Server PvP Inquiry

TheDanski

Hi JC,

Interested in possibly transferring off the ruins of PoT5 to a PvE centric server on east coast time, however still wanting to PvP competitively. Couple questions:

- How is server population balance? (looking to play Pub full time)

- How are PvP queues, reg and ranked. (if you giggled, its probably not a good sign)

- Is there a dominant faction for PvP on the server, or is it competitive unless one side has a pre made (per current usual throughout).

Trying to make an informed decision before making the move. Thanks!

In my experience (only use this server), the unranked queues are not at all bad. depending on time of day of course. A few minutes. I usually run dailies in PvP gear.

I can not speak to the Ranked queues... I havent ventured there yet.

As for faction balance? I'd say there is a population edge (from my anecdotal experience) to the Republic. As for dominant, I'd have to give that the the Empire. Again, anecdotally.

Faction balance for regs is ok - it mostly comes down to who has the most pre-mades. Generally Imps rule during the day, and it slowly shifts to pubs into the evening (trends I've noticed, but potentially don't have merit).

Overall, the reg community is good (some trash-talking on both sides, but generally mostly good sportsmanship). Pops all times of days and overall fairly balanced.

Ranked has become purely by appointment only, except maybe the first week or two of any season (and generally that's also when you see the people that don't have PvP gear in queue) and the next week or two after rewards are announced. Solo ranked YOLO is generally easy to drum up by spamming both channel /impPvP or /pubPvP and could potentially pop if you encourage people enough around prime-time on any given day (except maybe Tuesdays because of guild conquest and the beginning of the raid week).

Group ranked is a different story all together. Its hard to get going even by appointment - and getting more than 4 teams in queue is nearly impossible. Some guild(s) have even been known to win-trade their way to high rankings (so I've heard) because no other teams are in queue.

1) There are far more imps who play PVP for whatever reason, but I've found this to be the case on every server I've ever been on. A good chunk of them here are ex-pubs. The population is actually larger pub side, but a lot of the folks you'll see queuing are after relics or PVE gear cause they just wanna play a game or two.

2) Imp reg queues are fast and furious. Tons of imp v imp. Pub queues are also pretty quick so long as you don't get out of the rotation. You'll see about two 8-man's worth of folks going at any given time outside of prime time/night time, and at prime time they are seeing pub v pub too.

There is no ranked to speak of as our top two teams sent most of their mains to Harbinger a few days back for the ranked scene there.

3) The server is historically a pub dominated server, however it's imp dominated now unless you're running a strong premade on the pub side. Even scattered pug imps (let's say 2 separate 2 man premades, or just one 2 man) will beat several of the premades you'll see running pub side due to the strength of the solo queuers imp side vs the people on pub soloing.

Since a few of the more active imp ranked PVPers took their mains off the server the queues have balanced a bit, but I'd still give it 60/40 imp.

TLDR: Server is pretty cool for PVP. Most folks are awesome. There's some good and great players here, with just enough mix of the bad to make the majority of the games worthwhile.

The imp advantage is not enough to deter you if you're good (if you are DPS anyway), but you'll wanna try to get in Knights of Havoc/Working as Intended/Stim Addicts/Res Nova pretty quick if you're going pub side to have some folks to play with who are good.

Edited by kizae

If you are actually good like really good then you know players. The community on this sever is great although the pubs tend to get rolled so make sure you get in involved with the right pubs. I recommend res nova they are the best pubs although most of em are actually imps. There are not that many main pubs because most go to the imp side. Although there are enough so you should be fine-Primos

Nobody ques ranked 4s.. regs are the only thing that pops and reg pops stop around 3am Est

try-hard all day/night in regs cuz like I said.. there the only thing that pops on JC.. other then that JC is the place to be! :)

I almost forgot Conquest is legit.. cuz it means so much ! #RPforLife!

Edited by Dukago

PvP itself is pretty active here, full of regstars and premades along with the occasional stim Addicts 8m superq. GRanked never pops because all the "pro" pvp guilds ***** out and never join the queue, and solo, when it does pop, usually consists of mostly pve geared noobs.

impside is strongly dominate here, so if you're coming for pubs, you'd have better luck Harb.

PvP itself is pretty active here, full of regstars and premades along with the occasional stim Addicts 8m superq. GRanked never pops because all the "pro" pvp guilds ***** out and never join the queue, and solo, when it does pop, usually consists of mostly pve geared noobs.

impside is strongly dominate here, so if you're coming for pubs, you'd have better luck Harb.

All superq's on this server are purely accidental. I can assure you.:o

All superq's on this server are purely accidental. I can assure you.:o

If by accident you mean que syncing, than spot on my friend...lol you are the luckiest people in the world for getting super ques if you aren't doing it on purpose:rolleyes:

This server's PVP scene is best described as

. Everyone is a winner and there is "No Line on the Horizon". Some disgruntled pros would wrongly tell you that this is a place
, but trust me if you transfer here you'll find Jedi Covenant will be All That You Can't Leave Behind.

if you want to roll as a pub, though. You might want to find a guild because

Who knows, you could be the

to bring balance to the Force (of Jedi Covenant reg PVP). Edited by Alasdain

Hi JC,

Interested in possibly transferring off the ruins of PoT5 to a PvE centric server on east coast time, however still wanting to PvP competitively. Couple questions:

- How is server population balance? (looking to play Pub full time)

- How are PvP queues, reg and ranked. (if you giggled, its probably not a good sign)

- Is there a dominant faction for PvP on the server, or is it competitive unless one side has a pre made (per current usual throughout).

Trying to make an informed decision before making the move. Thanks!

All PvP players on this server basically stopped playing. Either they stopped or transferred. There is ranked once every 2 months if you're lucky. Balance is good simply because there are so few people left.

Edited by shadowopsx