Consular Companions Vs Inquisitor Companions

Sepyuff

Anyone else thinks that the Consular companions just have really dull personalities compared to their counterparts?

Qyzen vs Khem - Khem just has more Personalities. . . . . . . . . get it?

Tharen vs Talos - As a male, the way Tharan says thanks is just creepy. Talos makes you lol.

Zenith vs Andronikos - Spike, that is all.

Nadia vs Ashara - I'm just gonna leave this one alone. . . . .

That's my take.

Edited by Sireene
IC - PM'd

Qyzen vs Khem - Qyzen can actually leap into battle. Saves me time.

Tharen vs Talos - Tharan brings Holiday. Holiday > Talos.

Zenith vs Andronikos - Zenith is voiced by Troy Baker, who voiced Yuri Lowell in Tales of Vesperia, so eh.

Nadia vs Ashara - So... much... hate. There's a *********** Jedi on my ship and I can't kill her. What the ****. Ashara is the biggest troll of a base breaker I've seen in... forever. Nadia wins this hands down.

Edited by Sireene
reply to edited post

Anyone else thinks that the Consular companions just have really dull personalities compared to their counterparts?

Qyzen vs Khem - Khem just has more Personalities. . . . . . . . . get it?

Tharen vs Talos - As a male, the way Tharan says thanks is just creepy. Talos makes you lol.

Zenith vs Andronikos - Spike, that is all.

Nadia vs Ashara - I'm just gonna leave this one alone. . . . .

That's my take.

Regarding Qyzen vs. Khem - I find Qyzen to have much more of a personality and more of a reason to be in your life than Khem.

It all boils down to personal preference, I think. As a Seer, I've been using Qyzen since he joined my crew :)

What, no love for Iresso or Xalek? Iresso is a loyal solider and a normal guy; Xalek is a loyal, slightly fanatical warrior. As for these guys...

Qyzen vs Khem.-They both have personalities! main difference is Qyzen has a lifestyle that fullfills him. Khem's past-time is wanting you to fill his stomach. Literally. YOU.

Tharan vs Talos- Both are good guys. They're both in love with their work, Tharan is just slightly more in love with himself+ Hoilday.

Zenith vs Andronikos- Rebel vs Bad boy, both of these guys are a win, it's just stupid to try and compare them.

Nadia vs Ashara- Nadia wins hands down. Sorry but Ashara makes no damn SENSE with the whole, I'm-still-a-jedi-with-a-sith-master. Woman, you can't have your Lightsaber and swing it too.

No one is dull compared to their "counter part". Heck some of these guys you can't even make a comparison because they're on an entirely different level. Just sayin.

I liked Khem better than the dumb lizard

Holiday makes Theran better than Talos

Zenith and Andro are both awesome so thats a draw

Nadia vs Ashara...well they both annoy the hell out of me. I guess I'll give Nadia the win due to gear factor and I put her in skimpy clothes without her body disappearing.

Why no Xalek vs Iresso? Just two big bags of nothing as far as I'm concerned.

Maybe the OP is bothered by a male hitting on him ;) (just a guess)

Bingo.

The "How marvelous" part is fine but that "thank you" is just creepy.

The Khem having more personalities is a tongue in cheek joke referencing to what happened at the end of chap 1.

Bingo.

The Khem having more personalities is a tongue in cheek joke referencing to what happened at the end of chap 1.

Ha, your Khem joke went right over my head. Well-played, sir.

Qyzen vs Khem - Qyzen eats himself, so Qyzen

Tharen vs Talos - Tharen has Holiday (<3), So Tharen

Zenith vs Andronikos - Zenith is a hero of a planet, Adronikos is just some guy that got betrayed

Nadia vs Ashara - Ashara is some super ugly, teenager. Nadia is a diplomat, and is hilarious to watch when she force waves mobs into other mobs. (Even though that's inconvenient, I still find it amusing when I'm running away from the lot of em)

Edited by Spiili

Nadia vs Ashara - Ashara is some super ugly, teenager

Ashara is 20 yrs old from what the Codex says. But now if you think about it, why would they put in her age in the codex in the first place? It's like they didn't want people to think the Sith Inquistor was a pedo or something. Seriously, the guy lures a young sounding girl with "gifts" just to take advantage of her. . . . .Oh MY GAWD!!!!

Call me crazy, but I absolutely adore Ashara. Much more than Nadia. Then again, I love the Togruta race!

The voice of Ashara is sexier too ... so meh. Different strokes, different folks. I am sure Ashara will come around in future updates if they decide to add to companion stories. I for one, would love to see her go from Jedi to Sith.

Qyzen is awesome. He calls you Herald and when you show concern for him

he says "am not your hatchling, Herald"

While Theran starts out annoying, he grows on you, especially if you complete his story quest. and Holiday is a big LOL

Zenith I didn't use alot, because I got Iresso fairly soon afterwards.

Iresso is a great companion and if you romance him, he's very sweet.

Nadia is strong (especially since she's outfitted in my old Battlemaster gear..) Her personality is a little weak, but I suppose it's accurate for someone new to the force.

Edited by KareBarey

Qyzen is able to leap into battle which gives a slight advantage in how fast you start a fight, Khem has an ability that will regain his health slightly, so both are a good starting companion for both classes.

Qyzen has increased (out of combat) health regen in tank stance. Its minor, and only out of combat.... but I'm level 35 and Khem only heals about 100 from killing something... so I think Qyzen (for the long haul) comes out ahead?

