Finding groups for heroics and flashpoints is rediculously HARD

I'm on the Sanctum of Exalted server(which is often very heavy or full) and ever since level 23 I have not been able to find a single group for heroics or flashpoints. I am level 43 now I doubt I'm that far ahead of everybody cause warzones are loaded full of level 50s.

It has just been the most difficult thing to do is find groups and I can even heal!

Is your server the same way?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rakaa Mind Prison here, Empire side. No issues, whenever I'm ready to run something I just tab over to general , wait a few seconds for someone to spam LFG, then whisper that person, and then once the group quits lollygaggin and gets over to the heroic, we do it.

Best way to get a group for zone heroics is to spam LFG while you're doing other things, and just be prepared to gradually build a couple other members while you're questing. And yes, it's very possible you have outlevelled most of the rest of your server. I've noticed that people level VERY slowly in this game. And the players you see in warzones who are level 50+ may have gotten to level 50 primarily in warzones and rarely leave them. I have two character above level 35 and I feel like I could pretty easily start working on my level 10 alt right now and be on Taris before half the server is off Tatooine. Edited by Mannic

The real problem is just the number of people who just write LFG 3 for _____. I am sorry but I have almost zero compulsion to respond to those adverts in LFG. It tells me not what I need to hear. Is this person DPS, Heals, Tank. or are they looking for one of those. Also, it is really easy to get caught up in questing in this game. I miss guild chat pretty much 80% of the time and have to be whispered to get my attention. That said, I never have much trouble finding groups to do anything. It may take 5 minutes or so of writing something creative and interesting, but at least it gets the job done. Personally, I am glad there is no LFG tool. I appreciate my group mates 3 times more and have grouped with many of the same people, not in my guild, over multiple worlds for heroics and instances. And I am sure my friends list is almost full because of it. Quit being impatient and get creative. If you really want to get it done, you will get it done.

The real problem is just the number of people who just write LFG 3 for _____. I am sorry but I have almost zero compulsion to respond to those adverts in LFG. It tells me not what I need to hear. Is this person DPS, Heals, Tank. or are they looking for one of those. Also, it is really easy to get caught up in questing in this game. I miss guild chat pretty much 80% of the time and have to be whispered to get my attention. That said, I never have much trouble finding groups to do anything. It may take 5 minutes or so of writing something creative and interesting, but at least it gets the job done. Personally, I am glad there is no LFG tool. I appreciate my group mates 3 times more and have grouped with many of the same people, not in my guild, over multiple worlds for heroics and instances. And I am sure my friends list is almost full because of it. Quit being impatient and get creative. If you really want to get it done, you will get it done.

You're taking heroics too seriously, IMO. FP's may need this kind of trinity stacking (though even FP's don't require min-maxers.) I have yet to see a HEROIC 4 in this game that couldn't be three-manned, and most of them can be 2-manned if you're careful (and you both have 1 min. CC.) And there are three DPS classes who can also heal well enough to get you through Heroic content. We're not exactly talking about Rift T2 Experts here. You don't have to have a perfect trinity to do the Heroics.

Edited by Mannic

Can't say this is a problem at all. Getting groups atm is extremely easy in this game, even with my guild all involved in other things, all I have to do is go to the launch point for a mission and form up a group by asking people around if they are interested in a little adventure. Then putting them on my friend list so I can contact them in the future. This game is full of questers, it's really easy to them to group up.

Here is the best way to find a group for your flashpoint.

1. /who

2. Locate the search box at the top. Type in the level range (ex: 30-34)

3. Start whispering people politely to ask them if they want to do a flash point. PROTIP: If you write using complete sentences, you will come across as trustworthy and reliable. People will be more inclined to run with you. If you write something like, "u tnak 4 MgT" .... you probably won't get very far.

4. ????

5. Profit.

Seriously. This is how we used to always have to do things back in the days when LFD didn't even exist.....even in WoW. You might even meet some new friends or something. Crazy idea, I know.

Spamming General is not the way to get things done. I'm just saying.

Edited by belialle

1. /who

3. Start whispering people politely to ask them if they want to do a flash point. PROTIP: If you write using complete sentences, you will come across as trustworthy and reliable. People will be more inclined to run with you. If you write something like, "u tnak 4 MgT" .... you probably won't get very far.

4. ????

5. Profit.

Seriously. This is how we used to always have to do things back in the days when LFD didn't even exist.....even in WoW.

No offence but being whispered with something like this is annoying beyond belief, just as much as guilds advertising their own through whispers, it's also ridiculously rude.

Edited by mesha

1. /who

3. Start whispering people politely to ask them if they want to do a flash point. PROTIP: If you write using complete sentences, you will come across as trustworthy and reliable. If you write something like, "u tnak 4 MgT" .... you probably won't get very far.

4. ????

5. Profit.

Seriously. This is how we used to always have to do things back in the days when LFD didn't even exist.....even in WoW.

This is solid advice. There have been a few times in my MMO career where I've gotten a PM that says something to the effect of; "hey u healz?" I won't even bother to reply to those people because I know what's coming next.

Also, if you keep track of people you've grouped with by putting them on your friends list, you'll gradually build a little database of people you've had good experiences with before and, often, you'll find they are levelling at a very similar rate to you.

But if you outlevel everyone on your friends list and in your guild well, you're truly on your own at that point.

"LFG _____" is the standard fare.

If you don't want that, go to a friggin RP server.

Can't say this is a problem at all. Getting groups atm is extremely easy in this game, even with my guild all involved in other things, all I have to do is go to the launch point for a mission and form up a group by asking people around if they are interested in a little adventure. Then putting them on my friend list so I can contact them in the future. This game is full of questers, it's really easy to them to group up.

