No Conqueror of Dantooine achievement

BenKatarn

Yeah, I know that, but still, it was not there so you can't expect to get it. :-)

Also, neither Ziost nor Ossus were fiddled into the Galaxy Conqueror title so there is no general rule or logic in what they do, never was.

It is only logical not to add the later planets to the "Galaxy Conqueror"-achievement, because in order for it to make sense you would have to actually take that achievement away from everyone who had earned it before. I am 100% there would have been an outrage. ;)

Then again it is not at all logical to add a planet to conquest without an achievement for conquering it. It can only be an oversight (in dubio pro developer), it just does not make any sense.

And I do agree: character based ranking in a guild is pretty useless. ;)

It is only logical not to add the later planets to the "Galaxy Conqueror"-achievement, because in order for it to make sense you would have to actually take that achievement away from everyone who had earned it before. I am 100% there would have been an outrage. ;)

But they may still add some kind of zero-point achievment which enlist any new planet. And name it like "There is so much to conquer yet" (/respect Grand Moff Kilran):rolleyes:

Edited by SeKaNoBaka

Then again it is not at all logical to add a planet to conquest without an achievement for conquering it. It can only be an oversight (in dubio pro developer), it just does not make any sense.

And I do agree: character based ranking in a guild is pretty useless. ;)

well. the first conqueror achievement didn't include ziost, yavin or rishi. none the less they included them when they released these planets. so you had to do additional planets if you didn't already have the galaxy conqueror achievement. and they can do the same now.

Hey folks,

I am looking into whether it is a bug or not that there is no achievement for Conquering Dantooine. I will let you know one way or another and if it is a bug, what the plan is.

Thanks!

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric, Maybe in the future if planets don't award the titles if this wasn't a bug then those planets shouldn't able to be conquered in the first place because guilds put so much effort into trying to win a planet and it's a lot of wasted time and effort and can leave very sour notes and cause unwanted drama within the community.

Thanks for the update Eric, Maybe in the future if planets don't award the titles if this wasn't a bug then those planets shouldn't able to be conquered in the first place because guilds put so much effort into trying to win a planet and it's a lot of wasted time and effort and can leave very sour notes and cause unwanted drama within the community.

Pretty much this.

Dantooine is an invasion target, and a large one at that. It needs to have an achievement and a title.

What server are you referring to with this analysis?

Realistically, there's not much point in those achievements anymore.

My experience of conquest has been that in the 3 planet assaults, 1 LY, 1 MY and 1 HY target, there are alliances who consistently dominate each category.

There's no competitiveness or skill involved.

And its entirely unfair that this "select elite" would be able to access achievements.

Your only option is really to join them or do without.

Hopefully, the new CQ for Kills system helps even that out.

But in the meantime, I think its only fair that its not there because every completionist needs it and not everyone wants to join the big bully conquest guild that could split in two, stop pretending like anyone cares what they score playing PvE, and start making things more competitive.

They won't though, because they want to be elites and its fair for the rest of us they're not currently being treated as such.

Inb4 they built the guild they're entitled to it

A responsible monopoly does not corner the market because competition makes for a healthy and productive environment.

Edited by sdom

What server are you referring to with this analysis?

Realistically, there's not much point in those achievements anymore.

My experience of conquest has been that in the 3 planet assaults, 1 LY, 1 MY and 1 HY target, there are alliances who consistently dominate each category.

There's no competitiveness or skill involved.

And its entirely unfair that this "select elite" would be able to access achievements.

Your only option is really to join them or do without.

Hopefully, the new CQ for Kills system helps even that out.

But in the meantime, I think its only fair that its not there because every completionist needs it and not everyone wants to join the big bully conquest guild that could split in two, stop pretending like anyone cares what they score playing PvE, and start making things more competitive.

They won't though, because they want to be elites and its fair for the rest of us they're not currently being treated as such.

Inb4 they built the guild they're entitled to it

A responsible monopoly does not corner the market because competition makes for a healthy and productive environment.

