DO NOT RELEASE THIS GEARING SYSTEM, please...

Floplag

I dont know how else to put this, please, do not release this in its current state or close to it.

It is ridiculously complex and unintuitive and makes the WoW grind look palpable.

Please listen to your top influencers like Xam Xam and Snave, do not do this at a time when you need a successful release, this will not be it.

Edited by Floplag

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is ridiculously complex and unintuitive and makes the WoW grind look palpable.

So much ^^this.

I'm a gamer for almost 40 years and I learned to play with ridiculously difficult games like R-Type and Ghosts 'n Goblins. But I'm completely confused and even overwhelmed with this new gearing system. It doesn't make sense to me.

I wonder how a new player will feel about it. I think it's way too complicated.

Did not the command system be used to make it easier for people? Now they make it more difficult.

Since Mr. Kanneg is in charge, they changed back to "make this game as difficult as possible".

All new flashpoints (in group mode) as well as GotM are notoriously difficult in such a way that many people don't even want to play it. Feedback about the new Ops indicates a high difficulty, too.

They cater to the hardheads. Did they do this before? Oh, yes, at the very beginning of the game. How did that work out for them? Not very good. Summer 2012, who remembers? I do. The devs don't.

It's not difficult to predict what will happen after 6.0 - if it goes live with a similar status quo as now on the PTS.

Why on Earth did they think what they have done so far with 6.0 is a good idea? I really don't get it. Why did they make their lives so difficult by inventing something that no one asked for (in this form)?

So much ^^this.

I'm a gamer for almost 40 years and I learned to play with ridiculously difficult games like R-Type and Ghosts 'n Goblins. But I'm completely confused and even overwhelmed with this new gearing system. It doesn't make sense to me.

I wonder how a new player will feel about it. I think it's way too complicated.

?

This is the key for me, when 2 people who i believe know this game as well as any have such polor opposite viewpoints, there is something horrible wrong.

Ask 5 people you probably get different answers from all of them?

At best they did a poor job of explaining it, but even those who tried to figure it still dont seem to get it or agree.

Gearing should never be that dog gone complicated.

Im praying they figure it out

I am for a simple system.

There are only tokens. The equipment costs each 1500 - 2000 token. Depending on the level of difficulty, there is more.

Small example for PVE:

Daily quests: 5 Token

Weekly quest: 25 Token

--------

SM FP: 15 Token

VM FP: 50 Token

MM FP: 80 Token

-------

SM OP: 150 Token

VM OP: 350 Token

MM OP: 700 Token

------------------------------------------------------

Each Roles has 2 armor sets with individual set bonus. You can choose it, but it is not flooded.

-----------------------------------------------------

There are only normal upgrades without this weird 2x charging. Or whatever it is.

-----------------------------------------------------

A dealer who is always there.

It is ridiculously complex and unintuitive

Wait, what? Kill x, get random item is complex and unintuitive? Its the baseline for the last 20+ years of MMO experience.

I thought i heard everything, but someone fortunately necro'd this thread.

Edited by olagatonjedi

Wait, what? Kill x, get random item is complex and unintuitive? Its the baseline for the last 20+ years of MMO experience.

I thought i heard everything, but someone fortunately necro'd this thread.

Necro'd 6 days ago? lol

If thats your summary of whats going on, you should perhaps read a bit more... its more like kill x gets random x which turns into a bunch of smaller ranmdom x that will take mountains of said x to trade for another random x that might get the piece you actually were looking for or can use but more like more piles of x.

Necro'd 6 days ago? lol

If thats your summary of whats going on, you should perhaps read a bit more... its more like kill x gets random x which turns into a bunch of smaller ranmdom x that will take mountains of said x to trade for another random x that might get the piece you actually were looking for or can use but more like more piles of x.

You dont need to break down any loot. Everything can be obtained with loot and scoot.

I

WoW classic grind is very relaxing at the moment compared to swtor’s normal grind. This newer system will make WoW grind look perfect.