Come on, man. It takes nothing away from you to be supportive of someone that is having an issue. They've clearly stated they're having problems. Just because you're not does not mean someone else isn't. Don't be that guy. Please.

I love when people have trouble getting groups and you always see people say stuff like

Oh I can get a group in 5 seconds

Oh just check the /who tab

Oh You don't even need a group for that

Clearly many people have hard time finding groups and there needs to be a much better in game system to help people

Edited by Reevax

. Quit being impatient and get creative. If you really want to get it done, you will get it done.

I don't think the problem is being impatient considering I've gone 20 levels without a single response to a group or even seen anyone else advertise to start a group.

I don't know if it's the face it's an RP server and people turn off chat or what. I'm just hoping that I'm ahead of the curve. I also see no LFG for anything at level 50 yet on the Imperial Fleet at all. My guess that it's if you aren't 50 in a big guild, don't expect to find pugs doing 50 content.

Yes I come from wow like 98% of all the other players after 7 years and one thing I do appreicate from a LFG system is fact I can log on do that damn flashpoint that I've been trying to do for last 8 levels and log off if thats the only time I have left.

To each his own on a LFG system. Some situations its great, some it does hurt community, but it is a tool that allow accessibility and you can't deny that.

1. /who

4. ????

5. Profit.

Seriously. This is how we used to always have to do things back in the days when LFD didn't even exist.....even in WoW. You might even meet some new friends or something. Crazy idea, I know.

Spamming General is not the way to get things done. I'm just saying.

Whispering people you don't know who aren't marked as LFG is generally considered to be rude.

Before WoW had a LFD tool, it had a GLOBAL LFG CHAT. A chat exclusively for LFG people? So that you can find people who want to do dungeons and heroic quests? BRILLIANT

Whispering people you don't know who aren't marked as LFG is generally considered to be rude.

Before WoW had a LFD tool, it had a GLOBAL LFG CHAT. A chat exclusively for LFG people? So that you can find people who want to do dungeons and heroic quests? BRILLIANT

Agreed. Why the lack of a global LFG channel, or zone/lvl range lfg channel is beyond me... hopefully in a patch

This is solid advice. There have been a few times in my MMO career where I've gotten a PM that says something to the effect of; "hey u healz?" I won't even bother to reply to those people because I know what's coming next.

Also, if you keep track of people you've grouped with by putting them on your friends list, you'll gradually build a little database of people you've had good experiences with before and, often, you'll find they are levelling at a very similar rate to you.

But if you outlevel everyone on your friends list and in your guild well, you're truly on your own at that point.

I actually prefer to be whispered. It's more personal, especially if the guy did his research real quick. I used to love getting whispers, i remember one 'Hey, are you a bear, or maybe a tree? Won't you come tank or heal for me? =D''

No offence but being whispered with something like this is annoying beyond belief, just as much as guilds advertising their own through whispers, it's ridiculously rude.

"Hey there. Don't mean to bug ya, but I was just wondering if you might possibly be up for an Athiss run?"

This is rude to you? Actually, what I am about to say is rude: I am inclined to say that if you find this rude, you really need to remove that stick from your ***.

You may not realize this, but in the days before LFD tools, this kind of thing was extremely commonplace. This game doesn't have a WoW-style LFD tool (thankfully), so this is really the best way for people to get things done. What I have found over the years is that LOTS (and I do mean LOTS) of people don't bother to mark themselves as LFG, but when you ask them nicely, they are actually up for a dungeon run.

The best way to make it more acceptable for uptight folks would be to add in a "Do Not Disturb" or "Anonymous" option so that you don't show up on the /who list when people search.

Edited by belialle

Thats not totally true. There was a global channel very briefly but it was the gold sellers wet dream and they got rid of it.

Getting a group during most of LK meant sitting in town spamming trade for a group.

This is the system we have in SWTOR because for some zanny reason people think spamming a trade channel or sending /tells to random people = social and commnity

"Hey there. Don't mean to bug ya, but I was just wondering if you might possibly be up for an Athiss run?"

This is rude to you? Actually what I am about to say is rude: I am inclined to say that if you find this rude, you really need to remove that stick from your ***.

You may not realize this, but in the days before LFD tools, this kind of thing was extremely commonplace. This game doesn't have a WoW-style LFD tool (thankfully), so this is really the best way for people to get things done.

The best way to make it more acceptable for uptight folks like yourself would be to add in a "Do Not Disturb" or "Anonymous" option so that you don't show up on the /who list when people search.

It's basically being whispered with advertisements, so yeah i find it rude AND annoying, maybe it's you who needs to remove the stick from your behind if you think this game couldn't do with a decent LFG tool or chat channel whatever floats your boat.

This is rude to you? Actually what I am about to say is rude: I am inclined to say that if you find this rude, you really need to remove that stick from your ***.

You may not realize this, but in the days before LFD tools, this kind of thing was extremely commonplace. This game doesn't have a WoW-style LFD tool (thankfully), so this is really the best way for people to get things done.

The best way to make it more acceptable for uptight folks like yourself would be to add in a "Do Not Disturb" or "Anonymous" option so that you don't show up on the /who list when people search.

Actually the best way is to advertise LFG/LFM announcements in appropriate generals.

Talking to 100 people who can see it is much more efficient then whispering one person at a time.

Rakaa Mind Prison here, Empire side. No issues, whenever I'm ready to run something I just tab over to general , wait a few seconds for someone to spam LFG, then whisper that person, and then once the group quits lollygaggin and gets over to the heroic, we do it.

Same here, but on The Jekk'Jekk Tarr. No trouble at all getting into a group (with basically the same tactics).