as tank,how choice the skillful、masterful........

xmhzs

Are you looking for utilities? For pve or pvp?

For pve i generally take:

the aoe gives you focus, the self heal on cc break, and the damage increase on cyclone slash

Next tier: guardianship since it seems to be fixed, leap grants push pull immunity, and force stasis cd reduction

Next tier: reduced cd on FD

Last tier: reflect is longer and high threat.

The only two i really consider important are the last two. The reflect being high threat is absolutely mandatory for tanks in pve. It makes reflect an aggro tool without parallel.

For pvp i generally take:

Cc break heal and master strike immobilize

Leap grants push pull immunity and force stasis cd reduction

FD self heal and stun DR

Reflect is longer and saber throw immobilize/awe cd reduction

In this case i was surprised at how much i enjoyed the awe cd reduction (i only took it after the freezing force nerf a while back). I swapped to this utility after said nerf for the saber throw immobilize but have truly enjoyed having the awe reduction too. Its saved me a few times now.

Also, this forum is so dead... am i the only guardian tank left giving advice?

For PvE the following utilities I consider more or less mandatory:

Skillfull: Nothing here is really mandatory in my opinion.

Masterful: Unshackling Rage/Focused Freedom is just an amazing movement utility, Sonic Wall/Guardianship is really good assuming it has been fixed.*

Heroic: Through Passion/Through Peace is just really really good.

Legendary: Intimidating Presence/Daunting Presence is just mandatory.

Apart from that some good choices include:

Skillfull: Path Carver/Trailblazer for fights with adds, Warmonger/Battlefield Command for some extra mobility and Deadly Reprisal/Narrowed Focus is nice if you don't need the other two, but I don't feel the extra Rage/Focus is really needed.

Masterful: Unstoppable/Unremitting is good for a select few fights, probably drop Sonic Wall/Guardianship for this if you need it.

Heroic: War Bringer/Ardent Advocate can be a nice option for some extra damage, Consuming Rage/Peaceful Focus is also nice to have a self cleanse, this will heavily depend on the fight.

Legendary: Through Victory/Cut Loose can be quite nice to have Mad Dash/Blade Blitz always ready to mitigate big hits if you need it, but the cooldown reduction is often redundant. The rest here is pretty mediocre for PvPE you could go back and get one from a lower tier instead.

Really most of it is up to personal preference really, I really seriously recommend the ones I consider mandatory and playing around with the others to find what fits you best. For PvP it's even more up to personal preference, but this is what I usually end up running as tank in PvP:

Skillfull: Payback/Second Wind and Overwhelm/Debilitation.

Masterful: Unshackling Rage/Focused Freedom, Unstoppable/Unremitting and Pooled Hatred/Gather Strength.

Heroic: Through Passion/Through Peace (and one Masterful)

Legendary: Through Victory/Cut Loose and Reckoning/Thwart

*This utility used to bug out and overlap Sorc/Sage shields, I don't know if it still does. If it does, this utility is probably a detriment, otherwise it's very solid.

Edited by AdjeYo

In this case i was surprised at how much i enjoyed the awe cd reduction (i only took it after the freezing force nerf a while back). I swapped to this utility after said nerf for the saber throw immobilize but have truly enjoyed having the awe reduction too. Its saved me a few times now.

I'm actually still pretty mad about this change. Back before the Freezing Force nerf, the Awe Cooldown reduction was packaged with a lower cooldown better Guardian Leap and I always took that utility as a tank. Now I end up having to choose between the two because they put the Guardian Leap buff on Thwart, which I usually end up taking because I think Guardian Leap is an amazing defensive tool. But then I'm losing the cd reduction on Awe which is also a great defensive tool. Honestly I might drop Through Victory/Cut Loose and just get both.

I only PvP so not much overall insight but here are my go to...

Skillful-

Second Wind: This is a must take as a tank reducing resolute and making it a heal

Personal preference with many liking Blade barrage

Materful-

Gather Strength: Is the normal go to.

Focused Freedom or Unremitting depending on whether you like you free movement proactive or reactive.

Heroic-

Through Peace: Reduce cd on a self heal is very strong

Stalwart Defense: Reducing damage while stun helps keep you up which is necessary for our primary job description

Legendary-

Jedi warden- This has become my go to as reducing the cd on Awe and Force Push is just too strong in PvP

Personal preference