Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

blinkerathome
07.21.2017 , 02:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
[*]A new feature on the in-game Preference screen has been added for higher graphic settings to improve the realism of contrast and shadows.
This doesn't help at all when people with decent hardware have problems running 16m content. Going into the sub 10 fps region with all the 'fancy' animations and stuff that's constantly getting added even in lowest option aka. potato mode is not really fun at all. And those people usually can run other games on high or ultra settings with no fps problems at all.
And it get's worse with the new areas added. I hope you actually tested graphics performance in the new operation instance with 16 people present, it is not fun at all (same with unranked pvp). Who cares about smooth 60fps doing planetary missions when performance goes down the drain as soon as you enter areas with multiple characters/mobs/bosses doing their animations.
Maybe it is time to invest some development towards the extremely under performing game engine...
'Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping
on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts.'

Referral code Click for goodies.

Glower
07.21.2017 , 02:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LanternsUnite View Post
You do know that they said they will be adjusting survivability for ALL classes after they adjusted DPS and HPS values for pretty much most specs?
i.e. 90-9000 days to adjust it. GG! PvP Mercs are FOTY already.
SWTOR goes F2P; 2014 PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)
2014 cantina, A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
2016 livestream: "RNG is exciting"; Summer 2018 PvP changes - finally, Bioware delivers...

Sargrith
07.21.2017 , 02:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by T_T_P View Post
Are Annihilation/Watchman and Deception/Infiltration going to receive changes later or are they at their target dps already?
If they are the target then dps jugs and PTs need some buffing dps whose and their defenses need to be greatly increased.

DarthSpuds
07.21.2017 , 02:53 PM | #24
[*]Class balance – The following Disciplines are receiving changes (details will follow in the next few weeks):
  • Lethality / Ruffian
  • Concealment / Scrapper
  • Medicine / Sawbones
  • Fury / Concentration
  • Carnage / Combat
So Sage/Sorc will be expected to continue on with not one viable discipline now.

Healers just took a huge nerf, but to do it you nerfed base class skills as well, and Healer was the only really viable end-game discipline.

Can you please explain why you chose to Nerf the ONLY end-game viable build for Sage/Sorc BEFORE buffing one of the other builds?

Are those of who us main a TK Sage or Lighning Sorc (I do both) getting some form of compensation for being non-viable for over half a year, because of deliberate choices by Bioware?

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Eshvara
07.21.2017 , 02:54 PM | #25
Thanks for the update! Senya's hairstyles and the others will be a nice addition.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

LordTurin
07.21.2017 , 02:54 PM | #26
You guys seriously have to publish at the very least the rank tiers way earlier than you have been. This is absolutely ridiculous that we still have no idea what our toons have to be at to get Gold tier.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

LtGeneralGezlin
07.21.2017 , 02:55 PM | #27
Hey everyone,
[*]Companion Customization – Senya Tirall can now have her weapons and armor customized. Also, Lana, Koth, and Senya’s hairstyles are available for purchase to customize your character.

I have a question about this. Lana and Koth have different "head sculpts" if you remove their "Traditional Armor" customizations", while Koth looks the same as he did for the most part, Lana looks totally different than she did in KotFE/KotET. Was that intended? I liked Lana's look in KotFE/KotET, but thought it was time she got out of that gray outfit, but I didn't want to change her apperance, just to change her armor. Will the same happen for Senya's head sculpt if we remove her "Traditional Armor customization?
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

LanternsUnite
07.21.2017 , 02:55 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
So Sage/Sorc will be expected to continue on with not one viable discipline now.

Healers just took a huge nerf, but to do it you nerfed base class skills as well, and Healer was the only really viable end-game discipline.

Can you please explain why you chose to Nerf the ONLY end-game viable build for Sage/Sorc BEFORE buffing one of the other builds?

Are those of who us main a TK Sage or Lighning Sorc (I do both) getting some form of compensation for being non-viable for over half a year, because of deliberate choices by Bioware?

All The Best
Considering that good madness sorcs can now compete with virulence snipers and arsenal mercs and people still consider those viable, I think madness sorcs can be considered viable especially when people completed NiM Ops prior to 5.3 as a DPS Sorc already.
Sarctyc
Harbringer/TRE Operative PvPer/PvEr
Clickbait for Stuff

Jerba
07.21.2017 , 02:56 PM | #29
So no new operation boss with 5.4?
Oh well, thanks for the update as always!

Not yet sure how I feel about the "average gear rating". First of all, can you please detail how this is calculated? For example, do you include setbonus, augments and color crystals in the rating? Also, will the average gear rating be publicly visible in the character screen, or just visible to yourself?
My fear is that this will lead to more hostility in SWTOR. In WoW, where AIL has been used for a long time, players frequently have to include their AIL when responding to LFGs. It is too early to tell what impact this will have in SWTOR.
But I do know that most (or all?) MM flashpoints are beatable without 242 gear. I always like to run MM flashpoints outside of raids and carry new players through them. I fear this will no longer be possible post-5.4; there will be even fewer players queueing for them.

Dewlmenow
07.21.2017 , 02:58 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
No changes to dps pt's defenses? It will continue to die in 5 seconds in both ranked and unranked?

I also hope you are not planning to nerf concealment dps since its dps is already BAD, this spec has good survivability but very low dps. On the contrary, ruffian is indeed a bit opped i think, but i dont think that it needs huge nerfs

And wow, touching the most balanced class in the game(marauder)? They didn't need any adjustments, it is a perfect balanced class.

WHERE is legacy wide Unessembled components? You promised us that!
So sorcs are close to being op, yet maras and concealment are fine/bad? Not sure how you get to that thought, but it certainly wasn't through logic.