Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception Assassin / Shadow changes 6.1.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Deception Assassin / Shadow changes 6.1.1

Taketon
03.15.2020 , 07:25 PM | #21
Now the assassins are absolutely normal stealth class, a good burst at the opening, low damage after. On the arenas, they are the first target for killing, as they have the worst survival rates and are easiest to knock out of invisibility. People play this class only because for the first time in many years this class has become playable, and 3 crit in a row is fun. But this does not mean that it is an OP class. For example, operatives are much more mobile, they can evade almost all incoming damage, they can heal almost like healers, and the most important thing is that the operatives do much more damage in any specialization.
The fact that one player took all the top 3 places of assassins in a fraudulent way does not mean that the assassin is an OP. Just remove the trickster from the leaderboards and you will see that the assassins are pretty average.

Taketon
03.15.2020 , 07:37 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by meddani View Post
yeah, if you think eating 3 x 55-60k crits in 3-4 secs is balanced i don't know what to tell you. Glad this sh** will be nerfed, deception was never meant to be played as maul spam only lol.
I know what to tell you! All good players know how to resist this. All what you need is braker+Def ability. Mauls are white attack so ... l2p

cflems
03.23.2020 , 02:04 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Taketon View Post
I know what to tell you! All good players know how to resist this. All what you need is braker+Def ability. Mauls are white attack so ... l2p
Last I checked breaker has a 2-3 minute cooldown, spike has a 20 second cooldown, and electrocute has a 45 second cooldown. Whitebar falls off after about 10 seconds too. Seeing the problem yet? Also, if you pre-pop a white damage dcd and then get stunned, you've wasted it because all white damage defense is hard set to zero during a hardstun.

Three 60k hits is actually not that extravagant of a concept, 60k is about what autocrit ambush hits for without the roll tactical, and snipers can get three of them with one of their set bonuses. But can you imagine how much people would be ************ if snipers could cast three ambushes back to back? Same concept. The other problem being that, due to deception's recklessness reset and two cloaks, sins have actually been getting about nine (9) autocrit mauls, which is a little preposterous. This is a good change, not only will it trade some of the spec's ridiculous burst for some sustain (which it is lacking), it being it back to having an actual rotation with more than one button in it. Good sins will still thrive, they'll just play more like maras now.

Barnonahill
03.23.2020 , 11:13 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I still think the biggest problem sins have had is the ability to swap tacticalís when they stealth out.

IMO, that should have been the first thing on the list to change and Iím at a loss to understand why this hasnít been addressed.
Honestly this. We should NOT be able to swap tacticals outside the spawn, period.

Edit: Forgot the not part, kinda changes the whole message

ARFett
03.25.2020 , 05:32 PM | #25
Totally out of whack.

Balancing?

HA!
This class breaks balance at the moment like hell!

With the tacticals, the right set you get three bloody stuns each hit 60-70k due to auto crit.

Brings you down from 280k hp (which is a rough middle for PvP) to 70k hp in 10 secs.

And then?

Thanks for moronic move to give them two cloaks and two stun for one also as tactical.

And if I hear assas whine their damage is only on par w other classes my blood pressure explodes.

They bloody kill you in 10 secs nearly!

Whoever balances this...mess:

NERF THEM 'cause they bloody break EVERY Balance!

A two persons assa team just rips through some lonely guard in 5 secs with endless stuns and auto-crits.

Whoever thinks this is fun:

Grab any other class and see how "motivating" it is getting f**** without being able to do a thing...

Also as for the whining about survivability Stuns PLUS Cloak (potentially 2 times w tactical) AND defense skills (deflection etc)!

A ridiculuos mass of stun.

1) Normal stun on steath attack

2) Electrocute (w perk 10 sec cooldown)

3) Low slash (which has some 10sec cooldown)

Add to that the cloak "sleep" and this class has a mass of stuns which NO other class has!

Even agents/scoundrels have some 30 sec cooldown for their stun attack.

And again bloody assa spam like hell w stuns.

Totally out of whack if you compare other classes stun capability.

Don't talk to me about "glass cannons" there.

Even after buffing the damage the DPS Vanguard/PT are still more glass cannon than any Assa/Shadow....

Tuturro
03.26.2020 , 05:51 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by cflems View Post
Good sins will still thrive, they'll just play more like maras now.
I doubt that we can face tank like maras for our sustain to be of any use. IMO just putting a CD on maul, like making it only usable under duplicity (10 sec CD) would have balanced it well.
QŻn

Apply May Cry, The Red Eclipse

Werronious
03.26.2020 , 04:23 PM | #27
they destroyed hatred with this nerf to death knell set.

RaithHarth
03.27.2020 , 09:15 PM | #28
I don't understand why Bioware keeps picking on Deception/Infiltration spec all the time, it isn't necessary, considering sins don't have the best survivability ratio, we need that extra boost of damage to make up for it.

Why doesn't Mercs/or PT's get nerfed when it's needed the most? There always seems to be some kinda of bias towards them.
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

septru
03.28.2020 , 12:19 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by RaithHarth View Post
I don't understand why Bioware keeps picking on Deception/Infiltration spec all the time, it isn't necessary, considering sins don't have the best survivability ratio, we need that extra boost of damage to make up for it.
Calm down dude. They are nerfing the burst and giving you sustained. At least its a trade-off where you get something in return, unlike other classes that are getting nerfed with no trade-offs such as operative.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

DzastinBiberi
03.30.2020 , 01:15 PM | #30
I just saw PT pulling 15k dps in arena like it was nothing, good luck pulling 15k with Deception.