Too Much Crowd Control

Caelib

I respect that SWTOR wants to doing this different, but the amount of crowd control in this game is just far over the top. Not only does it make a warzone play more like a game of pinball, the abundance of CC removes a lot of strategy/tactics.

Now, in a 1v1 fight, each player's CC mechanics aren't bad. It when you introduce 16 players that all have stuns, knockbacks, slows, pulls, etc. In most battles, there's an over-abundance of AOE CC flying around -- this means that the use of CC mechanics are used more like spam than anything else.

And because of this spam and the resolve meter, being able to use CC on an enemy is dependent on the amount of CC spam.

This system is very broken and sadly I don't think you will ever change it. I do not think it is fixable without completely removing most of it significantly increasing the cooldowns.

I am actually surprised that Bioware, having Mythic onboard as consultants for PvP would have implemented so much CC -- seeing as how that was the downfall of DAoC's RvR system.

No, they just have to make everything affect resolve and they are good. If you are full, you are full, can't be stunned but there are too many other things that don't work with it so it's a little messed up.

Not insanely bad like people think but if you have smart players, there are times you can't do anything for well over 10 seconds while they beat on you.

Edited by Bizwolf

I am actually surprised that Bioware, having Mythic onboard as consultants for PvP would have implemented so much CC -- seeing as how that was the downfall of DAoC's RvR system.

SPECULATION: I get the impression that when Mythic's former employees were brought into the project, their expert opinions were ignored, that they were told what to do and that if they spoke up, they were treated as though they didn't know what they were talking about.