The relative powers of classes and specs.

Jabbb

Feel free to disagree or post your own version but:

1.40 Hybrid sorc

1.40 Healer merc

1.40 Dot marauder, properly played

1.30 Pure heals sorc

1.20 Pure heals Operative

1.20 Non Dot marauder, properly played

1.10 Pyro PT

1.05 Assassin Tank

1.05 Assasin DPS

1.05 Pure DPS sorc

1.05 Sniper in cover or on a ledge

1.0 Pyro merc

1.0 Concealment Operative

1.0 hybrid tank Pyro PT

0.95 Pure tank PT

0.95 Vengence Jug

0.95 Arsenal Merc

0.85 Tank Juggernaut

0.80 AP PT

0.80 Sniper, not in cover/on a ledge

Ranked as a ratio, such that 1 merc healer is worth 1.4 concealment operatives

This is my view playing A PyroPT and a Marauder, and with input from an operative, based on the performance of other players.

Edited by Jabbb

'tracer spamming mercs' lol, clearly you havent played one to see that they made the rest of our abilities work from tracer missile spam...

Its bad design not bad play.

the thing that makes it lame is how hard they hit, that's why everyone complains about them, and why you all use them so much i'm sure

0.95 Annihilation Jug

0.85 Tank Juggernaut

juggs come in three flavours. annihilation isnt one of them.

vengence jugg (sustained damage) against skilled opposition, this is king.

rage jugg (burst) against noobs, this is best for lol farming kills

immortal (tank) best for working with a team. focus is on winning the match, rather than beating the opposition.

'tracer spamming mercs' lol, clearly you havent played one to see that they made the rest of our abilities work from tracer missile spam...

Its bad design not bad play.

That was sort of derogatory, but I wasn't implying that they were bad players I don't think they're very powerful in direct combat, very counterable (interrupt)

That was sort of derogatory, but I wasn't implying that they were bad players I don't think they're very powerful in direct combat, very counterable (interrupt)

you dont say? one could call pyro the cop out spec for those who cant survive as an arsenal

You don't know what you're talking about at all. You just have a general idea of what various specs kind of do. "Annihilation Juggernaut" is LOL. "DoT marauder" and "Not the dot marauder" - we come in 3 flavors. "Pure DPS Sorc" There's two specs. There's a bunch more I could point out.

You can't comment accurately on class balance if you don't know how other classes work.

You don't know what you're talking about at all. You just have a general idea of what various specs kind of do. "Annihilation Juggernaut" is LOL. "DoT marauder" and "Not the dot marauder" - we come in 3 flavors. "Pure DPS Sorc" There's two specs. There's a bunch more I could point out.

You can't comment accurately on class balance if you don't know how other classes work.

The two non dot marauders are pretty even in my mind, the dot one (annihilation) is best by far in skilled hands. And I meant and replaced with vengence Juggs.