As far as Qyzen Vs Khem in general..... I quickly developed an INTENSE hatred of Kimmy because all he does is talk about Tulak Hord. TH THIS! TH THAT! YOU WILL NEVER BE AS GREAT AS TH LITTLE SITH /rambles about the only 2 things of note he did with TH.... then talks about how he will devour the "little sith"

**** ABOUT TH! HE DIED I'M YOUR MASTER!!!!! >.> The end of Chapter 1 was damn near the best thing that could have happened to him....

Qyzen has increased (out of combat) health regen in tank stance. Its minor, and only out of combat.... but I'm level 35 and Khem only heals about 100 from killing something... so I think Qyzen (for the long haul) comes out ahead?

As far as Qyzen Vs Khem in general..... I quickly developed an INTENSE hatred of Kimmy because all he does is talk about Tulak Hord. TH THIS! TH THAT! YOU WILL NEVER BE AS GREAT AS TH LITTLE SITH /rambles about the only 2 things of note he did with TH.... then talks about how he will devour the "little sith"

**** ABOUT TH! HE DIED I'M YOUR MASTER!!!!! >.> The end of Chapter 1 was damn near the best thing that could have happened to him....

Lol. I like Qyzen quite a bit, especially once you started earning his affection and his conversations open up, and you learn more about him. I pretty much use Qyzen exclusively because I'm a healer, unless I wanna clear enemies faster, then I take out Zenith. Khem started to grow on me, he started out annoying because, I agree way to much "Tulak Hord this, Tulak Hord that" and "I will kill you" at least at first, but he does come to respect you, which I liked, and his whole line about a "sabacc face" was priceless. He just gets in the way to much.

I've not really taken my Inquisitor very far, as I can't really comment far.

I think Qyzen vs Khem, as a tank, I think Qyzen wins, the jump is an advantage and as a seer I pretty much used him throughout the game, sometimes replacing him with Zenith, then Nadia as DPS. But I do find Khem to be more interesting as a character. But I don't have anything against Qyzen, he's a good companion and I like being regarded as a Herald.

But on the note of Nadia, I personally compare her to Jaesa Wilsaam, but then that's because I have play my Warrior enough to unlock her and in a way I think they're each other's opposites (at least with dark side Jaesa). If we were comparing those two, I think Jaesa wins for me, Nadia is sweet and caring, a bit clingy and her emotions kind of weaken her, as she constantly as conflict with her emotions (and as her master, you're kind of there to help her guide her emotions) and II think it helps make her and overall three-dimensional character, but I like Jaesa (I turned her Dark Side) because she's quite strong willed, and she's a lot more impulsive.

With Nadia's father's death, she's finding herself having these moments of mourning his death and kinda whines about it, nothing wrong with that, because it's natural. E.G. On Corellia she might mention about how her father said he would show her Corellia one day, or something like that. Little quirks like that.

Jaesa on the other hand, you murder her parents, kill fellow Jedis, kill the Jedi who taught her on Tatooine, you hunt her down like dog, cause her lots of pain and agony before fighting her master, bringing the darkside out of him, demonstrating the pure strength of the dark side and seeing her master as a broken man (and it was a lot of fun! Though he got harder and harder the more dark sided he got). And instead of crying about all her pain and suffering and what she's lost, she embraces it, lets it fuel her and makes it her strength and is also pretty much, "hooray murder!" Whilst admittedly, these are terrible traits and I feel like a horrible person, but I think it definitely makes her interesting as a character, even if I do like Nadia.

However, I think storywise and in terms of their personality and the people acting as their 'master', each make perfect sense, one's got to find peace and harmony because it's the Jedi way, whilst the other has got to use her pain and anger to fuel her rage and use her suffering to her strength because that's the Sith way. In both situations you are showing them the way of your order.

I guess, being evil is more interesting to me. So the fact I'm a level 50 lightsided Jedi Sage is probably baffling. :)

Nadia is voiced by Holly Fields... instant win.

(and she's pretty cool.. I'd love to mack on her as a female ;))

But, I'd have to say that the inquisitor companion "traits" for crew skills destroys consular. I mean, we have a few good ones, but not as good as inquisitor.

(maybe I'm biast because I'm biochem and it sucks now :()

Edited by spaace

Bingo.

Tharan is a metrosexual, but is not gay at all.

As for the rest, Andronikus is the only Sith Inquisitor companion, that I care about. Xalek would have been cool if you got him earlier.

I have not done Sith Inquisitor yet, yet I do have some comments on the consular companions against other Repub companions.

Qyzen. He thinks you are the direct representative of his god. Super Cool. Also when he offer's you a wookiee pelt for Nadia Priceless. Creams Lord Scourge (JK Melee Tank) in the interesting/coolness/fun to hang around department. Tanno Vik is pretty cool and your time to be just a bad boy for the trooper story line, but still I prefer Qyzen.

Theran. Holiday. Enough said.

Iresso. I liked his story line although I admit I must be in the minority as nobody mentions it. T7 is probably cooler because he is your own personaly R2-D2. But lets be honest in the ranged tank department NOBODY beats M1-4X for coolness and fun to hang out with. I simply can't get enough of M1-4X.

Nadia. I will compare her to love interests as she is the same class as Kira that is no problem, and do you really need to compare her to Yunn? I like Kira's Bad Girl Vibe, but Nadia is the sweetest, nicest, and most edearing of the romance options. Bringing Dorn out of her shell is cool and all, and capturing the heart of the bad girl with kira has it's novelty, but Nadia is the one we would all really want to marry. Plus her race is quite unique in the game. Just a hands down winner IMO

Zenith. Who doesn't love this guy. Aric can really get on your nerves, and Lt. Rusk is like a cardboard cutout of "Republic salty Non-com, One each" But Zenith with his angry moral compass and his not so veiled barbs against jedi, as well as his smug assurance of his own ability to kick *** is the true winner here.