Phase Walk Bugged?

jibboo

I have a feeling that there's an issue with it, but maybe I just don't understand its limitations fully.

Here's the scenario:

- Did the initial cast at a pylon in Ancient Hypergates

- Did some running around and decided to warp back

- Activated the warp and nothing happened, but it acted like I activated it as the cooldown count started

This has happened at least 6-7 times to me, all in random warzones.

Am I doing something wrong? I know of at least two of those times I was out of combat, and had full control of my character.

Were you within 60 metres?

However, one other bug was mentioned when two of us (as assassins) were dueling). What happened was that I used phase walk and then force lightning. The person I was dueling against, said they could not see the lightning nor my character model, until I moved a little again (somewhat like a load issue). He tested something similar, and I too, saw his character model disappear, fly off, then reappear probably where he was after he teleported.

It makes me wonder if this is a rendering issue.

The phase walk is only active for 2 minutes... after that it goes on cooldown if you haven't used it by then.

Maybe you tried to use it just as the 2 min timer expired? Then it would seem that you tried to phase walk, but it went on cooldown without doing anything.

Here's the issue, you don't reclick the icon, you right click the buff off your buff bar... Reclicking whilst stationary will make you recast a new spot...

Not true in my experience. Clicking the icon a second time will activate the teleport and put the skill on CD.

Yea this confuses me as well. I have been in combat and used it to escape and it is 50/50 on if it will work or not. I also think if you have a dot on you phase walk will not work, but dont quote me on that because im not sure. Im at work at the moment and cant test it out.

EDIT: Iv also noticed with my powertech is that if you have anything targeted you can not load your shoulder cannon. This bug might be the same with phase walk, ill have to test this when i get home.

Edited by Caoboi

If you try to phase walk while you're outside the range it simply gets rid of your last Phase Walk and puts it on CD and I susepct this is probably what's happening here. Although the casting appears to be instantaneous, it seems like it takes about one GCD before you actually teleport so it might be possible for you to have walked just far enough away out of the range before it's done teleporting.

The only thing like this I've noticed is that you have to be stationary for it to work, trying to phase walk while moving resets it. Could this be the problem?

That's not the case.

I just tested and not only was I able to get it working while moving, but also while jumping around and moving.

If you try to phase walk while you're outside the range it simply gets rid of your last Phase Walk and puts it on CD and I susepct this is probably what's happening here. .

That may be the case for most of the instances, but I know that there were a few where the icon was lit up like it was in range.

Either way, I think it should give you an Out of Range error when you try to cast it instead of just resetting it.

I tested this by using phase walk well within 60m (usually about 20-30m away) and out of 8-9 tries, 2 failed. By failed I mean the skill went on cd but did not teleport me to the mark. So it does seem to be bugged.

From experience using it in wzs, it seems to work more reliably if you're moving when you use it.

I am finding this to happen so consistently in Huttball that I am wondering whether or not they intentionally barred it from being used in the opponents end. I will place it in the endzone right on the edge to get back there later. If I try using it from the pit, I reliably go back into the endzone. However, if I try using it from closer to the acid pit - still in range, of course - it just goes on cooldown and does not warp me back.