Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swtor playerbase in a nutshell

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Swtor playerbase in a nutshell

Templock
06.05.2019 , 09:33 AM | #11
I like how you've all simply reworded my post and agreed to it.

ZeroTypeR
06.05.2019 , 09:52 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This is how I feel and I’m sure many others do too.

No reward to play fun content = “reward not needed”

Good reward to play content I don’t like or can’t play = “pissed off player who feels forced to play it to get something they want or need”

It’s the second one that angers most people.

I’m a pvper, I only really enjoy pvp. Why should I have to play NiM OPs to get my 258 weapon for pvp or mats to cratf with.
Why should I have to do any pve content at all to gear for pvp? It just shouldn’t happen and it’s driven many pvpers from the game.
This ^.

Also, I don't do OPs of any kind, don't play GSF, and rarely ever play Flashpoints above Veteran difficulty. I play solo and I play PVP unranked, so why would I bother torturing myself by playing content that I don't even care about, for a few shinnies?

To give more perspective, I didn't even participate in the DvL event, why? Because I refused to 'rush' through the content that I like, for a few shinnies.

JediQuaker
06.05.2019 , 11:10 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
If I love it, well then everyone should love it. My opinion is the penultimate compass of life that determines all what is good or bad. Any disagreements with my internal compass will be met with disdain and resentment, and in some cases hatred.
I agree with this, but just to be pedantic, "penultimate" means "next to last" - I suspect you just meant "ultimate".
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Rion_Starkiller
06.05.2019 , 01:17 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
This entire thread is leaving out Space Barbies™ as a play option.
Sooo true. While I don't care to decorate my Strongholds because I find it too tedious and too real-life-ish, I love a good outfit. Gotta look good, you know *chews on his Rascal's Toothpick*
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

OlBuzzard
06.05.2019 , 01:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This is how I feel and I’m sure many others do too.

No reward to play fun content = “reward not needed”

Good reward to play content I don’t like or can’t play = “pissed off player who feels forced to play it to get something they want or need”

It’s the second one that angers most people.

I’m a pvper, I only really enjoy pvp. Why should I have to play NiM OPs to get my 258 weapon for pvp or mats to cratf with.
Why should I have to do any pve content at all to gear for pvp? It just shouldn’t happen and it’s driven many pvpers from the game.
You are quite correct... The opposite is also true: too many items and or missions in KotFE / ET where in order to get the rest of yor crew back a player was "forced" into PvP. This IMO compeled a lot of players who cared nothing for PvP into PvP ques with no concern for what the out come was or HOW they went about playing the round once they were in there.

Again... many simply endured the matter and moved on. A number left the game and could care less about what happens next. I tried to by pass or ignore the missions and consequently I have a handful of companions that I still need to claim.

IMO... better to create a setting where players REALLY want that part of the game and are ALL IN ... regardless of whether it's PvP or PvE.

The game needs BOTH groups of players. Neither is above the other. We need each other as a community in order to make things work for all concerned.

Yes: I really believe that.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

Stellarcrusade
06.05.2019 , 03:07 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
No reward = "No reason to do it"
Good reward = "Why are you forcing me to do it?"
This view is over simplified. The problem is the designers do not understand it either. No part of a game should ever feel like you are being forced. Games should be fun, and it shouldn't take 1 million years of doing stuff you hate to get to the fun either. If you make the game feel rewarding to play, it will be fun to play. How to do this?

1.) Get rid of the need to do repetitive daily activities on a long grind to get anything.
2.) Create content and zones that are fun and diverse to explore and do things in, such that whatever gains the player needs he/she is gaining automatically while having fun, and thus no grind is perceived.
3.) Provide lots of ways to gain anything, to fit into all play styles and not become repetitive. Choice is king.

AND NEVER CREATE ANYTHING THAT IS SO GRINDY AND OUT OF REACH THAT PLAYERS DECIDE TO SKIP IT ALL TOGETHER.

TrixxieTriss
06.05.2019 , 10:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
This entire thread is leaving out Space Barbies™ as a play option.
How so?

TrixxieTriss
06.05.2019 , 10:23 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
I like how you've all simply reworded my post and agreed to it.
We expanded on it because it was too overly simplistic

TrixxieTriss
06.05.2019 , 10:28 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Hey explain this "whale" term. I seen it for years now, and never found the real meaning of what "whales" are in the sense of internet forums and games. Can someone explain what a "whale" is, in this sense?
Whales are usually people who have lots of real life cash to throw at a game to advance their game play or p2w.

In swtor, that means people who spend lots of cash on the CM to sell on the GTN to obtain lots of in game credits or to get specific items they want without having to buy them on the GTN.

It’s the whales that keep the CM ticking over and help keep the game a float so subs don’t have to bear all the financial burden.

I guess you could also call people whales if they have Billions of credits in the game, but they aren’t usually referred to as such.

UmbralSpirit
06.06.2019 , 10:43 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by OlBuzzard View Post
This IMO compeled a lot of players who cared nothing for PvP into PvP ques with no concern for what the out come was or HOW they went about playing the round once they were in there.
That's how i went about unlocking the Feats of Strength achievement and that wasn't the first time, i did the same during DvL and i'm not ashamed of it, if PvPers don't like it they can tell the Devs to stop putting rewards behind PvP walls.