Deception Assassin / Shadow changes 6.1.1

TrixxieTriss

Good sins will still thrive, they'll just play more like maras now.

I doubt that we can face tank like maras for our sustain to be of any use. IMO just putting a CD on maul, like making it only usable under duplicity (10 sec CD) would have balanced it well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why Bioware keeps picking on Deception/Infiltration spec all the time, it isn't necessary, considering sins don't have the best survivability ratio, we need that extra boost of damage to make up for it.

Why doesn't Mercs/or PT's get nerfed when it's needed the most? There always seems to be some kinda of bias towards them.

I don't understand why Bioware keeps picking on Deception/Infiltration spec all the time, it isn't necessary, considering sins don't have the best survivability ratio, we need that extra boost of damage to make up for it.

Calm down dude. They are nerfing the burst and giving you sustained. At least its a trade-off where you get something in return, unlike other classes that are getting nerfed with no trade-offs such as operative.

I just saw PT pulling 15k dps in arena like it was nothing, good luck pulling 15k with Deception.

Pt is also doesn't have 2 stealth out, cc, dcd's, needs to kite, melting without a guard or a healer.

Of course you won't do pt numbers are you kidding me? After the changes its a buff overall and deception is gonna be number on dummy parsing of these changes goes live. So they fixed the pvp without tanking the pve so job well done by bioware for once.

Sins are everywhere. In wz, on fleet, in arenas. Cuz all are top, pro, best EU, etc. Sins hits hard, have a tons of control, restealth, cc and heal yourself. U love to farm players, so u play sin. how many maras carnage u see in ranked and in regular wz (2 noobs "i play for fun" doesn't count). There are not. No one wanna plat PT pyro, cuz sin hits 69k maul in my heavy armor, my max hit was 39K with 70,7% surge and sins shroud your dots and tech attacks, whirlwind, reflect, immune to control, restealth, cc and heal. No one loves to loose in every game on planet. For win u prefer sin, cuz he can control, kill fast and hits hard. And your crocodile tears are not allowed Edited by Mega_Fallos

Sins are everywhere. In wz, on fleet, in arenas. Cuz all are top, pro, best EU, etc. Sins hits hard, have a tons of control, restealth, cc and heal yourself. U love to farm players, so u play sin. how many maras carnage u see in ranked and in regular wz (2 noobs "i play for fun" doesn't count). There are not. No one wanna plat PT pyro, cuz sin hits 69k maul in my heavy armor, my max hit was 39K with 70,7% surge and sins shroud your dots and tech attacks, whirlwind, reflect, immune to control, restealth, cc and heal. No one loves to loose in every game on planet. For win u prefer sin, cuz he can control, kill fast and hits hard. And your crocodile tears are not allowed

I love to farm players so I play sin?! :rolleyes: That's the best joke I've heard recently. You type bs, acting like you know me but you don't. Yeah, Shroud lasts for 3 sec, 5 sec with utility point, CD is 1 minute, if you want another CC immunity that lasts 6 sec but has 2 minutes CD, you have to spend another utility point, so many immunity abilities, please insert :sarcasm: here. Under Shroud sin can still be stunned with white dmg ability, snipers, low slash sin and your beloved PT.

Fury Mara has 6 sec immunity every 30 sec, you can miss with your stun if you're Obfuscated (45 sec CD) and it has another immunity for 6 sec if you pick the utility and still hits like a truck, can vanish on Predation every 30 sec with the tactical.

I don't care about Carnage mara's, this thread is about Deception sins, like the title implies. PT AP can burn you to 50% HP in one stun if you don't use a breaker and def. ability or your stun to counter them.

I can burn down ppl with any class, because I play them all. Jugg skank can pull over 10k DPS, Anni Mara, broken AP PT, Hatred sin also, MM sniper can hit you with 90K insta ambushes, Conc Operative can burst you with 2x50-60k hits with tons of stuns, god roll, stealth and self heals, so even when they nerf Deception sins, I'll just "farm" ppl with something else and make them cry again. :D

I can burn down ppl with any class, because I play them all. Jugg skank can pull over 10k DPS, Anni Mara, broken AP PT, Hatred sin also, MM sniper can hit you with 90K insta ambushes, Conc Operative can burst you with 2x50-60k hits with tons of stuns, god roll, stealth and self heals, so even when they nerf Deception sins, I'll just "farm" ppl with something else and make them cry again. :D

LEL you mention hatred...hatred is like 2 levels behind infil/dec in terms of damage. Plus nerfing of death knell set nerfs our execute, biggest hit ability. removing 3x 50-60k dmg and giving serenity/leeching crit for 20k is a pretty big nerf to me. Thats why i changed set to murd. revelation cause this nerf sucks.

I love to farm players so I play sin?! :rolleyes: That's the best joke I've heard recently. You type bs, acting like you know me but you don't. Yeah, Shroud lasts for 3 sec, 5 sec with utility point, CD is 1 minute, if you want another CC immunity that lasts 6 sec but has 2 minutes CD, you have to spend another utility point, so many immunity abilities, please insert :sarcasm: here. Under Shroud sin can still be stunned with white dmg ability, snipers, low slash sin and your beloved PT.

