Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Current Meta

Lhancelot
03.23.2020 , 10:05 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Skillztbh View Post
Don't rly see the "high skill cap" on Pt right now - they are very straightforward and benefit from an incredibly overtuned tactical which makes them probably the best class in almost every heal game right now, while they also perform okayish in 4 dps games.
I honestly think the high skill level comes in play with not so much the difficulty or complexity of the PT class abilities but instead the class is limited and requires a lot more awareness of what to do in combat with such limited resources when it comes to DCDs.

Many players can mash buttons awesomely and do a fine rotation in PVP putting up solid numbers but the rare ones do that and also manage to keep themselves alive with smart gameplay using LOS kiting, and always being in a place where they can get heals effectively.

Sounds like common sense, but most people do not have elite skills as well as elite awareness and that class really requires a player that plays smartly. But if done so, just like before the class can be quite the wrecking ball. That's my take on it.

Used to be marauders were the same way btw, I remember as a healer back in the day some players really could do well on the marauder class even when the class had awful DCDs these guys still could wreck other players but that's because they knew when to attack and always stayed in a location where they could get heals but also escape from damage if it got too overwhelming.

My point is I always noticed players with extraordinary awareness some players really are able to balance their attacks with positional superiority at all times and those guys are easiest to keep up with heals.

Past mara were like that, and now PTs sound to be that way. If the player has elite awareness, they will have the tools to really make the PT class shine and take full advantage of all it's elite damage that otherwise can't be harnessed.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

septru
03.23.2020 , 12:25 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Skillztbh View Post
Don't rly see the "high skill cap" on Pt right now - they are very straightforward and benefit from an incredibly overtuned tactical which makes them probably the best class in almost every heal game right now, while they also perform okayish in 4 dps games.
The strongest comp in 4s right now is double ap pt. In that meta, with that comp, there is little skill in playing ap pt. You smash your face against keyboard, do a couple of carb swaps, hit tab to target the ungaurded enemy, and you rape the other team. There is very little skill when playing pt in that meta because you have a tank that will guard you. So you can smash your face against your keyboard damage wise, while never worrying about your cds because you have a tank that will guard you. But in other metas, without a healer and without a tank, powertech's weak defenses show.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

abhaxus
03.23.2020 , 08:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Atheanas View Post
so it seems for dps and heals operative is considered the meta. Would lethality or concealment be stronger? I played lethality back in the day and enjoyed it but that was years ago.
Lethality+viral elements tactical is capable of the highest overall DPS in PVP currently. Absolutely crazy AOE. Strong self heals and strong passive mitigation. If you played leth before, be aware the style of play is very different, and also you kill things now. Lots of things, all at once every 3 minutes or so when you double AOE up to 8 players for 30-40k, x2 when tactical overdrive is up.

Concealment+ vol strike tactical has insane single target burst on demand, with mediocre but sufficient self heals and stronger active but poorer passive mitigation. You can roll through 100% of damage twice every 8-10 seconds, but you lose the 15% DR from shield probe. This is the spec that is top for SR.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Pill Cosby - leth op | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | Aßhaxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | Aßhole - Commando

Ottoattack
03.23.2020 , 11:05 PM | #24
Based on the leader boards, best solo que are ops and sin. Best group is PT and ops.

If you are solo queing WZs, your probably could make the highest impact with stealth.

LordKitana
03.30.2020 , 03:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Operative, Merc, Sorc = healers in order of best to worst.

Operative, Maurauder, Sniper, PT, Sorc, Sin, Merc, Jugg = DPS in order of best to worst.

Jugg, Sin, PT = TANKS in order of best to worst.
Can someone tell me why everyone is now saying sorc is the worst heals ?
KITANA KOMBAT
THE KOMBAT LEGACY
"My blades will soften your tone"
http://www.swtor.com/r/4BVHcT

Lhancelot
03.30.2020 , 08:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LordKitana View Post
Can someone tell me why everyone is now saying sorc is the worst heals ?
Because they are.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

LordKitana
03.30.2020 , 01:11 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Because they are.
But why tho :c that's my main
KITANA KOMBAT
THE KOMBAT LEGACY

septru
03.30.2020 , 01:39 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LordKitana View Post
But why tho :c that's my main
In the past, sorc has had a relatively lower hps output (compared to operative and merc), but has made up for it in its utilities (best compared to the other two healing specs), group tools (again the best), good burst healing, and relatively high survivability (second only to merc).

In 6.0, sorc healing hps output is at an all time low. Its utility, group tools, and survivability are still good, but with very little healing it is just overcome by an overwhelming amount of damage. Both burst and cleave damage.

TLDR: sorc healing can no longer keep up with damage.
-Prum, Satele Shan
"The real endgame is general chat."
The only real top 3 operative btw

LordKitana
03.31.2020 , 12:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
In the past, sorc has had a relatively lower hps output (compared to operative and merc), but has made up for it in its utilities (best compared to the other two healing specs), group tools (again the best), good burst healing, and relatively high survivability (second only to merc).

In 6.0, sorc healing hps output is at an all time low. Its utility, group tools, and survivability are still good, but with very little healing it is just overcome by an overwhelming amount of damage. Both burst and cleave damage.

TLDR: sorc healing can no longer keep up with damage.
Oh ok ty
KITANA KOMBAT
THE KOMBAT LEGACY

-Ashton-
03.31.2020 , 02:07 PM | #30
I'm not sure about 4v4. But i feel offended people think merc is bottom 3 DPS. i'm regularly doing 13k +dps in 8v8 as innovative ordnance.

sure I.O requires more skill and management than arsenal, but the dot spread with supercharged gas tactical is destructive if left alone. https://imgur.com/bappJUo
Müshroom Mäyhem - 75 innovative Ordnance Mercenary
Müshroom Mädness - 75 Lethality Operative
(Darth Malgus EU)
Regstar 15.7k dps https://imgur.com/bappJUo