win trading in PvP. This inbox will be managed by myself and a handful of others who can take appropriate actions based on our analysis.
This is a great idea, but please make sure that if you do have a spam filtere make sure it will let stuff through cause people will be sending links, videos, maybe files etc. So that its not rejected by the server etc.

vast majority of the team is working on the expansion thatís coming later this year. Larger PvP changes are not likely to happen until after 6.0, as there are large, systemic changes coming with it.

I know that the timeline from gathering feedback to actually implementing changes in a huge game is longer than any of us would prefer. I appreciate your patience, and am grateful to all of those that have offered ideas, advice, or suggestions of any kind.
Personnaly I am glad that you are being so honest and provide so much info in general! So even though I was hoping for stuff to be impletement in 6.0 but better late than never.

Quote: Originally Posted by SlimPikinz View Post
1) Is it possible for you to add what servers these accounts were banned on?
This is a good point, maybe it can be implemented.

Quote: Originally Posted by Fortom View Post
One Question. How do you guys know a person is cheating? As i have wondered. Just if someone reports it. Do they have proof? LIke screenshots? Or videos. But it is good that the Cheaters are getting what they deserved
Quote: Originally Posted by PuLzZiOn View Post
My opinion in all this would be good to stop ban people without proof If you are based on the reports made in games, Ca may cause problems, should at least have a direct contact with the player to really see if he cheats or not
lol is it just me or do these posts pop up more and more here. Kinda like people want Mike to tell them their secret People that post here have been playing the game for quite some time. They know the game, the players, the classes, the skills, possibilites etc, they are able to tell apart cheating and normal gameplay to maybe a certainty of 80-90%. Its easy to make a print screen, or even a video if you have the software and are fast enough. Sometimes it happens during a stream and can be simply linked.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

fabsus
05.09.2019 , 03:59 AM | #18
okay. let us do such a report in our mind.

i see a guy flying around the warzone. but because he is behind a border, i cannot get the player in my target. so i tell you, it is darth revan cheating around. i tell you, it was on that time and you see the map, with a screenshot.
now you need to find out, who i am, because i wrote it with a non connected email adress. you need to find out the timezone, because nobody cares about. and you need to check, if that time is correct, because i could have been in a different time zone, anywhere else in the world in a hotel room. so a lots of time passed and you got it.
problem now is, that there is no darth revan, but a darth rÍvŠn and a darth rŤvŠn in the match. and both are wearing a nearly similar gear piece, so hard to identify by the screenshot i sent you. also your logs doesn't show anything suspicious, because if it would, the autoban would work. so case is closed, but you had tons of time wasted.

so what we need is a ingame tool to flag the player during the match, or after the match via the scoreboard. and here we would need to create a report with the possibility to add a text and upload an file, also with the possibility to add something to a report.

everything else is just wastes ressources.
and we already are having the mechanics behind that.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

fabsus
05.09.2019 , 04:05 AM | #19
beside that mind game, i have some other questions.

as you said, the players were set to 1 point in the ranking. so we can search the leaderboard for them. thanks for that, because so we know the others, too. but you also could write the names here inside, too. and hey... renaming tokens are getting more expensive these days.

but i won't understand, why players who get banned for cheating or wintrading, keep their rating on a different server. i mean it is the same player. it is not the server legacy who cheats, it is the player. so there should be an account wide punishment, not just the current legacy.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

Rion_Starkiller
05.09.2019 , 09:07 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by PuLzZiOn View Post
Why do you think they are banning without proof? What good does asking the player if he cheats or not? All he has to say is "no."

You wrote a very strange post.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.