Killing Admiral Shai (BH stroy quest on Ilum)

Faloma

Has anyone else had problems with the quest "A New Order" on Ilum?

I advance fine threw half the quest np until I reached Shai. I brought down the shield and prepared myself to a solo mission boss fight. I initiate the fight and it goes well to start. Until about 2/3 the threw the fight. All of a sudden my heals on me do "0". With out any heals I just cant kill this guy. Now I notice there are 2-4 debuffs that gets to 6 applications, I am guessing one of those are causing it. I know my companion Mako and my cure ability should be able to drop them but they don't.

I have no clue how to proceed at this point and am wondering what you guys have done or any suggestions.

I killed him by staying out of range so the debuff runs off. I used a tanking companion to take the blows in the beginning so i could nuke him down while not getting the debuff.

As soon as he applied the buff i kept running around so he wouldn't apply more stacks, once they fall off engage him again.

interesting idea... I like it.

I might have to give that a try but I am also thinking about just getting a friend to help at this point. I don't feel like paying another 30k on repairs but thanks again for the info.

• 1 month later...
Couldn't do this solo after 11k in repairs. He still applied the buff to me while trying to kite him and it took like 30s to a minute to wear off. In the mean time he was killing Mako. Neither Mako nor my cure's did anything. Had to get a lvl 50 powertech to come and help me finish off a solo elite. Hardest/most bugged fight that I've seen in game yet.

I had some issues on this fight while soloing it as an Arsenal specced Merc. To beat it, I eventually dropped Mako and forced Gault to fight. The additional damage done is what I needed to complete the fight. I still received 6 stacks of the healing debuff, but I was finally able to complete it.

I died once, not paying attention (debuffs hurt). All you have to do is fight next to your companion. He spawns right next to him/her and use Rocket Punch (int his casting). I didn't even get to 4 stacks and he died. I was at 95% life with only Vent Heat used. I was also using Mako and I tanked the fight. The fight is a test of interupts and dps.

The guy is a pain because BH's lack interrupts. He's not super easy with other classes, but definitely rougher on BHs. Anyway, think what I did was disable Blizz's taunts until the admiral was at the point where he would use his super debuff. Then I let Blizz actually tank.

Wait wait wait wait wait!

There's class story quests on ilum? After finishing my class questline on the battleship I never did any Ilum quests (because why bother, I'm only interested in PVP at endgame). So there's BH specific quests there?

Sweet.

Nope, not BH specific. Everyone gets them. Well, everyone Empire anyway.

The guy is a pain because BH's lack interrupts. He's not super easy with other classes, but definitely rougher on BHs. Anyway, think what I did was disable Blizz's taunts until the admiral was at the point where he would use his super debuff. Then I let Blizz actually tank.

Powertechs DO have an interrupt, more than 1 even if you count grapple and stuns.

Nope, not BH specific. Everyone gets them. Well, everyone Empire anyway.

Ah OK, I was confused because of the thread title :D

• 4 years later...
I died once, not paying attention (debuffs hurt). All you have to do is fight next to your companion. He spawns right next to him/her and use Rocket Punch (int his casting). I didn't even get to 4 stacks and he died. I was at 95% life with only Vent Heat used. I was also using Mako and I tanked the fight. The fight is a test of interupts and dps.

At first, I too had trouble, but I took that advice and it worked. I stayed right next to my companion and used a stim when my health got a bit low, but I beat Shai rather easily.

• 3 years later...
Im a level 50 BH and i can not get passed this guy no matter what i do. I keep getting my armor repaired. I swapped out Mako for Gault I stood next to him and died. I ran around and died. This is getting hopeless and to doest look like BHs can skip this mission. I am open to more suggestions/ Edited by JasterWessteri

• 2 weeks later...
Im a level 50 BH and i can not get passed this guy no matter what i do. I keep getting my armor repaired. I swapped out Mako for Gault I stood next to him and died. I ran around and died. This is getting hopeless and to doest look like BHs can skip this mission. I am open to more suggestions/

Was stuck on the same spot, set your companion to tank. I didn’t get the debuffs when I did that.

• 1 year later...
It's 2022 and this fight still sucks. I know I did this on a different toon years ago but couldn't remember how I did it. After probably 15-20k in repairs I came here. Tried the fight next to companion method, didn't work. I set Torian to tank, let him do most of the fighting and I stayed as far away as possible while still being able to shoot. Worked on the 1st try.