As someone who formerly ran such a guild (if you wanted a title on Harbinger, you came to us), I can say that once upon a time it was easy to "run the board" and conquer all available planets. I quit playing after 5.8, partly because after leaving that mega-guild I liked still doing Conquest things with the smaller guilds I was part of, but once the "Once per legacy per week/day" thing happened and my virtual army of alts (all with max level crafting and 8x level 50 influence companions) became worthless.

I had fun with the sheer competition of it, and enjoyed later on allying with other guilds in the name of "you keep your guild, I keep mine, but we work together on conquest" play. I don't know how much of that still goes on, but it honestly was a great compromise to the "must have mega-guild to get anywhere" approach. At least, it was... I haven't touched conquest since then to speak of, so the new system of XP=CQP might have swung it back the other way a little more toward alt-friendly.

So I guess I'm not really contributing much to this except to respond to the above post to say: Not all "mega-guilds" are bad, evil entities. The guild I ran had a terrible reputation on the server (one of the worst), but many of our members LOVED being in an active guild that was always doing something conquest related and that threw huge member events for those that attended (and we frequently had over 100 members at single events, once even forcing a second instance of our own guild flagship). Shoot, even Dulfy was a member of that guild for awhile, especially wanting to take advantage of people around/online all day/night. They also provided repair funds and other perks that not every guild offers, so they are not all one and the same "bad guys". Some huge guilds are huge because they are awesome. Hard to avoid the eventual drama in guilds that size, though... and the hatred that comes with being successful at anything, even if it's "just conquest".

RE the OP and to the Developers: The new planets should have conqueror titles, achievements, and an additional "Galaxy Conqueror" style achievement for getting planets like Iokath, Ziost, Dantooine, Ossus, Dxun, etc. that will come after the original achievement is earned.

Anyway... that's my 2cents.

Edited by PennyAnn

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Ok, I think I have all of the details. I can confirm that the achievement for Conquering Dantooine is completely missing, which is why you are not getting credit. Here are the details:

• We are planning to add in the Conqueror of Dantooine Achievements in 5.10.4 in July.
  • There is a personal completion Achievement for Achievement points.
  • There is a Guild Achievement which awards the title Conqueror of Dantooine.
  • We will not be adding Dantooine to the Galactic Conqueror requirements.

We are actively investigating what parts of this we can grant retroactively. I believe we can cover Guilds who conquered the planet but let me get confirmation. Thanks all!

-eric

Thanks for the update, Eric.

I can't speak for other guilds, but I know that the conquest lead of my guild kept detailed records of who contributed to our conquest of Dantooine, so I could provide info on who should have gotten the achievement if required.

• We are planning to add in the Conqueror of Dantooine Achievements in 5.10.4 in July.
  • There is a personal completion Achievement for Achievement points.
  • There is a Guild Achievement which awards the title Conqueror of Dantooine.
  • We will not be adding Dantooine to the Galactic Conqueror requirements.

What's a Guild Achievement? :confused:

I assume you mean there will be an achievement for reaching your personal target during The Pirate Incursion, and an achievement for conquering the planet with your guild.

• Dev Post
What's a Guild Achievement? :confused:

I assume you mean there will be an achievement for reaching your personal target during The Pirate Incursion, and an achievement for conquering the planet with your guild.

Correct!

Ok, final update. The plan is that for any Guild that conquered Dantooine during the two weeks the event ran, we will be retroactively granting them the Personal target and Guild Conquest Achievements in 5.10.4. I will provide any additional updates as I have them.

-eric

Correct!

Ok, final update. The plan is that for any Guild that conquered Dantooine during the two weeks the event ran, we will be retroactively granting them the Personal target and Guild Conquest Achievements in 5.10.4. I will provide any additional updates as I have them.

-eric

Thanks for the great news Eric :)

• 2 weeks later...

A question about the retroactive granting of the achievements:

I was in a guild that got #1 the first time Dantooine came out and so earned the achievement (or should have), however I've since left that guild. Will I retroactively get the title even though I am not currently in the guild, but was at the time?