Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current Meta

Atheanas
03.22.2020 , 10:36 AM | #1
Hey guys. Im a long absent player returning due to quarantine. Whats the current pvp meta? I have just about all the classes but im also going to advance through the storylines i missed while pvping on the site. Any hints on 4v4 and wz?

Lhancelot
03.22.2020 , 10:46 AM | #2
Operative, Merc, Sorc = healers in order of best to worst.

Operative, Maurauder, Sniper, PT, Sorc, Sin, Merc, Jugg = DPS in order of best to worst.

Jugg, Sin, PT = TANKS in order of best to worst.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

Atheanas
03.22.2020 , 10:48 AM | #3
Gracias!

Lhancelot
03.22.2020 , 11:20 AM | #4
You probably will get a variety of answers. But the one thing everyone agrees on is that they need to #NERFOPERATIVES asap! Kidding aside, they really are at the top of the lists.

Also, a plus with stealths is if you want to run MM FPs solo, like Red Reaper for gears you can do it. You can gear up fastest this way supposedly.

I ended up just gearing my healing merc via vet mode FPs, and yeah it's been sort of slow but consistent anyway. And low stress. I usually put it on Hammer Station only, because that's what everyone does now and it's a fast pop.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

septru
03.22.2020 , 11:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Operative, Maurauder, Sniper, PT, Sorc, Sin, Merc, Jugg = DPS in order of best to worst.

Jugg, Sin, PT = TANKS in order of best to worst.
Hard disagree.

Operative>pt>Sorc>Sin>Mara>Merc>sniper>jugg = DPS in order of best to worst.

jugg>pt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sin = TANKS in order of best to worst.

but ofc, an actual discussion about the meta is far more complex and detailed than the overly simplified model above.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

Atheanas
03.22.2020 , 11:36 AM | #6
so it seems for dps and heals operative is considered the meta. Would lethality or concealment be stronger? I played lethality back in the day and enjoyed it but that was years ago.

KendraP
03.22.2020 , 11:38 AM | #7
Obligatory play what you want because there are class changes in the works anyway.

For example despite the fact its probably the worst dps class, I play a vigi guardian any time I'm solo because it's my class. AMD I too have one of every advanced class.

Atheanas
03.22.2020 , 12:13 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Obligatory play what you want because there are class changes in the works anyway.

For example despite the fact its probably the worst dps class, I play a vigi guardian any time I'm solo because it's my class. AMD I too have one of every advanced class.
Indeed. And some people are better at certain classes than they are at the others. I had a pretty fun arcane mage on another game back in the day.

I just ask the meta because it IS more fun to do well in pvp, all things else equal (ie you enjoy things equal etc etc) hell i may make a healer because i do well at that as well.

Just wanted to know the meta to avoid frustration is all Thank you everyone. You have all been very very helpful.

Floplag
03.22.2020 , 12:30 PM | #9
2 sides to this,
What can you do well on with minimal, effort, and what presents a challenge.
Which you choose is of course your choice
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

Lundorff
03.22.2020 , 01:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
Hard disagree.

Operative>pt>Sorc>Sin>Mara>Merc>sniper>jugg = DPS in order of best to worst.
PT at number 2? I assume you mean Pyro, but why place it so far ahead? Isn't the meta still "Kill PT first they can't escape"? Do you mean TR?