Operations - My thoughts.

As a suggestion, nothing more, and people.. feel free to comment. The next operation you release.. and i know, we won't see it for another year, but put some real thought into it. Let me clarify, what you currently have for operations are nothing more than over glorified Flashpoints. Your player base, and I mean the PvE concentration, will log on Tuesday clear TfB and S&V and then log off until the next week. The reason is, both operations can be done in 1 night by a competent team.

What I am suggesting, is building an operation, that takes several nights to clear. This may require more bosses, or harder bosses, or more trash, or more traveling. Maybe all the above. What you have, is content that is being cleared far too quickly and far too easily.

I know, you have added nightmare modes.... great, but that once on farm (which won't take most long) will then be a 1 night a week operation. Keeping the masses of PvE logging in consistently, does not require that you have 10 operations for them to run, it only requires 1 or 2 that take a long time to clear, and 1 or 2 that can be done quickly. (for those who don't have the time for the longer ones) The masses will log in throughout the week to start and finish whatever content they have chosen for that team. This also keeps content fresh as they are not farming 1 or 2 quick operations. It will require teams a couple of weeks if not a month just to get the mechanics down of a longer operation. (see what i did there, stretched the content out. keep it fresh)

The shorter ones are great for the teams with A.D.D., or not much time.

Your thoughts? Am i off target here?

SL3V1N

The problem is that your average guilds do take 2-3 nights to clear a 7 boss encounter like Scum & Villainy. Only the most elite guilds on the servers clear them in a single night, at least on a consistent basis.

When i say 1 night, i only refer to story mode. Hard mode and nightmare mode are obviously a little more difficult and could take longer.

But Pug groups are clearing this content in 1 night. I was just thinking about content that would take more time and a lot more effort to keep people coming back and trying to clear. I don't want to do away with the 7 boss encounters, i see those as valuable additions, I am just thinking of adding another dynamic.

We don't want to lose the as you put "Elite" players and guilds because the content is too easy or take so little time.

- currently we have all story modes on farm and can clear both in 1 night. by no means are we elite -

When i say 1 night, i only refer to story mode. Hard mode and nightmare mode are obviously a little more difficult and could take longer.

But Pug groups are clearing this content in 1 night. I was just thinking about content that would take more time and a lot more effort to keep people coming back and trying to clear. I don't want to do away with the 7 boss encounters, i see those as valuable additions, I am just thinking of adding another dynamic.

We don't want to lose the as you put "Elite" players and guilds because the content is too easy or take so little time.

- currently we have all story modes on farm and can clear both in 1 night. by no means are we elite -

Well story modes are designed specifically for Pug raids that don't really have the time to commit to 5 hour+ raids. From my experience, you would be hard pressed to find a pug that didn't lose at least one player over the course of a 3-4 hour period...