Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What's the reason why people don't care anymore about objectives? The maps are bad.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
What's the reason why people don't care anymore about objectives? The maps are bad.

Pekish's Avatar


Pekish
03.11.2020 , 10:32 AM | #11
I always play the objective so you presuming that I don't is part of the problem

I play objective but I can see why people don't and can analyze it differently than you that just say people are dumb I can come up with a lot of reason why people do that and honestly, they are as reasonable as yours "I play to win" true pvp ROAR play to win those idiots dps braggers <very mature

reasons that you seem don't want to accept but that are real for many!
once you get off your horse "people sux" and stop looking down from your ivory tower of "TRUE PVPER" and accept that people do that for a good reason (actually 4 as i mentioned) maybe we can try to change it (starting with the reward!)

otherwise keep thinking you are better nobler more focused than other people if that is what makes you hard to them is dps that make them hard I don't see any difference between yours and their attitude.
Lack of understanding of another way of play that is different than what you think is right is part of the problem

UltraFlashStar's Avatar


UltraFlashStar
03.11.2020 , 10:49 AM | #12
The problem is that you canít make one match of PvP reward the small amount as an Operation completion. Even the PvP daily doesnít even equal one SM completion.
Coppes
STAR WARS: The Last Ruffian

Kirpputori's Avatar


Kirpputori
03.11.2020 , 01:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Odessen: This map is the worst.
you say you hate odessen
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
My suggestion:
1 - Re-design the maps (not huttball) to have ONE active node only, this way people HAVE TO engage combat in order to win, people will have to learn GROUP combat to win the game.
but then you want to turn every map basically into odessen
Refuzed
<Rave Into Space>

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
03.11.2020 , 03:57 PM | #14
I don't get it. If you want no objectives, except to solely kill people, queue ranked.
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Floplag's Avatar


Floplag
03.11.2020 , 04:41 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I don't get it. If you want no objectives except to solely kill people, queue ranked.
Thank you.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
03.11.2020 , 06:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I don't get it. If you want no objectives except to solely kill people, queue ranked.
Agreed

jimmorrisson's Avatar


jimmorrisson
03.11.2020 , 08:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
queue wintrading
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
Agreed
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Thank you.
.....

Nemmar's Avatar


Nemmar
03.11.2020 , 10:33 PM | #18
So... the maps are bad cause they require you to care about objectives rather than deathmatch?

Color me impressed. Probably the most ridiculous thread ive seen in this forum so far!

snave's Avatar


snave
03.12.2020 , 06:05 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Long story short: In order to WIN a match you have to AVOID pvp completely.
Pvp'ers want to PVP, they don't want to avoid combat and team fights, they want to engage in combat all the time and kill the enemy. The team fights are very fun and that's what the vast majority wants.
Maps are designed in a way that the LESS combat engagement the better if you want to win the match.

Voidstar: You have to either wipe the enemy team or AVOID combat going for the other door.
Novare: AVOID combat going from node to node to capture it.
Hypergates: Again you have to completely avoid combat to run orbs and capture the pylons.
Civil War and Yavin: Go to empty nodes to capture it and AFK for 15 minutes, that's NOT a good PLAYER VS PLAYER design.
Odessen: This map is the worst, you literally avoid combat at all cost if you want to win.
Huttball is just a terrible mess, it pops way TOO MUCH and it's broken due to de-sync, slow stacking, roots, ultra mobile classes, ping issues (whoever has lower MS ping wins the ball at mid). So people just don't care about winning anymore, they just stand at mid pvp'ing.

Some of you will say "if you want team fight queue up for ranked". Well many people don't like ranked for its insane toxicity.

My suggestion:
1 - Re-design the maps (not huttball) to have ONE active node only, this way people HAVE TO engage combat in order to win, people will have to learn GROUP combat to win the game.
To win the game you have to either wipe the enemy team in order to capture the node or you coordinate with your team to distract the enemy while someone cap it.

2 - Reduce the warzone timer to 10 minutes because there will be cases where neither team will be wiped out and the node won't be captured, whoever has the most kills wins the game. Believe me 10 minutes 100% engaged in combat is a lot of time.

Will Bioware do it or even TEST it in the PTR? Most unlikely, but somehow we still have hope.
This is the dumbest map analysis I've ever read and I feel bad you typed it all out.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
03.12.2020 , 10:36 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
.....
Wintrading is considerably lessened by having a larger number of people in the queue.

And for the sake of argument, let's say wintrading was rampant. You still get far better rewards in ranked vs regs -- win or lose.
-Beruhl (ง︡'-'︠)ง

8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want can i borrow a stim?
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.