Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Changes: Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Class Changes: Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mega_Fallos's Avatar


Mega_Fallos
09.25.2017 , 02:27 PM | #31
Excellent news. Full fleet of sins and maras. Every solo pop - 4 sins, 3 maras, 1 merc. Fotm rerollers loves to cry every class changes news. Wanna feel the pain? Try powertech in solo then.
scoundrel Nonono Pleasestop
sentinel Theatre'tragedy
Badhidharmablow sage, Trax-trax marauder,
Knives'Carnival operative TOFN

Elusive_Thing's Avatar


Elusive_Thing
09.25.2017 , 02:29 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
IMO the class didn't need a nerf, and here's why:

Infiltration/Deception has literally nothing going for it but raw DPS. Infil/Decep (and Hatred/Serenity) is the only class that doesn't have a raid buff..
PT? Otherwise I think you had a lot of good points. Well posted.

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
09.25.2017 , 02:29 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by ultimarb View Post
quote from your how class balance works...

Melee Burst/Ranged Sustained Damage Dealers (at the target DPS)

Advanced Prototype Powertech / Tactics Vanguard
Carnage Marauder / Combat Sentinel 10660.70 DPS AFTER NERF
Concealment Operative / Scrapper Scoundrel
Deception Assassin / Infiltration Shadow 10589.22 DPS NOW
Engineering Sniper / Saboteur Gunslinger
Innovative Ordnance Mercenary / Assault Specialist Commando
Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage
Rage Juggernaut / Focus Guardian

Carnage 10,6k dps after nerf....deception 10,5 now...after nerf maybe 10k...
i agree with a nerf as i did with the nerf for arsenal...but please get your math right. the list you postet is a joke if you think this is balanced just dps considerd
Carnage will always have top parses higher than intended until they either fix clipping or balance with clipping in mind. They do neither, so in their view Carnage is a lot lower than it is in reality.

FlavivsAetivs's Avatar


FlavivsAetivs
09.25.2017 , 02:30 PM | #34
I thought powertech/vanguard gets a buff? Still, even then it has more raid utility than Infill/Decep.

Deception/Hatred/Infil/Serenity either need to get a raid buff OR be top DPS. Position requirement needs to be eliminated completely no matter what.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

Elusive_Thing's Avatar


Elusive_Thing
09.25.2017 , 02:33 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
I thought powertech/vanguard gets a buff? Still, even then it has more raid utility than Infill/Decep.

Deception/Hatred/Infil/Serenity either need to get a raid buff OR be top DPS. Position requirement needs to be eliminated completely no matter what.
I meant they have no raid buff, same goes for Juggernauts actually. However, I do agree with what you say about Deception's viability. Even if they did Carnage levels of DPS after the nerf (which they won't do), Marauder is just substantially better.

Krazhez's Avatar


Krazhez
09.25.2017 , 02:35 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
I thought powertech/vanguard gets a buff? Still, even then it has more raid utility than Infill/Decep.

Deception/Hatred/Infil/Serenity either need to get a raid buff OR be top DPS. Position requirement needs to be eliminated completely no matter what.
Raid utility? Pt has sonic rebounder, sins used to have the heal puddle to phase walk...so yes it would appear they have nothing now.

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
09.25.2017 , 02:36 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
I thought powertech/vanguard gets a buff? Still, even then it has more raid utility than Infill/Decep.

Deception/Hatred/Infil/Serenity either need to get a raid buff OR be top DPS. Position requirement needs to be eliminated completely no matter what.
I don't really see how Sin raid utility is lower than that of Pt and Jugg dps.

oli-fynnobi's Avatar


oli-fynnobi
09.25.2017 , 02:38 PM | #38
Chill out guys ffs!

They know what they're doing.....
..... I mean come on: "DevNotes: The Deception / Infiltration discipline was overperforming.."! That's completly right!
Never had such competent Devs!

FlavivsAetivs's Avatar


FlavivsAetivs
09.25.2017 , 02:39 PM | #39
They're all pretty bad. PT at least has rebounder, Jugg an invincible reflect. Shadow has nothing, literally nothing. No puddle for a 2% heal buff like 3.0, no phase walk like 4.0. And no raid buff - the 5% damage raid buff of a mara trumped a sin before this nerf. As usual it now utterly destroys any usefulness of a sin. Serenity/Hatred should technically be outparsing Deception but death field on them got nerfed to oblivion (starting in 3.1.1 but nerfed even more over the past 2 years) because of sages so they're basically a useless spec.

Stealth Rez doesn't do much for raid utility. It's either tied to your rotation, or you're going to loose a lot of DPS using it. And that's if it works, because it's currently broken for some people. It breaks off at 2.4 seconds each time for literally no reason every time I use it, and no it's not AOE/heals/etc.

The only thing we briefly had was the ability to reflect and cheese stuff for a little while, but they quickly removed all of that and capped reflect. We cheese things with phase walk as tanks/dps in 4.X (useful for the beam on revan 1st floor, for example). Can't do that anymore either.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
<Aeterna Vigilantia>
Jedi Covenant

AdjeYo's Avatar


AdjeYo
09.25.2017 , 02:41 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by FlavivsAetivs View Post
They're all pretty bad. PT at least has rebounder. Shadow has nothing, literally nothing. No puddle for a 2% heal buff like 3.0, no phase walk like 4.0. And no raid buff - the 5% damage raid buff of a mara trumped a sin before this nerf. As usual it now utterly destroys any usefulness of a sin.

Stealth Rez doesn't do much for raid utility. It's either tied to your rotation, or you're going to loose a lot of DPS using it. And that's if it works, because it's currently broken for some people. It breaks off at 2.4 seconds each time for literally no reason every time I use it, and no it's not AOE/heals/etc.
There's still the 5% reduced damage taken and the piss poor heal on AoE taunt. It's nothing special, but it's not nothing. I'd say that's around the same level of usefulness as Sonic Rebounder. Would be outclassed by Jugg AoE taunt buff if absorb shields didn't have the nasty habit of overriding each other, making it worse than nothing a lot of the time if you have a sorc healer.