Please don’t go ahead with it in it’s current form if complexity and RNG grind. If Snave and Xam are saying it’s a problem, then you should listen to them.

You dont need to break down any loot. Everything can be obtained with loot and scoot.

What are you talking about? You need to either deconstruct the stuff for Tech Fragments, or equip it to raise your character-wide item rating so you get better drops on the next boss. If you sell it for credits then you’re a fool. And my inventory is half-full after a veteran mode hammer station, so you can’t do too much without shifting to deconstruction.

What are you talking about? You need to either deconstruct the stuff for Tech Fragments, or equip it to raise your character-wide item rating so you get better drops on the next boss. If you sell it for credits then you’re a fool. And my inventory is half-full after a veteran mode hammer station, so you can’t do too much without shifting to deconstruction.

What you should be asking Oleg, is he actually on the PTS testing all of this himself of just shooting white bullet posts into the forums to stir up trouble. How can he know how arduous the system is if he hasn’t tested it himself.

For those who arent aware, your gear can progress without tech frags. Mind blown! Sounds like some players are making the 6.0 loot system more complex than it has to be. The tech frag route will make things faster, but by no means necessary.

Edited by olagatonjedi

What you should be asking Oleg, is he actually on the PTS testing all of this himself of just shooting white bullet posts into the forums to stir up trouble. How can he know how arduous the system is if he hasn’t tested it himself.

Yes, i have been on PTS for each phase so far. Seen things first hand and can see first hand that everything isnt the doom and gloom being proclaimed on the forums.

And my inventory is half-full after a veteran mode hammer station

I've run it 5 times straight (for the achievement). Got 3 items total. You inventory is half-full ?! :mad: Did you really do nothing but playing Hammer Station for a week ?

Yes, i have been on PTS for each phase so far. Seen things first hand and can see first hand that everything isnt the doom and gloom being proclaimed on the forums.

Yeah. Right. :(

1 item cost 5000 tech fragments (that's if you are lucky enough to catch the item you need in the vendor's list). The vet. mode gives you what ? 3-5 fragments per run ? :confused: So. How many years should I spend till I'll be able to buy 1 piece of a gear if I only have time to run 1 flashpoint a week ? :( And no operation at all ?

Olag may not have been on PTS but I have, and by God, the exaggeration in these threads is insane to me.

Is it where it should be in terms of balancing RNG and direct upgrades? Not yet, but it's getting there. Takana is at least giving me pieces I can use on my Arsenal Merc, at an Item Rating around what I currently have on from world loot and Onderon dailies. For prices in the hundreds of frags, this is reasonable, but needs a little more improvement as I can absolutely see it falling over once I hit IR300, as others have been experiencing.

Spitballing:

• Takana's prices are good for what the vendor is meant to do.
  • Kai sells random specific items each weekend, but should probably have at least a few guaranteed items available (at least two of a gold moddable set bonus shell per class, and at least two or three tacs, imo).
  • Takana's random piece tokens should always generate a set bonus piece for your spec at your next item level tier once you hit around 294.

That last point especially should significantly thin out the table the tokens you buy can pull from at higher item ratings, which would go a long way to correcting the RNG issue for harder content.

Edited by NebRanger

I've run it 5 times straight (for the achievement). Got 3 items total. You inventory is half-full ?! :mad: Did you really do nothing but playing Hammer Station for a week ?

Yeah. Right. :(

1 item cost 5000 tech fragments (that's if you are lucky enough to catch the item you need in the vendor's list). The vet. mode gives you what ? 3-5 fragments per run ? :confused: So. How many years should I spend till I'll be able to buy 1 piece of a gear if I only have time to run 1 flashpoint a week ? :( And no operation at all ?

Id recommend getting on PTS to try it yourself.

...regardless, the 6.0 planned gearing system is ridiculous.

Why cannot we have those from 3.0 or 4.0 even? What was wrong with that??

Again: you go and complete the mission, you get the token reward - you go to vendor, purchase an item of will, and you upgrade your gear the way you want.

What is so complicated about that, I wonder...why cannot we just use this system???