Fury Mara has 6 sec immunity every 30 sec, you can miss with your stun if you're Obfuscated (45 sec CD) and it has another immunity for 6 sec if you pick the utility and still hits like a truck, can vanish on Predation every 30 sec with the tactical.

I don't care about Carnage mara's, this thread is about Deception sins, like the title implies. PT AP can burn you to 50% HP in one stun if you don't use a breaker and def. ability or your stun to counter them.

But, which healer do you play when you heal? I am curious which one deals with all these overturned DPS now best in your eyes. I know it’s a question off topic but for the topic I know where everyone stands in this thread.

LEL you mention hatred...hatred is like 2 levels behind infil/dec in terms of damage. Plus nerfing of death knell set nerfs our execute, biggest hit ability. removing 3x 50-60k dmg and giving serenity/leeching crit for 20k is a pretty big nerf to me. Thats why i changed set to murd. revelation cause this nerf sucks.

In terms of burst it is, Hatred has some burst only with Death Knell set, with Revelation set, it has literally none, but my opinion when it comes to DPS, I still think Hatred can pull more if you can keep up your DoT's ticking.

This is from yesterday with Revelation set.

It is a big nerf to that set, but I still think it's better than Revelation. Revelation could be really good if you had 100% chance crit for 6 sec everytime you Stride and not only from stealth, 'cause benefit isnt much tbh and it's only 6 sec which isn't alot to begin with.

But, which healer do you play when you heal? I am curious which one deals with all these overturned DPS now best in your eyes. I know it’s a question off topic but for the topic I know where everyone stands in this thread.

In 6 yrs of playing, I've never made a healer. I only did offhealing with dps classes when needed in wz.

But from what I've seen and heard, Mercs and Operatives seems to be better than Sorces.

Operatives are tricky to master unlike mercs and sorces, but really good one's are hard to kill and they heal alot.

Recently I saw an operative doing 16m of healing in AH wz. I haven't seen any other healer class pulling that much on DM server.

In terms of burst it is, Hatred has some burst only with Death Knell set, with Revelation set, it has literally none, but my opinion when it comes to DPS, I still think Hatred can pull more if you can keep up your DoT's ticking.

It is a big nerf to that set, but I still think it's better than Revelation. Revelation could be really good if you had 100% chance crit for 6 sec everytime you Stride and not only from stealth, 'cause benefit isnt much tbh and it's only 6 sec which isn't alot to begin with.

Revelation has better burst capabilities, when you attack right from stealth your dots can tick 10k each but 6 sec 100% crit is just low, 8 or 9 sec would be good. And yes I agree for 6 sec if yo ucan use it with stride without stealth, that would be good change.

Calm down dude. They are nerfing the burst and giving you sustained. At least its a trade-off where you get something in return, unlike other classes that are getting nerfed with no trade-offs such as operative.

I just came out of match with a Powertech who was delivering 8103.38 damage per second, and yet it's still difficult for Deception/Infiltration to hit those numbers in comparison (even what we got now before 6.1 hits), can it be done? I'm sure it can (but with a lot more difficulty) and yet we are the one's getting nerfed?

I just came out of match with a Powertech who was delivering 8103.38 damage per second, and yet it's still difficult for Deception/Infiltration to hit those numbers in comparison (even what we got now before 6.1 hits), can it be done? I'm sure it can (but with a lot more difficulty) and yet we are the one's getting nerfed?

Deception needs to get nerfed. End of story. Why do you think everyone is playing them now? :eek:

Edited by LordSitho

8.1k is actually not that good. It is good numbers but not great, and assassins can easily hit that number. PT dps becomes amazing when it hits the 12k+ range. Those are numbers that assassin's struggle to reach.

Regardless, no one is disagreeing with you. Both need a nerf.

How is hatred ATM? Are there buffs coming for it? I watched a video from Krea and it seemed like hatred was doing good....

I thought I saw there was buffs coming? Have you tried the murderous revelation set?

hatred/serenity is getting nerfed hard with death knell nerf, murderous is pretty **** for a 6 sec 100% crit, if it were 9-10 sec it would be good. Saddly hatred/serenity is outdated.

Why doesn't Mercs/or PT's get nerfed when it's needed the most? There always seems to be some kinda of bias towards them.

Lmao, dude AP PT gets over-tuned for what - two months, and BW is biased towards them? Nevermind their survivability is still meh and they were basically garbage for all of 5.0 without a constant healer and tank support.

Get real dude.

hatred/serenity is getting nerfed hard with death knell nerf, murderous is pretty **** for a 6 sec 100% crit, if it were 9-10 sec it would be good. Saddly hatred/serenity is outdated.

Have you tried the murderous revelation set?

I was checking out this guide and Hatred looks good.