2 questions for those who have played JGuard 30+

Domone

I've hit a bit of a lull in my experience with my Jguard. The gameplay just isn't as fun as I was hoping while tanking, but I am familiar with a variety of MMOs where it takes awhile for some classes to come in their own.

In beta I played a vanguard till about 19, i hated him at first but by time i hit 16+ I fell in love with the gameplay.

I'm waiting for that moment with the Jedi Guardian. So my question is, does the JG just play kind of sluggish? Or does it pick up? My threat isn't good at all given I have no +threat abilities and only 1 aoe and a taunt.

my 2nd question is more about talents. I have seen a few builds but most are lvl 50. I like the idea of mixing Vigi and Def but most times when i play MMOs its better to stick to 1 tree until you finish before switching over. Does the same apply here? How are you guys spending your points as you level? ATM i have 11 points in defense and 5 in vigi.

Any recommendations would be great. I'm slowly working my way to overhead strike.

I've hit a bit of a lull in my experience with my Jguard. The gameplay just isn't as fun as I was hoping while tanking, but I am familiar with a variety of MMOs where it takes awhile for some classes to come in their own.

In beta I played a vanguard till about 19, i hated him at first but by time i hit 16+ I fell in love with the gameplay.

I'm waiting for that moment with the Jedi Guardian. So my question is, does the JG just play kind of sluggish? Or does it pick up? My threat isn't good at all given I have no +threat abilities and only 1 aoe and a taunt.

my 2nd question is more about talents. I have seen a few builds but most are lvl 50. I like the idea of mixing Vigi and Def but most times when i play MMOs its better to stick to 1 tree until you finish before switching over. Does the same apply here? How are you guys spending your points as you level? ATM i have 11 points in defense and 5 in vigi.

Any recommendations would be great. I'm slowly working my way to overhead strike.

I got up to level 32 in beta with my Guardian. I never felt a lull at any point, but maybe that was just me. At the time I had put everything into Defense.

Now I'm planning to do the Defense/Vigilance build. I'm basically putting points into Defense until I'm high enough to get Riposte to cost only 1 Focus then I'm switching to Vigilance (and starting with Swelling Winds). My goal is to get Effluence ASAP once my Riposte stops costing a fortune. After that I'm not sure if I want to try to get Overhead Slash, or if I want to finish up the rest of the Defense tree. I'll play it by ear.

My advice to you is this... Figure out what in your trees is the most important to you and pick whatever skills will get you those things the fastest. Once you accomplish that, fill out the rest.

Edited by Atamasama